[BUG] UAC support broken in PowerArchiver 2018

• Hi,
    I’ve some problems with UAC in PowerArchiver 2018:

• I’ve already reported problems for PA2017 and you fixed some problems.
    • I’ve noticed again problems with UAC: The problematic archive is a 7zip. Opening it with PA2018 and directly clicking on extract, triggers an UAC prompt as expected. Selecting single files and trying to extract them to the same place (a subfolder of C:\Program Files) fails with an error (there are already older versions of the files in the same place to be overwritten).
    • I’ve done further tests with other formats, via shell extension (Extract to…):
      My test archives contain 1 file: test.txt
      If the file does not already exist:
      UAC prompt: 7z, pa, tar, lha
      Access error: zip, rar, cab, bh
      If the file already exists in the destination folder, no UAC prompt is triggered in any case. I confirm overwriting the files and it fails with an access error.
      I’ve used PA 18.00.46 x64 on Windows 10 1709.
    • The x86 Shell extension behaves differently:
      All but the rar archive triggers an UAC prompt if the file doesn’t exist in the destination folder; if I deny the UAC prompt, the shell extension crashes in most cases.

Are you going to fix this in PA2018 soon or should I revert to PA2016, again?

• conexware

thanks for the details on this one @BigMike
    confirmed it and logged it in

• Can you estimate when the UAC problems will be fixed?
    I like the new features of PA2018 very much, but I’m using the shell extension pretty often, so this is very disturbing.

• conexware

@bigmike said in [BUG] UAC support broken in PowerArchiver 2018:

Can you estimate when the UAC problems will be fixed?
    I like the new features of PA2018 very much, but I’m using the shell extension pretty often, so this is very disturbing.

I will raise this again at next build discussions… for upcoming week we have PACL, PAOP builds first and then we will look at PA again. Thanks!

• Thank you 🙂

• @spwolf Any news here?

• conexware

@BigMike said in [BUG] UAC support broken in PowerArchiver 2018:

@spwolf Any news here?

not yet… we have new building coming soon, let see if we can squeeze it in. For 2019 we will likely rewrite shell from scratch, we will see. Thanks for keeping track of it!

• Keeping track of it is easy - I’m regularly reminded of it, when I forget about the bug and try to use the shell extension for a protected folder. 😢
    But thank you for the information.

Users

Topics