Please Notice: For fastest support from PowerArchiver team, contact us via our Support page

PACOMP.exe has stopped working

• hello,

I just bought the software Power Archiver 2010 and am having some problem on the command line compression with PACOMP.

Let me explain my problem, when I tested a compression zip, 7z, cab or other, no worries, everything works perfectly. By cons when I made a tar.gz compression, the software created the tar file, but when the compression with gzip, Seven gives me a message “PACOMP.exe has stopped working” with the details:

Nom d’événement de problème: APPCRASH
    Nom de l’application: PACOMP.exe
    Version de l’application: 0.0.0.0
    Horodatage de l’application: 2a425e19
    Nom du module par défaut: ntdll.dll
    Version du module par défaut: 6.1.7600.16559
    Horodateur du module par défaut: 4ba9b29c
    Code de l’exception: c0000005
    Décalage de l’exception: 0002dd3e
    Version du système: 6.1.7600.2.0.0.256.48
    Identificateur de paramètres régionaux: 1036
    Information supplémentaire n°1: e8ad
    Information supplémentaire n°2: e8adce1c2b9e7be834b4063ac3c53863
    Information supplémentaire n°3: e8ad
    Information supplémentaire n°4: e8adce1c2b9e7be834b4063ac3c53863

To create the archive I use the command: pacomp-a-r-p-w archive.tar.gz archive

Note that in its GUI, the tar.gz works very well.

Would I forget something?

Thank you

• conexware

• @spwolf:

Please try this version:
    http://www.powerarchiver.com/test/release10/pacl602.exe

thanks!

Thank you for the reply,

So I just installed the new version 6.02 and retest on the same archive. He begins to create the tar file and the compression with gzip, I have the same message: PACOMP.exe has stopped working.

• conexware

Merci! we will check it out for next release.

• Note:

tar.bz2 compression works fine. The problem come directly from the gzip compression. I even try to create the tar file separately and then compress it as gzip. The tar file created correctly, but crashes at the time of gzip compression.

I also test a direct compression with gzip a pdf file. Gzip compression is happening correctly. It blocks only when there is a tar file.

That is, if it can help you advanced the problem.

PS: Sorry for my English.
    Thank you.

• conexware

we have logged the issue and once devs take an look and fix, we will update you in this thread as well… thanks!

• Alpha Testers

Hi and welcome to the forum
    @abecrow:

Let me explain my problem, when I tested a compression zip, 7z, cab or other, no worries, everything works perfectly. By cons when I made a tar.gz compression, the software created the tar file, but when the compression with gzip, Seven gives me a message “PACOMP.exe has stopped working” with the details:

What version of Windows 7 do you use? The reason for my question is that when I try to compress to tar.gz using PACOMP everything is working correctly and the archive is created successfully.

I have tested this on Windows 7 Enterprise Ed. 64-bit. English Version.

I believe we need to do some more tests about this error to locate the cause of the problem and also see if someone else could recreate the error you got when using PACOMP.

Kind Regards
    Micke

• @Micke:

Hi and welcome to the forum

What version of Windows 7 do you use? The reason for my question is that when I try to compress to tar.gz using PACOMP everything is working correctly and the archive is created successfully.

I have tested this on Windows 7 Enterprise Ed. 64-bit. English Version.

I believe we need to do some more tests about this error to locate the cause of the problem and also see if someone else could recreate the error you got when using PACOMP.

Kind Regards
    Micke

Hello,

My system:

Windows 7 Enterprise 64bit French Edition

Computer:

I7 920
    8 GB DDR3 RAM
    GTX 295

If it helps, I also have winrar installed on the machine, and msys (which contains the tools tar and gzip (functional)). I’ve tested my computer by deleting the MSYS tools and such, I get the error message for PACOMP.

I doubt that will come into conflict with winrar.

Thanks.

• Alpha Testers

Hi!
    @abecrow:

My system:

Windows 7 Enterprise 64bit French Edition

The only difference between our versions of Win 7 is that I have the English Edition and you have the French Edition.

The question then is why is it working for me, but not for you. It would help if someone else could recreate this error.
    @abecrow:

If it helps, I also have winrar installed on the machine, and msys (which contains the tools tar and gzip (functional)). I’ve tested my computer by deleting the MSYS tools and such, I get the error message for PACOMP.

I doubt that will come into conflict with winrar.

Thanks.

I don’t think WinRAR would cause this kind of problem. However I’m sure eventually we will find the cause of this problem.

Kind Regards
    Micke

Looks like your connection to PowerArchiver Forums was lost, please wait while we try to reconnect.