PS3 vs xbox 360 vs Wii

• I am saying that i enjoy two types of games which nintento and PS3 have.

For good old fashioned arcady feeling the nintendo wins hands down.

But for high detail graphics and enjoyable movie like feel to games the PS3 wins.

yes gameplay is important 1st thing that should be set.

But like i said. Good graphics and decent sound can add to that game play and enhance the feeling the gamer has further.

If crysis 3 came out on PS3 and Nintendo Wii although the game is the same the gameplay would be far more enjoyable on the PS3!! Because the detail would be allot higher, the audio would be clearer because of the audio chipset supported and that would immerse the user far more than the nintendo if they had equipment that supported it.

If you have a small tv and no surround sound system then it wouldnt matter if you had the nintendo as you wouldnt notice a difference.

There are games that i love on the nintendo which just dont feel rite on the PS3. But certain games like COD that feel better and more enjoyable on the PS3 as the detail and sound is better.

Gameplay isnt just the “game” it’s how the user interacts and play’s it and certain tech and enviroments can boost the users interaction and make it far more enjoyable.

• Alpha Testers

@Sir:

But for high detail graphics and enjoyable movie like feel to games the PS3 wins.

Graphics don’t make a game. Never has and never will in my opinion. If they did then those of us who played on our Commodore’s & Spectrum’s 30 years ago would have given up on gaming there and then.

I still drag out my old Amiga for a game on that as they have gameplay which has stood the test of time. Not movie like graphics & sound which will be forgotten by the next release of yet another fps. :rolleyes:

• i broke my amiga playing so hard! there have been some great games in the past. its only in the last year nintendo and sony have started to make them available online to download.

Graphics dont make a game no… but they immerse you further into it and so does sound.

As long as the game has a good platform it will pay for itself, if they add more detail and sound it can make it more enjoyable.

so in one aspect sound and picture doesnt effect gameplay. but i deffinetly think it significantly adds to the feeling and can enhance the enjoyment further.

its a bit like watching a bluray at home it could be a great move!!! top notch acting and detail but its some how far better when watching it at the pictures with a hugh screen and 7.1 surround sound. 🙂

i recently went to watch star wars at the pictures… now i have the bluray at home and have watched it many times before and enjoyed it each time… but when we watched it in 3D in full surround sound it just felt rite! there were parts in the movie that felt so realistic it caused emotional reactions…

If graphics and sound wernt a major part of gameplay then game developers would have never moved forward from two green dots bobbing from one side to another to 3D hand free voice activated game stations… so its proof in the pudding.

• Alpha Testers

@Sir:

i recently went to watch star wars at the pictures.

:eek:
    I’m sorry I didn’t realise, you have my deepest sympathy.
    I would rather watch paint dry myself.

• ahhh your not a star war’s fan…

Well the point is still there, think of a movie you really enjoy, sit and watch it at home then goto the cinema or a friend who has a decent cinema system and watch it. Then tell us it was exactly the same experience and doesnt feel more enjoyable. 🙂

Because if thats the case we can save ourselves a fortune and go back to black and white TV as its the same experience after all.

• Alpha Testers

@Sir:

ahhh your not a star war’s fan…

Nope! can’t bloody stand them.

@Sir:

Well the point is still there, think of a movie you really enjoy, sit and watch it at home then goto the cinema or a friend who has a decent cinema system and watch it. Then tell us it was exactly the same experience and doesnt feel more enjoyable. 🙂

Slight problem there I’m not into movies at all. I get bored stiff after about 10 minutes, switch off and do something else instead. A night in watching a movie is my idea of hell.
    @Sir:

Because if thats the case we can save ourselves a fortune and go back to black and white TV as its the same experience after all.

Wouldn’t matter to me I’d rather play some music. 😃

• you are a difficult one arnt you! lol.

Ok, i love music too!

So play your favourite music on a single cheap speaker or even just your TV…

Then play the same music on a stereo surround sound or something similar to a bose surround sound 5.1 or 7.1 system.

Then tell us the experience was no more enjoyable.

• Alpha Testers

@Sir:

Then play the same music on a stereo surround sound or something similar to a bose surround sound 5.1 or 7.1 system.

Pfft! Vinyl through a valve system all the way. :p

• 😃 you know… i thought while driving home what kind of answers you would come up with.

And I was bang on about you mentioning Vinyl. 🙂

you have shed some light on what has been a dark day.

• Alpha Testers

@Sir:

😃 you know… i thought while driving home what kind of answers you would come up with.

And I was bang on about you mentioning Vinyl. 🙂

Wasn’t difficult to guess, everyone knows that nothing beats the rich sound of vinyl. 🆒
    @Sir:

you have shed some light on what has been a dark day.

I aim to please. 😃

Users

Topics