64bit Support

• I saw that there was a limitation to Delphi that will limit 64bit support for the windows app, is there a plan to update PACL to support the 64 bit platform as well?

• conexware

PACL should work great under 64 bit platforms, as an 32bit program…

• But for users who do not have 32-bit support enabled on their systems, is this something that would be possible in the future, or is it considered a requirement to have the 32-bit environment enabled as well?

Some of our customers have disabled the 32 bit support, as it does improve performance to run in all one mode, instead of having to run the compatibility mode as well.

• conexware

@danmccon:

But for users who do not have 32-bit support enabled on their systems, is this something that would be possible in the future, or is it considered a requirement to have the 32-bit environment enabled as well?

Some of our customers have disabled the 32 bit support, as it does improve performance to run in all one mode, instead of having to run the compatibility mode as well.

you mean disable 32bit applications from running completly?

It would not work. And right now it would not be possible to have completly 64bit version of PowerArchiver which would be required in that case.

We can not even try to do so, as programming language we use does not have 64bit version and then even if that hurdle is crossed, most libraries that we use dont have native 64bit version.

Honestly, I did not even know that you could disable 32bit support in 64bit Windows, as virtualization is mostly done by CPU and not by Windows itself (at least from my limited understanding).

Suggested Topics

Users

Topics

Copyright © 1998-2018 ConeXware, Inc.
All rights reserved. Privacy Policy