Download this ZIP file: http://dslstats.me.uk/files/dslstats32W-6.5.zip
Everything in the ZIP file is in a directory “dslstats32W-6.5”.
However when I extract using right click “Extract Here” the name of the directory created is “2W-6.5” !
I am running PA 22.00.09 on Windows 11. I have seen the same happen with some other kinds of archive too.
If I compress a folder to a .pa using right click, Compress to folder.pa and use the new Windows 11 menu then the Options, Configuration, Miscellaneous, Use normal relative path setting is always enabled.
But I like this option disabled so I have to use the old style menu in order to get PA to compress a folder in the way I wish.
Just tried using the Modern (Windows 10) Icon set and seeing a few missing icons in both PowerArchiver Burner and PowerArchiver Encryption screens . They are all there in the Minimalistik icon set and the only difference I can see is the former is blue and the latter grey. In version 22.00.9
there were some security issues fixed in 7zip:
As it seems, that PowerArchiver and PACL use the 7zip libraries, could you please update them to the latest version?
I noticed that the version of ZPAQ used is older than the latest released 7.15 https://mattmahoney.net/dc/zpaq.html also there seems to be a newer fork that adds several features https://github.com/fcorbelli/zpaqfranz
It would be useful to implement this latest version (it also maintains the same syntax and behavior as the latest official release if used the -715 flag) and add when opening a zpaq file a choice of the version of the files to show (e.g. as dummy folders represented the various versions present). Since any previous changes are stored with this format, it is possible to extract a snapshot of a certain date/version.
If I open a password-protected zipper file (created with WinRAR but I think that’s irrelevant), open it with PowerArchiver and run “Remove Encryption” on the same file, then reopen it and add a password with “Encrypt Archive,” the resulting archive will be protected with the old ZipCrypto algorithm and not AES as indicated.
(this can be verified, for example, by trying to open the archive files with Windows Explorer, which does not support the AES algorithm)
PA 21.00.18 running on Windows 7 64 bit.
I made a big .PA file and thought I’d check it was made correctly with Menu / Actions / Test.
a) PA always issues a UAC prompt to do this!
b) PA always says there are many errors in PA files.
Unsolved PA Starter - CPU Overhead
I’m running W10 Pro on an HP i-7 machine with now 32gb of RAM. The system drive is an SSD.
In the course of sorting out some inconsistencies in a couple of my .pbs jobs, I’ve been paying close attention to the system CPU resource and power consumption of PA Starter, as shown by the various resource management tools. I’ve also been trying to identify why my system seems rather sluggish despite some extensive tuning for speed etc.
When I have enabled Starter as a start-up programme, to use the PA Queue facility, I see that Starter consistently uses between 10-13% of CPU, with High Power consumption indicated. It runs, consuming this resource, irrespective of what may be happening with PA and any pbs script jobs.
I can understand a need to use a good chunk of CPU when Starter is actually handling PA jobs, but it shouldn’t sit and consume this amount when it really isn’t doing anything but wait for a job to start and for which it is needed.
Perhaps I’ve missed a way of lessening Starter’s impact, but in the meantime I’ve adjusted my set-up to running PA without it.
@pa_fan try with PA22 next week just in case, but that is not expected behaviour. Probably some non default option is causing this, so if it keeps happening, we can try reproducing it with your reg key. thanks!
@spwolf I’ll do that, and let you know.