I’m trying to backup the complete contents of a directory using:
pacomp64 -parcz T:\BACKUP.PA C:\STUFF
The contents of subdirectories of C:\STUFF isn’t getting backed up!
The sub directories are just stored as empty directories!
thanks for your help in getting my PowerArchiver CommandLine license (Re: License Code Not Working / Missing) and sorry for my late reply. I do check my spam folder regularly and couldn’t find a mail from support. Also, there was no mail in my backups or any mention of it in my email logs.
I have a question regarding my licenses in the hope you are able to help me:
While my account lists “PowerArchiver Select - lifetime free upgrades and support for PowerArchiver Toolbox English - Count 2”, this does not apply for PACL, which was included with my purchase. My account shows only PowerArchiver Select - 12 months of upgrades and support for PowerArchiver Command Line - Single User License.
Since PACL was included with PowerArchiver Toolbox, shouldn’t PACL also come with a lifetime license for 2 PCs?
Thanks for your help in advance.
PACL 9.00 Beta 2
What’s New since version PACL 7:Updated to PowerArchiver 2017 engine Fully unicode interface RAR v5 (v4) support PAE2 support
Latest format support and all the various engine updates done in PA 2017.
Full support for .PA format with many different options and switches.
Due to the support of new PA format and all the changes needed for that support, we decided to move up version number to PACL 9. This is purely cosmetical - companies who purchased PACL8, have PACL9 now added to their orders. Users who have free upgrades for PACL8, now have PACL9 added as free upgrade (Business users with active select (pro/tbx), all personal users (pro/tbx).
Since we are finalizing PA 2017, we can also now spend a lot more time on PACL9.
Please check your bugs, and check .PA support as well.
Thank you! @Alpha-Testers
My OS: Windows XP Home Edition, SP3
The version number and date of the program: PowerArchiver Command Line v9.00b [Feb 23 2019]
The program not extracts one self-extracting file.
How to reproduce the problem
Download the SFX file by link: install.exe
Copy the “install.exe” file into the same location as the program is located.
Go to the DOS prompt. Make your PACL location the default drive.
If it is on the E drive enter the command E: and press enter. Replace “E:” with the appropriate drive letter.
Enter command cd e:<path name> to go to the location where the program resides.
As a result, the “install” directory will not be created and no
files will be extracted.
The “install.exe” file may be damaged but if you use a program such as 7-Zip or PeaZip to extract the files, the extraction process is successful. I want the PACL to also unpack such a file.
This problem is very critical for me. I often come across this. I do not want to resort to using other compression program.
there’s a problem with PAComp and file names with a leading ".\ ".
That’s nowadays a problem, since PowerShell auto complete will complete a file test.zip in the current directory to .\test.zip.
The first command reports “All OK”, but test.7z is not created.
The second command reports an error, but the error message isn’t helpful at all. VSS doesn’t help anything if a program fails to write to a file. It’s for reading locked files… And the problematic file isn’t mentioned at all. By the way, there’s a typo, it should be “open”, not “opet”.
Only the third command (without ".\ ") works as expected.
The problem exists in the x86 and x64 version, it doesn’t matter if the archive already exists (updating) or not (creating a new archive).
PACL 8.00 Beta 1
Whats New:Updated to PowerArchiver 2016 engine Fully unicode interface RAR v5 (v4) support PAE2 support Latest format support such as improved ZIPX, ISO, etc, etc, etc.
Please test it against your existing scripts and let us know. There will be some features added in future release as well as more testing.
This is first release, please test. Thank you!
I’ve made changes to fix some problems with PAConv.bat:
1. Replaced the “” by () in the first two lines, so that it’ll work with command line arguments in quotation marks
2. Replaced deltree with rmdir, since deltree is unknown at least in Windows XP and later
3. Also replaced the del command, which left an empty $PATEMP$ directory with rmdir
4. Changed $PATEMP$ to “%TEMP%$PATEMP$.%time::=%”, so that no write privileges are needed in the current directory as the users Temp directory is used and that more operations will work simultaneous, as long as they are not started at the very same time.
5. Changed %n to “%~n” to allow parameters with spaces and quotation marks