Tray Notification icon keeps disabling itself.

• Alpha Testers

Every now and then, perhaps when PowerArchiver 2013 updates itself, but I’m not certain what triggers it, the PowerArchiver icon in the system tray area disables itself and I have to go into Customize Notification Area Icons in Control Panel and change the PASTARTER.EXE icon back to “show icon and notifications” and reposition it back to where I want it in the tray area. Other programs don’t seem to have this problem with their icons.

I’m using PowerArchiver 14.05.01 but several previous versions have had the same problem.

I’m running under Windows 7 Ultimate 64 bit.

• Alpha Testers

I’ve not encountered it with PA as such but have certainly seen it happen with other programs I’ve used but I’m no nearer to finding a cause…:(

• conexware

I am pretty sure it is Windows doing it, we certainly dont have any code made for that.

Maybe the update triggers Windows to send it back as default behaviour?

• Alpha Testers

@moles42:

I’ve not encountered it with PA as such but have certainly seen it happen with other programs I’ve used but I’m no nearer to finding a cause…:(

I’ve seen other icons randomly never appearing even though the software seems to be running but logging out and back in again fixes those. PowerArchiver’s icon seems unique in that it actually gets set to “Only show notifications” when I want “Show icon and notifications”.

• Alpha Testers

I have now seen this happen to another program when I updated it. So you are correct - it isn’t a PowerArchiver problem.

Users

Topics