Please Notice: For fastest support from PowerArchiver team, contact us via our Support page

Shell extensions don't work in winxp 64

• I have recently installed winxp 64-bit on my computer and after installing power archiver I realized that the shell extensions didn’t appear. I checked in the settings and they were turned on and I also tried restarting. Anyways, I browsed here and read a post about Power Archiver coming out with a 64-bit version after Delphi came out in 64-bit (which, it sounded like, wouldn’t be for a long time) and thought that was it. But then I saw a post about winRar which had the exact same problem getting fixed with a registry hack. So, I was wondering, if there is any solution to the shell extensions problem?

Thanks in advance

• conexware

No, there isn’t easy solution, nor any registry hack fixes the problem. We have to rewrite shell extensions using new VC++ and hope we will do this in near future.

• main problem is windowsxp84 is a rewrite of xp with changes that aren’t compatiable with like programs

Looks like your connection to PowerArchiver Forums was lost, please wait while we try to reconnect.