Please Notice: For fastest support from PowerArchiver team, contact us via our Support page

Relative Directories

• I created a new ZIP archive and opened it. Now I added differnt files from different directories with the optin relative directories (I have the german version and don’t know the translation in english – it is the left option in the add dialog). In the main PA window are no path dispalyed (if I use the option complete directories, all informations are displayed).
    After unpacking the files where all in one directory. Is it a bug … ???

Thanks for helping

• conexware

you need to enable option: Config> Misc> Use normal path.
    and it should work as you suggested.

• Hallo, I tried like you discribed… but it don’t works! I changed the option in the attachment disppalys. I also checked the help, but this option is missing in the help.

thanks for helping

• conexware

can you detail more info on what exactly are you doing?

• 1. I start PA.
    2. I say New
    3. I create a new archive in the following directory : D:\Projekte\SB\EExport2\Deutsch\FSC\EExport2 called
    4. I add a file from a subdirectory of the created zip archive ( D:\Projekte\SB\EExport2\Deutsch\FSC\EExport2\Daten ).
    5. After adding the file to the archive the the sub directory \Daten will not displayed.
    6. If I unpack the archive, is in the main unpacking directory.

Thanks for helping

• conexware

if you are adding file alone, then relative path will not be saved, because there is no relative path.

You are adding file:

Its root folder is:

So there is no relative path to add.

If you were adding:

Then root would be:

and path Daten would be stored for test.txt. Relative path is never created based on where you create the archive, since that could be anywhere…

Looks like your connection to PowerArchiver Forums was lost, please wait while we try to reconnect.