Relative Directories

• I created a new ZIP archive and opened it. Now I added differnt files from different directories with the optin relative directories (I have the german version and don’t know the translation in english – it is the left option in the add dialog). In the main PA window are no path dispalyed (if I use the option complete directories, all informations are displayed).
    After unpacking the files where all in one directory. Is it a bug … ???

Thanks for helping

• conexware

hi,

you need to enable option: Config> Misc> Use normal path.
    and it should work as you suggested.

thanks,

• Hallo, I tried like you discribed… but it don’t works! I changed the option in the attachment disppalys. I also checked the help, but this option is missing in the help.

thanks for helping
    attachment_p_7415_0_bild2.jpg

• conexware

can you detail more info on what exactly are you doing?

thanks!

• 1. I start PA.
    2. I say New
    3. I create a new archive in the following directory : D:\Projekte\SB\EExport2\Deutsch\FSC\EExport2 called UP060528.zip
    4. I add a file from a subdirectory of the created zip archive ( D:\Projekte\SB\EExport2\Deutsch\FSC\EExport2\Daten ).
    5. After adding the file to the archive the the sub directory \Daten will not displayed.
    6. If I unpack the archive, is in the main unpacking directory.

Thanks for helping

• conexware

if you are adding file alone, then relative path will not be saved, because there is no relative path.

You are adding file:
    D:\Projekte\SB\EExport2\Deutsch\FSC\EExport2\Daten\test.txt

Its root folder is:
    D:\Projekte\SB\EExport2\Deutsch\FSC\EExport2\Daten

So there is no relative path to add.

If you were adding:
    D:\Projekte\SB\EExport2\Deutsch\FSC\EExport2\Daten\test.txt
    D:\Projekte\SB\EExport2\Deutsch\FSC\EExport2\file.exe

Then root would be:
    D:\Projekte\SB\EExport2\Deutsch\FSC\EExport2\

and path Daten would be stored for test.txt. Relative path is never created based on where you create the archive, since that could be anywhere…

Users

Topics

Copyright © 1998-2018 ConeXware, Inc.
All rights reserved. Privacy Policy