Please Notice: For fastest support from PowerArchiver team, contact us via our Support page

File extensions on renaming

• When renaming files within a ZIP or other archive, would it be possible for the file extensions to be automatically preserved? That would make rename operations much easier as I have some programs that do that so I really miss it when I have a program that does not.

Cheers

DrT

• conexware

@drteeth:

When renaming files within a ZIP or other archive, would it be possible for the file extensions to be automatically preserved? That would make rename operations much easier as I have some programs that do that so I really miss it when I have a program that does not.

Cheers

DrT

maybe edit to select only filename part automatically?

• @spwolf:

maybe edit to select only filename part automatically?

If you mean like Win 7 does at the moment that would be excellent. Other apps I have, even if the whole filename is selected, do not change it. I do a LOT of file renaming and I hardly ever, well never actually, want the extension to change.

Thanks

DrT

• conexware

@drteeth:

If you mean like Win 7 does at the moment that would be excellent. Other apps I have, even if the whole filename is selected, do not change it. I do a LOT of file renaming and I hardly ever, well never actually, want the extension to change.

Thanks

DrT

We will checkout what we can do… hopefully we can do the same thing.

• conexware

logging it in as a feature request, thanks for bringing it up!

Looks like your connection to PowerArchiver Forums was lost, please wait while we try to reconnect.