W10 Pro 22H2 - 64 -bit
PA 22.00.06 (PA 2023)
It has been the case with previous versions of PowerArchiver, but I had hoped that the latest might behave differently. Not so, I’m afraid.
I have, for various obscure reasons, created a few .pa archives, mainly in the hope that they will save me some more space. From time to time, I use the “Test” option to check that important archives are OK and uncorrupted.
With every .pa archive I’ve tested, the process runs through OK but then reports that there are errors. This is always the number of files in the archive e.g. if 11 files, then 11 errors reported.
In the .pa, I can:-preview the files (usually PDF) extract some or all files and look at or use them convert the .pa to a .zip or .zipx archive, which then works fine and tests without errors
Is it the case that the Test routine isn’t designed for .pa archives, or is there another reason? Although the .pa seems to function properly, despite the test reporting errors, I would like to be sure that every .pa is OK and not “broken”.
Some of the .pas are quite old and produced with earlier PA versions (they are truly “archives”). If I extract all the files in the old .pa, create a new, fresh .pa and add back the files to that, then test the new, no errors (at least in the .pa I’ve tried this on) are reported. This would suggest a mismatch between old .pas and newer versions of PA itself.
Dear @Alpha-Testers and all of our users,
time has come for testing of PowerArchiver and PACL for macOS.
Please let us know here if you have Mac and can test latest builds.
PowerArchiver 2020 - tabbing, opening, extracting, adding, testing, favorite folders, support for multiple languages, opening via Finder, explorer mode, installer.
PACL 10 - support for most formats and features in Windows version.
Upcoming: Tools such as archive converter, batch zip, multi-extract.
To start testing, please sign up here in this thread, and we will send you latest build.
Ashampoo_Snap_Wednesday, November 20, 2019_12h54m56s_008_.png Ashampoo_Snap_Wednesday, November 20, 2019_12h55m05s_009_.png Ashampoo_Snap_Wednesday, November 20, 2019_12h55m14s_010_.png Ashampoo_Snap_Wednesday, November 20, 2019_12h55m30s_011_.png Ashampoo_Snap_Wednesday, November 20, 2019_12h55m39s_012_.png Ashampoo_Snap_Wednesday, November 20, 2019_12h55m49s_013_.png Ashampoo_Snap_Wednesday, November 20, 2019_12h56m00s_014_.png Ashampoo_Snap_Wednesday, November 20, 2019_12h54m43s_007_.png
For some reason, the PowerArchiver functions in the Windows 11 context menu no longer work after the last Windows Update. Only the functions in the classic context menu function as they should.
I’ve tried uninstalling PowerArchiver and using RevoUninstaller to remove all bits and pieces that were left behind and did a clean install of PowerArchiver, it didn’t fix the issue. Other items in the Windows 11 context menu work.
I installed powarc-macos20001.dmg and I am attempting to create a password protected zip file. When I create the zip in the UI it doesn’t write the file to the destination folder. No error message is displayed. The PA app has full folder permission. I’m new to Mac, but have been running PA on Windows for a long time.
Will there be a new version of the Mac version soon?
Hi! I came across an issue when I tried to uninstall PowerArch 2013. I got an error “The specified account already exists” which broke the process. I got the same error when I tried to install the current version, without uninstalling the previous one.
So I can’t uninstall and I can’t install PowerArchiver. Any suggestions? OS Windows 8.1 x64.
This appears to be happening again with the Power Archiver 2022 shell extensions.
When I have Use Explorer Shell Extensions enabled in Power Archiver Configuration and right-click on c:\Users\username\Start Menu, (hidden Junction file), File Explorer crashes.
I have version 21.00.15 (03/2022) 64-bit installed in Windows 10 Version 21H2 (Build 19044.1826).
The online update feature within the program suggests there is a later version than the ‘.17’ available on the web site. But clicking either download or update just reinstalls version .17.
Either there isn’t an update OR
the “download” and 'update" links should be repaired.
Fast Ring: PowerArchiver 2021 20.00.55
Release Notes - PowerArchiver - Version 20.00.55
* [PA-2460] - PA doesnt trigger UAC when supposed to
* [PA-2733] - Explorer does not show files in startup folder
* [PA-2748] - archive converter: have to click cancel twice
* [PA-2750] - ftp: no dark mode when started from PA
* [PA-2752] - File explorer text size does not show correctly in 150DPI
* [PA-2760] - Patchbeam not picking up new 2021 previews
* [PA-2764] - Cannot access Skins section in config
* [PA-2772] - heading cut off in Backup tool when started from PA
* [PA-2773] - Print File Listin button not showing text in classic interface
* [PA-2774] - Left side of Explorer does not show files in preview
* [PA-2776] - Cannot compress files in explorer
* [PA-2779] - Change File>Options to File>Configuration in Modern interface
* [PA-2780] - Native Software for PDF files not showing in PA right click options
* [PA-2782] - White background when previewing TXT in tab in Ribbon dark
* [PA-2785] - “tu” dialog appears when clicking Zoom Out button in preview
* [PA-2790] - Folder view options cannot be set in Ribbon UI
* [PA-2792] - first letter of folder does not show whem exracted to root C:
* [PA-2793] - Tar files not created when compress from shell
* [PA-2794] - File with long pathname not extracted by PA, extracted by 7z and WinRAr
* [PA-2795] - Set Defaults not working in 54
* [PA-2796] - Synedit shows in new tab that previews PDF
* [PA-2231] - apply vcl style to easylistview checkbox
- Whats New - Lots of changes, fixes and some new features. This build is designated status of RC! Please check your reported issues and let us know if they are fixed. @Alpha-Testers
The link isn’t working properly for some reason.
It goes here https://www.powerarchiver.com/powerarchiver-2021-for-macos/ Tried in Vivaldi and Firefox.
Got it now using Firefox.
Vivaldi still not grabbing it though, but it probably will once I delete my cache.
Non fatal script error checking for update in PA 20.00.55.
Can’t open and view contents of this .tar.gz file.