Backup: pick or exclude multiple target directories or files

• I used to use syncback. It was nice to be able to open a file selection window and click checkboxes to include or exclude directories. Filters are still good. But I have a data directory with multiple subdirectories not all of which I want to backup on the same cycle. In this case I have open the add directories dialog box 20 times to select 20 directories below my data directory. This is because there are also 10 directories I do not want to back up. Using exclude lists for this is cumbersome. Let me know if I’m missing something.

Thanks, Alan

• conexware

we originally had checkbox list, but it was very slow in implementation, and we decided to leave it for one of the future versions…

• I realized as well you were building a script with your wizard so its probably a pain to programatically poll and parse a check list. Still think a check list will eventually be nice.

P.S. I am now a registered user of pro.

Thanks, Alan

• conexware

@port80:

I realized as well you were building a script with your wizard so its probably a pain to programatically poll and parse a check list. Still think a check list will eventually be nice.

P.S. I am now a registered user of pro.

Thanks, Alan

it wasnt that - it was simply too slow to list files when you have many files in the folder (current method was faster)… I think you will see checkboxes in PA 2010 or maybe even before…

• Would it be possible to at some point make the window to select a directory or file, multiselectable with shift and/or control key? You’d still need to parse it. Put it would go along way to selecting multiple dirs or files in one swoop, hopefully without a lot of extra processing. Just a thought.

Users

Topics

Copyright © 1998-2018 ConeXware, Inc.
All rights reserved. Privacy Policy