Release Notes - PowerArchiver - Version 17.00.42
* [PA-521] - Show hidden files in explorer
* [PA-552] - Ability to enter proxy information for online registration
* [PA-571] - apps have aero enabled with skins, so their form bg is not skinned
* [PA-573] - black treeview selection when out of focus
* [PA-578] - select number of threads for ZIP format
* [PA-589] - implement portable PA shell icon, different color
* [PA-590] - CLONE - black treeview selection when out of focus
* [PA-380] - new paclib - set number of threads
* [PA-510] - implement latest e6 dll
* [PA-18] - Interface issues with specific Reg
* [PA-400] - with archive view, folders + explorer, create new> Backup and close, PA interface changes
* [PA-471] - explorer mode: window sizes not saved, left panel black text
* [PA-482] - changing to explorer, often black text
* [PA-483] - 125 DPI Encrypt tool
* [PA-505] - Encrypt filenames not working in PA format
* [PA-506] - ZPAQ creates all files in 00000001 folder inside archive
* [PA-507] - Include Icon on desktop has space between Power and Archiver in it
* [PA-509] - reflate with split*4 does not work
* [PA-512] - .35 - main window without filelist, explorer mode only one panel
* [PA-513] - .35 - 4k issues with add screen
* [PA-518] - PA Interface jumps around and flickers when closing backup
* [PA-523] - Strings not translated in PA compression profile in config
* [PA-529] - 125 DPI issues in 35
* [PA-530] - parctmp temp files left in folder when copying files in Total Commander
* [PA-531] - FTP Proxy password visible when typing it in and stays visible in config
* [PA-533] - Unchecking Enable queue in config shuts down PA Starter?
* [PA-534] - Password prompt appears when Always use QUEUE turned on
* [PA-536] - .36 - missing folder pictures in listview
* [PA-538] - PA freezes when switching from Explorer to Archive tab
* [PA-540] - Backup: encryption not available for PA format
* [PA-542] - PAES: no output when files from different locations on hard drive are selected
* [PA-543] - PAES: PAE Encryption freezes when encrypting files from different folders
* [PA-544] - .dat files left in Temp folder when PAES used
* [PA-545] - .38 issues with creating new archive
* [PA-546] - .38 after HKCU delete, no right panel listview in explorer view.
* [PA-555] - No compression when Use Queue selected in add screen
* [PA-556] - Compress to TAR plus Options shell option left over from previous versions
* [PA-560] - Portable: Make Explorer windows 50/50 in size
* [PA-562] - Portable: First Config screen appears every time portable is started
* [PA-563] - Cant start 64bit portable
* [PA-564] - PAES in portable?
* [PA-565] - Portable shell extensions not showing
* [PA-567] - Open button MRU not kept
* [PA-568] - Saved password do not show
* [PA-569] - after startup, left panel black font
* [PA-570] - white icons in status bar, default skin
* [PA-572] - selecting files in archive mode, after several times, PA crashes
* [PA-574] - .pa compression profile options not translated, translated in other formats
* [PA-575] - closing backup redraws main PA toolbar significantly
* [PA-580] - exe files in archive with PA in cyrilic alphabet show ??? as type
Thanks to all of our @Alpha-Testers for their testing so far. This is 2nd private beta build for our select users. We aim to have a public build next week. Compared to first .24 build, this version has many improvements. We also managed to move our Delphi IDE to latest release which will help with other upcoming releases (aptx, linux, etc).
.PA format has been optimized for up to 20 thread cpus. We fixed some issues such as compression of PDFs on 10+ thread cpus (settings issue) plus optimized thread and memory usage. New exe filter has been introduced (x64flt3) which has proven to be more reliable and performing well with exe/dll compression while being very fast (well over 100 MBs), which makes it usable for both Optimized Strong and Optimized Fast modes. We expect at least new rep filter (deduplication) by the time final arrives. We will increase its maximum possible usage to over 2 GB of RAM as well as improve its speed to over 50% of what it is today (so minimum of 75 MBs hopefully). This will enable much better compression for files over 2 GB (for instance, large software ISOs). After that we are already neck deep into R&D of several other possible codecs to add.
We changed our base installation to Inno Setup from Windows Installer. Windows Installer will still be available for business users. Main reasons were:Speed of installation - Inno Setup is much faster. Reliability of installation - Inno Setup does not quit installation as easily as MSI. Where MSI would rollback to old version at any sight of trouble (usually erroneous), Inno will soldier through and finish installation. In reality, PowerArchiver is designed to need basic minimum installation. Ability to reliably host both x86 and x64 installations in same package. This was crucial and main reason for the change. We had problems with our MSI based installer hosting both versions in same package. Due to .PA format, it was imperative for most of our users to use x64 versions of PA, because then we can use their systems to the maximum (memory being most important).
First private 17.00.24 release was MSI based. New setup should uninstall old MSI version and install new MSI version. Let us know if there are any issues during this stage.By the time public beta arrives, we will also introduced portable versions of PA 2017 (x86 and x64), new PowerArchiver for Microsoft Office (Outlook, Word, Excel) and new PACL. They are all well into final testing stages. All 3 will be free updates for older users that have personal license or newer users with valid Select plan.
Thanks for being our users and we hope you like new PA 2017, .PA format as well as upcoming Portable PA, PA for Office and new PACL.
p.s. this private beta is available to users with valid select plan via their account or through purchase of PA 2017 via special email offers. As such, we will not post public links until public beta is released.