Default new zip naming policy

• This is quite peculiar…

I have a catalogue of .ogm files (video) and a second set of .ssa files (external subtitles) in the same catalogue.

The problem is: when I right click two files (.ogm and corresponding .ssa) the default name for .zip is a directory name in which the files reside.

This gives me quite a problem while trying to compress each set (.ogm + .ssa) of 48 files in the same directory as by default they would be overriding each other!

Any suggestions?

• conexware

enable batch zip in shell extensions and try using batch zip, it will do exactly what you want 🙂

• @spwolf:

enable batch zip in shell extensions and try using batch zip, it will do exactly what you want 🙂

I’m afraid it’s not the case. I get 2 .zip files for each while I need only 1

e.g. file1.ogm, file1.ssa, file2.ogm, file2.ssa

What I need is file1.ogm+file1.ssa in the file1.zip archive (also spanning if the archive is going to be bigger that 200MB), file2.ogm+file2.ssa compressed to file2.zip, etc.

I couldn’t do this using current PA settings. Am I missing something?

• conexware

nope, its very specific, it seems like the best bet would be to use PACL and script it way you want through batch script

• @spwolf:

nope, its very specific, it seems like the best bet would be to use PACL and script it way you want through batch script

Heh, I knew nothing in life is that simple.

So as it is a wishlist:

I would like to see the option to change the default naming conventions of the .zip compressor so I could set it as ‘namefile’ + ‘text’ or any other variable. Tx for your help!

Suggested Topics

Users

Topics

Copyright © 1998-2018 ConeXware, Inc.
All rights reserved. Privacy Policy