Psub to extract in zip file directory?

• I’ve got a few hundred zip files that contain backup data. i’m trying to extract all of them to bulk import that data into a database.
    The files are all in seperate directories by location number and there are a bunch of files with daily backups. what i want to do is have the zip files extracted to subdirectories off the location number, so i used the psub switch. it looks like that extracts the files to subdirectories based on the filenames off the directory that paext is running from, not from where the zip files actually are…
    is there a way to fix this without having to copy paext into every single location’s directory?

what’s happening is that i’ve got paext sitting in \backups and it’s creating \backups\monday, \backups\tuesday, etc…
    i want it to create \backups\location1\monday, \backups\location1\tuesday, etc…

• conexware

you could do batch script for it… or use multiextract tool inside PA itself which does the job.

• apparently the multiextract did the job best. i didn’t even realize that was in the main program… thanks.

• conexware

@Kenundrum:

apparently the multiextract did the job best. i didn’t even realize that was in the main program… thanks.

np 🙂

Users

Topics