PA 21.00.18 running on Windows 7 64 bit.
I made a big .PA file and thought I’d check it was made correctly with Menu / Actions / Test.
a) PA always issues a UAC prompt to do this!
b) PA always says there are many errors in PA files.
WinRAR 5 has a rather useful option in some cases, which is to be able to create an archive by replacing identical files with a reference to the first occurrence (hardlink) within the archive.
In case you choose to convert the file with PowerArchiver to another format, however, the resulting archive does not have all the files. It does not consider those that were present as hardlinks.
If you do a normal extraction of the RAR archive instead, even with PowerArchivier, all the files are extracted correctly.
When adding to a file archive, and selecting for example PA format, strong optimization method, extreme compression. In the Advanced Options section you change to Automatic, EXE Filter and PDF filter . You return to the main section and save the Profile. When you then reload the profile you do not have the Automatic options of EXE Filter and PDF saved there.
I noticed that instead if you change other options they are saved correctly (except for the Filter box values).
Also among the various changes to the advanced options you click the “Calculate RAM usage” button the value seems to be added to the previous one. You can see it for example just by clicking the button twice in a row, the value changes. Edit: actually after many attempts now it seems to write a stable value (it does not change with each click). Maybe a synchronization problem in the calculation?
Used PowerArchivier 2023 but there is the same behavior with the 2022
Fast Ring: PowerArchiver 2021 20.00.57
New version: 21.00.57
Release Notes - PowerArchiver - Version 21.00.57
* [PA-2798] - Backup: Spanning dropdown not showing top border
* [PA-2801] - Encrypt Tool: Use Fips checkbox overlaps with other frames when resized
* [PA-2802] - Back arrow button in burner apps not displaying as button when hovering over it
* [PA-2805] - Text too close to Span dropdown in Backup
* [PA-2807] - Files not showing inside specific tar.gz
* [PA-2814] - Backup Icons not showing
* [PA-2815] - D&D a folder onto an archive in windows explorer does not work
* [PA-2816] - .apk files not recognized as zip, give compression options
* [PA-2817] - Renaming files inside PA archives does not work
* [PA-2818] - Multi extract tool not extracting tar.gz files
* [PA-2819] - Shell submenu in Config says 2019 instead of 2021
- Small fixed and improvements. @Alpha-Testers please check it out and let us know!