Guido

• conexware

@guido:

May be best man win!!!

But I think I’ll go for the 360. Cheaper 😃

Guido

I cant wait to get PS3

🙂

If you are into HD, it is way, way cheaper than anything on the market…

• I have insider info on ps3 as brother in law works for sony on ps3 french lang version.

He told me it is a brilliant product. They are having great great many problams with blue ray player. Though they have to sort them out before they can release any more of the ps3. They need blue ray as the games need the disc size the blue ray has to offer.

He stated to me that the ones sold alreday mnight need to be patched over the internet.

I would hold off buying one for about 6 months he reconned untill the bugs are ironed out.

that from someone who actually works on the damed playstation.

• conexware

all i got to say is - do you want console that costs $850 to produce or one that costs $300 to produce? 🙂

• Alpha Testers

It’s the Wii for me.

A games console for playing games on, that’s all I want. Don’t want or need an all singing, all dancing do everything that my PC can already do device.

No interest in DVD’s and films so that would be a waste as far as I’m concerned.

Luxor

• conexware

@Luxor:

It’s the Wii for me.

A games console for playing games on, that’s all I want. Don’t want or need an all singing, all dancing do everything that my PC can already do device.

No interest in DVD’s and films so that would be a waste as far as I’m concerned.

Luxor

i was actually checking both and Wii is something I would play with my wife, but I dont see myself being interested in any of the games at all, mostly being sports games fan which i can play with friends…

Now Winning Eleven in online play… cant wait! :-).

I will probably end up buying both.

• Alpha Testers

i was actually checking both and Wii is something I would play with my wife, but I dont see myself being interested in any of the games at all, mostly being sports games fan which i can play with friends…

My wife is buying me the Wii for my birthday, so I suppose if she want’s to play it I will have to let her. 😉

Now Winning Eleven in online play… cant wait! :-).

Now you are sounding like my brother.

I will probably end up buying both.

Sounds like a good plan to me. 😃

Luxor

• I like the Wii the most.

• Nintendo had to do something, they were loosing the battle against Sony and Microsoft!, I think the Wii Deserves a trial if nothing less! and soon the competitors will copy there idea and Nintendo will loose out again.

• Why wait when you can have the best?, 28 Nov 2006
    Reviewer: Mr. J. R. Ashmore “lcfcblueboy” (leicester, leicestershire United Kingdom) - See all my reviews

Oki used to love Playstation but have been converted to Xbox,i mean why wait for somthing to come out when you already have a machine that is just as good in the 360.
    Anyone that has not seen gears of war for the 360 should take a look as the gameplay and grapics are just as good if not better than the Playstion 3.My cousin lives in japan and i have visited him very recently and i have to say the playstation 3 is sooooooooooooo overhyped,im not saying that it isnt good but you have a console thats just as good over here for gameplay and graphics.
    yes its blueray and yes its high def for dvds but other than that all you have is a glorified 360.the other thing is going to be the price,i mean what the hell!!! nearly 500 pounds brand new and 70 pounds plus for a game,if you are willing to pay that take my advice and buy a pc for about the same money.
    at the end of the day its a GAMES console trying to be a pc and failing in all departments

• David,

Very true comment!!

Game consoles, phones, PDA, are all trying to become self dependant computers that allow you to use the net, play music, type notes etc…

What happend to the good old days where a game console was just that! Designed, Developed and Made to play quality games at an affordable price! nothing more nothing less…

The main thing i do like about the Xbox is Xbox Live! for when your bored of playing against the computer and fancy taking on real people from around the world!

Microsoft make a loss on there console because they know there going to make a profit in games and online!

Maybe Playstation should open there eyes and put the price down or they could be looking at a massive loss in sales.

• Alpha Testers

My Wii has just arrived. 😃

If I’m not around for a while it’s probably because I have done myself some sort of injury.

Luxor

• PlayStation 3:
    great graphics; perfect gameplay (if they don’t change the controller)
    XBox 360:
    great graphics; horrible gameplay (unless they change the controller)
    Nintendo Wii:
    good graphics; perfect gameplay
    I don’t care about the extra features they add to any game console, when I get a cell phone I’m interested in talking, not taking pictures.
    In the end Nintendo Wii is the most inovative console but I always loved Playstation’s standards, Xbox 360 just supports great graphics and has a horrible controller (I mean look at the size of that thing), the XBox 360 is out of the question for me.
    Now the decision (Nintendo Wii - PS3) depends on the gameplay cause the graphics are already good enough. I’ll just buy both when they’re cheaper. 🙂 (and plus, Metal Gear Solid 4 will be available only on the PS3! MGS is my favorite game! Can’t wait till it comes out!).

• @Luxor:

If I’m not around for a while it’s probably because I have done myself some sort of injury.

Luxor

Either that or you have wet your pants!

• conexware

@davidsplash:

Why wait when you can have the best?, 28 Nov 2006
    Reviewer: Mr. J. R. Ashmore “lcfcblueboy” (leicester, leicestershire United Kingdom) - See all my reviews

Oki used to love Playstation but have been converted to Xbox,i mean why wait for somthing to come out when you already have a machine that is just as good in the 360.
    Anyone that has not seen gears of war for the 360 should take a look as the gameplay and grapics are just as good if not better than the Playstion 3.My cousin lives in japan and i have visited him very recently and i have to say the playstation 3 is sooooooooooooo overhyped,im not saying that it isnt good but you have a console thats just as good over here for gameplay and graphics.
    yes its blueray and yes its high def for dvds but other than that all you have is a glorified 360.the other thing is going to be the price,i mean what the hell!!! nearly 500 pounds brand new and 70 pounds plus for a game,if you are willing to pay that take my advice and buy a pc for about the same money.
    at the end of the day its a GAMES console trying to be a pc and failing in all departments

xbox actually costs more if you add stuff already in the PS3, and you still dont get the same package :-).

I do agree that if someone has xbox, no reason for them to get PS3 right away, but for someone that is buying an new system PS3 is better choice.

you simply get more.

• conexware

@Sir:

David,

Very true comment!!

Game consoles, phones, PDA, are all trying to become self dependant computers that allow you to use the net, play music, type notes etc…

What happend to the good old days where a game console was just that! Designed, Developed and Made to play quality games at an affordable price! nothing more nothing less…

The main thing i do like about the Xbox is Xbox Live! for when your bored of playing against the computer and fancy taking on real people from around the world!

Microsoft make a loss on there console because they know there going to make a profit in games and online!

Maybe Playstation should open there eyes and put the price down or they could be looking at a massive loss in sales.

PS3 has online service, and it is free :-).
    It is not as good as xbox’s, yet, but it is… free.

And also, due to more power in PS3, PS3 online games have more players in them - like GOW is limited to only 8 players while Resistance has 40 players multiplayer games.

For me, Sony did the right thing in PS3 by getting rid of extra charges, unlike MS… You can plugin your old keyboard/mouse, your external hard drive, your usb stick, your SD card, you can change its hard drive to generic notebook drive, you can install linux and be supported by sony.

None of which you can do with Xbox where you have to pay everything extra, just because it is xbox.

• conexware

@Luxor:

Luxor

nice, let us know how it is

Users

Topics