@spwolf So maybe it would be a good idea to disable the possibility to drag the preview to the bottom. As it is now, the preview pane simply disappears and I have to delete the registry key to reset the display options to get it back.
Posts made by BigMike
RE: Problems with changing display options
RE: OpenPGP support
I have a test PGP key with a four digit passphrase, while the default password policy in PowerArchiver suggests a minimum length of 8 characters.
If I’m trying to encrypt files with this key with default settings, it behaves as if I entered a wrong passphrase: Simply nothing happens.
If I set the password policy to minimum length “1”, the hint, that my passphrase doesn’t fit the password policy (the label under the two password fields) is still there, but I can encrypt the files.
Actually I think the whole dialog needs a redesign. I’m not setting a password, but using an existing one, so the password policy should not matter at all and also retyping the password is not really needed.
Already reported problems seem not to be resolved
Additionally, I want to add:
- I can’t encrypt files if my passphrase doesn’t fit the password policy. But there’s no hint, that this isn’t possible and the password is also my private key’s password and can’t be changed in this window
- If I enter a wrong passphrase for the key, I get exactly the same behavior: nothing happens
- If I change the password policy to my needs in PowerArchiver, the hint in the (Signing?) window says still my input doesn’t fulfill the requirements, but an encryption is possible
Problems with changing display options
I’m using the new PowerArchiver 2017 release 17.00.90 on Windows 10 (x86) and have some problems, setting up the program window:
- Unselecting the option “Show Button Text” in the toolbar is not persistent, if I close PowerArchiver and open it again, the Text will be shown again
- Also, if I deselect “Show Button Text”, it’s still shown in the Backup view, if I tick or untick this option in the backup view, it has simply no effect in this view! I’ve already reported this here
- I’ve dragged the “Preview Window” from the right side and dropped it on the bottom, so that it should be displayed on bottom of folder tree and files view. But it isn’t shown at all anymore, while the toolbar button shows, it’s still active. This is session persistent.
- There seem to be no classic icons for “Encode” and “Repair ZIP”, but only Windows 10 style icons
RE: PACL 9.0 Beta 2
There are various other problems executing the programs:
paclreg.exe reports it’s version 8.0
pacomp.exe is x64 and can’t be executed on a x86 OS
pacrypt.exe reports it’s version 8.0
paencode.exe reports it’s version 8.0
pafix.exe reports it’s version 8.0
paspan.exe reports it’s version 8.0
paclreg.exe registers only the “old” files, so the …32.exe and …64.exe show the shareware notice.
I’ve downloaded this file:
RE: PACL 9.0 Beta 2
Your provided paconv.bat still throws errors and doesn’t work as you intend, since “deltree” is unknown on any modern Windows operating system. Also, there’s no “paext” command anymore. There are some other problems, too.
Please consider adding my changes from this post for PACL 8
RE: OpenPGP Support
I can confirm this, and there seems to be more work with the encryption of files :’(
- In the key selection dialog, I see other keys, than in my default key manager, so somehow, PowerArchiver uses its own keyring, but doesn’t sync it properly.
- I’m not able to display the trust values of the keys
- The back arrow in the key selection window has no function, the back arrow in the password window cancels the operation and closes the dialog (while a 0 byte file stays behind)
- The password dialog isn’t intuitive at all - it’s the dialog for creating a new password - you need to retype the password, you get a warning on weak passwords and a password policy is displayed. But actually, you need to enter the existing password of your private key
- It seems you can’'t create an encrypted file without signing it