Dear @Alpha-Testers and all of our users,
time has come for testing of PowerArchiver and PACL for macOS.
Please let us know here if you have Mac and can test latest builds.
PowerArchiver 2020 - tabbing, opening, extracting, adding, testing, favorite folders, support for multiple languages, opening via Finder, explorer mode, installer.
PACL 10 - support for most formats and features in Windows version.
Upcoming: Tools such as archive converter, batch zip, multi-extract.
To start testing, please sign up here in this thread, and we will send you latest build.
Ashampoo_Snap_Wednesday, November 20, 2019_12h54m56s_008_.png Ashampoo_Snap_Wednesday, November 20, 2019_12h55m05s_009_.png Ashampoo_Snap_Wednesday, November 20, 2019_12h55m14s_010_.png Ashampoo_Snap_Wednesday, November 20, 2019_12h55m30s_011_.png Ashampoo_Snap_Wednesday, November 20, 2019_12h55m39s_012_.png Ashampoo_Snap_Wednesday, November 20, 2019_12h55m49s_013_.png Ashampoo_Snap_Wednesday, November 20, 2019_12h56m00s_014_.png Ashampoo_Snap_Wednesday, November 20, 2019_12h54m43s_007_.png
I have a “USB2.0” DVD-RW drive with a blank 700MB CD-R inserted.
Windows 10 sees in just fine explorer and it’s usable, and works.
However it is not showing in any dropdown in PowerArchiver.
Thanks for any help…
PowerArchiver 20.10.02 (05/2021) 64-bit
Windows 10 Pro
20H2 build: 19042.1348
Windows Feature Experience Pack 120.2212.3920.0
Hi,The window size is suddenly “large” Resizing the window to normal size works for the current action, but isn’t remembered The next time I’m using the shell extension, the window is large again, so it seems the size change isn’t saved
I’ve got a strange behavior with the progress window in PowerArchiver 2021 shell extension:
The progress window of PowerArchiver itself has its normal size.
Is there a possibility to reset the shell extension window size?
I’m running W10 Pro on an HP i-7 machine with now 32gb of RAM. The system drive is an SSD.
In the course of sorting out some inconsistencies in a couple of my .pbs jobs, I’ve been paying close attention to the system CPU resource and power consumption of PA Starter, as shown by the various resource management tools. I’ve also been trying to identify why my system seems rather sluggish despite some extensive tuning for speed etc.
When I have enabled Starter as a start-up programme, to use the PA Queue facility, I see that Starter consistently uses between 10-13% of CPU, with High Power consumption indicated. It runs, consuming this resource, irrespective of what may be happening with PA and any pbs script jobs.
I can understand a need to use a good chunk of CPU when Starter is actually handling PA jobs, but it shouldn’t sit and consume this amount when it really isn’t doing anything but wait for a job to start and for which it is needed.
Perhaps I’ve missed a way of lessening Starter’s impact, but in the meantime I’ve adjusted my set-up to running PA without it.
I’ve found a bug when trying to test an encrypted, 28-volume 7-zip archive of a 18.3 GB folder containing 41,751 files. The test fails, showing errors in all files.Here’s the folder I compressed, and the 28 resulting files:
ArchivesHere’s the multi-volume compressed file opened in PA, showing the total file count and the full archive size:
Opened in PowerArchiverAnd here’s the test results screen after I click Actions -> Test…, showing an incorrect file count and archive size (this seems to be the file size of the first volume alone):
One important detail about the test screen above is that PA opens an UAC prompt asking for privileged execution before starting the test. Is this the expected behavior? It seems PA wouldn’t need higher execution privilege since everything it’s touching is owned by my own user.
In any case, granting or denying the UAC prompt results in the exact same screen.Now, if instead of testing the archive I tell PA to extract the contents, the operation works fine (and with no UAC prompts):
ExtractingWith the Properties panel for both folders, the original and the extracted one, showing the exact same file count and total size:
I hope this helps. 🙂
Currently on the 2021 20.00.55, updated, and licensed.
I have been facing this issue since 2019 version.Queues don’t actually do anything
That I run powerarchiver starter as admin, or without admin.
Then I queue some files, and most of the files take forever, to go from 1% to 2%
and let’s say if the 5th of total 10 files are stuck that should mean the other 4 should be completed, but no, the directories are just like that.
Using Queue feature makes the Powerarchiver to process and compress files, but the PA archives do no appear, neither the disk’s total used space changes.
However if I manually compress files without queuing, no matter if I run multiple compression or one by one, there’s always success.
sometimes compression is stuck at certain percentage for a 50 or 200 MB file, forever.
I want to speed up multiple compression, I find the batch compression feature useless, as I cannot configure any custom parameters or advanced option under PA archive format
So, Let me save parameters(Advanced Option) of Profiles
i) Either I should be able to customize PA Default profile, so I don’t have to select files and manually select profile, but not even single parameter can be saved
ii) Or I should be able to create a new profile and be able to set that as default.
It’s end of 2020 and I have been trying to reach Powerarchiver team to add this, but no one wants to listen or do anything.
Refer case PA-FCW-TLNFM-096
I still cannot save parameters under advanced options like DDL/EXE filter to delta, or PNG PDF Filter, or set zlib to 9 or dictionary size or experimental stuff.
Soo many Revisions and versions released but I still cannot have a profile saved with whatever I want, be it existing or new profile.
Don’t you guys at Powerarchiver labs get frustrated everytime you have to configure these parameters manually?
When I stop an ongoing compression process, that is stuck or let’s say it’s not stuck but I click on cancel and then on No, it still continues compression for no reason.If I start compression and pause, the progress bar shortly(progresses) reaches to completion, but no compression is done, and then archive is stuck forever
Just cancel it
For all my claims above I have sent ticket today with screenshots from my registered email.if you can:
Batch archive is good idea, but if I have multiple directories inside directories, then I want first child directory to have all of it’s subdirectory compressed to that same first child directory
I have a folder in D:\pics
that folder has following folder
Each of the above folder has sub folder:
I want those sub folders(black, white, colorful, fluffy) not to be compressed individually, but the cats, dogs and fishes folders to be compressed individually
The support doesn’t answer my email about a license question for weeks, because despite a lifetime license Powerarchiver refuses some functions
Dear PowerArchiver Team!
As I unfortunately found out, there is a big bug in Powerarchiver, which causes the compression rate to drop really significantly! I wonder if no one has noticed this yet? Are you guys still actively developing?
The following error occurs! (This is already as I find a blatant error!).
ERROR:File extensions and formats are not recognized automatically! If a file name e.g. Mütze.jpg is simply “renamed” in Mütze.txt, or
Mütze.png, Mütze.mp3, Mütze.pdf etc. each time a DIFFERENT compression algorithm is performed on the SAME FILE! Remember! The file extension was only renamed, so the file extension e.g. from .jpg to .txt is only by Rename changed! Just take a .jpg or .txt or .pdf file and change the file extension, you will see see this error! No headers are read automatically! Is this really wanted?Then the perfect compression algorithm can never be found and optimized by PowerArchiver? You should investigate this dramatic error once absolutely!
Greetings from your trusty Konglomat!
Please stay healthy and make PowerArchiver more powerful than ever! I am looking forward to future updates! You are still awesome! Please keep up the good work! I love PowerArchiver, really more than just about anything!And will probably buy and use it for eternity!
There would be many of us with Intel Processors.
and they have their own optimized zlib algorithm, which can result in more efficiency if used combined with their hardware processor.
Can we get the same Functionality Under Hardware Acceleration Feature?
Zlib is not the only feature that intel has included with their processor, there’s many, which if combined can result in efficient and better compression ratios.
I thought, I’ll give it a try and upgrade my PA 2018 Toolbox on my production machine to PA 2021 (20.10.03)Sending registration codes in your order recovery doesn’t seem to work at the moment (I also checked my junk folder), online activation works Using registry to disable modules (for example HKLM\SOFTWARE\PowerArchiverInt\General\DisableBurning) doesn’t work as expected with modern ui. The module is visible, but I’ll get the trial nag, if I try to open it. It’s almost fine in classic and ribbon mode.
“DisableClouds” and “DisableExplorer” seem not to be respected at all, while the classic UI seems to respect the setting to disable any other unused module:In settings I won’t be able to access the SmartAI settings and the settings for the internal editor if the FTP module is disabled
Powerarchiver 2021 20.00.73
Windows 10 Education 10.0.19042 Build 19042
When extracting gcc-arm-10.2-2020.11-mingw-w64-i686-arm-none-linux-gnueabihf.tar.xz , Powerarchiver wrongly thinks some .exe files have a length of zero:
Once extracted:D:\Temp\Powerarchiver\gcc-arm-10.2-2020.11-mingw-w64-i686-arm-none-linux-gnueabihf\bin>dir *.exe Volume in drive D is DATA Volume Serial Number is 0E12-BCA2 Directory of D:\Temp\Powerarchiver\gcc-arm-10.2-2020.11-mingw-w64-i686-arm-none-linux-gnueabihf\bin 2020-11-20 07:10 PM 1,391,599 arm-none-linux-gnueabihf-addr2line.exe 2020-11-20 07:10 PM 0 arm-none-linux-gnueabihf-ar.exe 2020-11-20 07:10 PM 0 arm-none-linux-gnueabihf-as.exe 2020-11-20 07:41 PM 3,030,119 arm-none-linux-gnueabihf-c++.exe 2020-11-20 07:10 PM 1,389,293 arm-none-linux-gnueabihf-c++filt.exe 2020-11-20 07:41 PM 3,027,513 arm-none-linux-gnueabihf-cpp.exe 2020-11-20 07:10 PM 4,040,503 arm-none-linux-gnueabihf-dwp.exe 2020-11-20 07:10 PM 391,769 arm-none-linux-gnueabihf-elfedit.exe 2020-11-20 07:41 PM 0 arm-none-linux-gnueabihf-g++.exe 2020-11-20 07:41 PM 3,026,926 arm-none-linux-gnueabihf-gcc-10.2.1.exe 2020-11-20 07:41 PM 609,607 arm-none-linux-gnueabihf-gcc-ar.exe 2020-11-20 07:41 PM 609,607 arm-none-linux-gnueabihf-gcc-nm.exe 2020-11-20 07:41 PM 609,607 arm-none-linux-gnueabihf-gcc-ranlib.exe 2020-11-20 07:41 PM 0 arm-none-linux-gnueabihf-gcc.exe 2020-11-20 07:41 PM 2,165,533 arm-none-linux-gnueabihf-gcov-dump.exe 2020-11-20 07:41 PM 2,343,605 arm-none-linux-gnueabihf-gcov-tool.exe 2020-11-20 07:41 PM 2,450,233 arm-none-linux-gnueabihf-gcov.exe 2020-11-20 07:54 PM 9,605,899 arm-none-linux-gnueabihf-gdb.exe 2020-11-20 07:41 PM 3,028,997 arm-none-linux-gnueabihf-gfortran.exe 2020-11-20 07:10 PM 1,412,943 arm-none-linux-gnueabihf-gprof.exe 2020-11-20 07:10 PM 0 arm-none-linux-gnueabihf-ld.bfd.exe 2020-11-20 07:10 PM 0 arm-none-linux-gnueabihf-ld.exe 2020-11-20 07:10 PM 0 arm-none-linux-gnueabihf-ld.gold.exe 2020-11-20 07:41 PM 25,546,567 arm-none-linux-gnueabihf-lto-dump.exe 2020-11-20 07:10 PM 0 arm-none-linux-gnueabihf-nm.exe 2020-11-20 07:10 PM 0 arm-none-linux-gnueabihf-objcopy.exe 2020-11-20 07:10 PM 0 arm-none-linux-gnueabihf-objdump.exe 2020-11-20 07:10 PM 0 arm-none-linux-gnueabihf-ranlib.exe 2020-11-20 07:10 PM 0 arm-none-linux-gnueabihf-readelf.exe 2020-11-20 07:10 PM 1,393,083 arm-none-linux-gnueabihf-size.exe 2020-11-20 07:10 PM 1,392,464 arm-none-linux-gnueabihf-strings.exe 2020-11-20 07:10 PM 0 arm-none-linux-gnueabihf-strip.exe 32 File(s) 67,465,867 bytes 0 Dir(s) 1,002,422,431,744 bytes free
When the same archive is being extracted from a git bash session (after having installed git 2.30.1 for Windows 64 bit version from git-scm.com), the .exe files are extracted as expected:xz -k -d gcc-arm-10.2-2020.11-mingw-w64-i686-arm-none-linux-gnueabihf.tar.xz tar xf gcc-arm-10.2-2020.11-mingw-w64-i686-arm-none-linux-gnueabihf.tar cd gcc-arm-10.2-2020.11-mingw-w64-i686-arm-none-linux-gnueabihf/bin ll *.exe -rwxr-xr-x 1 User 197121 1391599 Nov 20 19:10 arm-none-linux-gnueabihf-addr2line.exe* -rwxr-xr-x 2 User 197121 1421598 Nov 20 19:10 arm-none-linux-gnueabihf-ar.exe* -rwxr-xr-x 2 User 197121 2028927 Nov 20 19:10 arm-none-linux-gnueabihf-as.exe* -rwxr-xr-x 2 User 197121 3030119 Nov 20 19:41 arm-none-linux-gnueabihf-c++.exe* -rwxr-xr-x 1 User 197121 1389293 Nov 20 19:10 arm-none-linux-gnueabihf-c++filt.exe* -rwxr-xr-x 1 User 197121 3027513 Nov 20 19:41 arm-none-linux-gnueabihf-cpp.exe* -rwxr-xr-x 1 User 197121 4040503 Nov 20 19:10 arm-none-linux-gnueabihf-dwp.exe* -rwxr-xr-x 1 User 197121 391769 Nov 20 19:10 arm-none-linux-gnueabihf-elfedit.exe* -rwxr-xr-x 2 User 197121 3030119 Nov 20 19:41 arm-none-linux-gnueabihf-g++.exe* -rwxr-xr-x 2 User 197121 3026926 Nov 20 19:41 arm-none-linux-gnueabihf-gcc-10.2.1.exe* -rwxr-xr-x 1 User 197121 609607 Nov 20 19:41 arm-none-linux-gnueabihf-gcc-ar.exe* -rwxr-xr-x 1 User 197121 609607 Nov 20 19:41 arm-none-linux-gnueabihf-gcc-nm.exe* -rwxr-xr-x 1 User 197121 609607 Nov 20 19:41 arm-none-linux-gnueabihf-gcc-ranlib.exe* -rwxr-xr-x 2 User 197121 3026926 Nov 20 19:41 arm-none-linux-gnueabihf-gcc.exe* -rwxr-xr-x 1 User 197121 2165533 Nov 20 19:41 arm-none-linux-gnueabihf-gcov-dump.exe* -rwxr-xr-x 1 User 197121 2343605 Nov 20 19:41 arm-none-linux-gnueabihf-gcov-tool.exe* -rwxr-xr-x 1 User 197121 2450233 Nov 20 19:41 arm-none-linux-gnueabihf-gcov.exe* -rwxr-xr-x 1 User 197121 9605899 Nov 20 19:54 arm-none-linux-gnueabihf-gdb.exe* -rwxr-xr-x 1 User 197121 3028997 Nov 20 19:41 arm-none-linux-gnueabihf-gfortran.exe* -rwxr-xr-x 1 User 197121 1412943 Nov 20 19:10 arm-none-linux-gnueabihf-gprof.exe* -rwxr-xr-x 4 User 197121 2572182 Nov 20 19:10 arm-none-linux-gnueabihf-ld.bfd.exe* -rwxr-xr-x 4 User 197121 2572182 Nov 20 19:10 arm-none-linux-gnueabihf-ld.exe* -rwxr-xr-x 2 User 197121 4550029 Nov 20 19:10 arm-none-linux-gnueabihf-ld.gold.exe* -rwxr-xr-x 1 User 197121 25546567 Nov 20 19:41 arm-none-linux-gnueabihf-lto-dump.exe* -rwxr-xr-x 2 User 197121 1404945 Nov 20 19:10 arm-none-linux-gnueabihf-nm.exe* -rwxr-xr-x 2 User 197121 1531656 Nov 20 19:10 arm-none-linux-gnueabihf-objcopy.exe* -rwxr-xr-x 2 User 197121 1991350 Nov 20 19:10 arm-none-linux-gnueabihf-objdump.exe* -rwxr-xr-x 2 User 197121 1421598 Nov 20 19:10 arm-none-linux-gnueabihf-ranlib.exe* -rwxr-xr-x 2 User 197121 1163376 Nov 20 19:10 arm-none-linux-gnueabihf-readelf.exe* -rwxr-xr-x 1 User 197121 1393083 Nov 20 19:10 arm-none-linux-gnueabihf-size.exe* -rwxr-xr-x 1 User 197121 1392464 Nov 20 19:10 arm-none-linux-gnueabihf-strings.exe* -rwxr-xr-x 2 User 197121 1531656 Nov 20 19:10 arm-none-linux-gnueabihf-strip.exe*
The same archive file does extract properly under a native Linux Ubuntu 20.04 system, or under Windows 10 using the WSL2 Linux subsystem using xz and tar.
Hi! I came across an issue when I tried to uninstall PowerArch 2013. I got an error “The specified account already exists” which broke the process. I got the same error when I tried to install the current version, without uninstalling the previous one.
So I can’t uninstall and I can’t install PowerArchiver. Any suggestions? OS Windows 8.1 x64.
I’m using Convert Archives on a local folder of .zip files, converting them to .lzh files, and I’m finding that perhaps 1 in 75 files is actually converting and outputting a file. Even then, the .lzh file is incomplete, missing most of the source files.
The progress bars completes OK, say 75/75 files, but only one .lzh file exists in the output folder.
It seems to be the same with different source and output folders on both local and USB disk - I can’t see a pattern.
The files extract and compress (to .lzh) without issue on their own.
Is there a log file I can check please, to see why PA does not like these files as part of the batch conversion?
Thanks very much, Rich.
PowerArchiver 2021 20.00.32/44/45
Release Notes - PowerArchiver - Version 20.00.46
* [PA-2727] - Adding files to Tar.GZ issues
Release Notes - PowerArchiver - Version 20.00.45
* [PA-2693] - in standard/modern interface, when PA is just started, pa icon in toolbar is not shown
* [PA-2715] - Add screen issues when Enforced FIPS is on
* [PA-2719] - Nag Screen changes when changing Toolbar file icon view
* [PA-2723] - Add activity and FIPS icons to Modern W10 interface
* [PA-2724] - other formats not working when fips mode is “on”
* [PA-2726] - Cannot open files in modern interface via double click on archive in Windows Explorer
* [PA-2728] - Enter password dialog appears four times when creating w/Enforced FIPS through shell
* [PA-2730] - FIPS icon does not show properly in Modern W10 interface
Release Notes - PowerArchiver - Version 20.00.44
* [PA-2661] - re-arrange batch zip window
* [PA-2675] - nag screen updates
* [PA-2708] - FIPS 140-2 mode redesign
* [PA-2710] - preview window improvements
* [PA-2626] - new version of explorer display components
* [PA-2643] - implemented zipx: zstd
* [PA-2658] - hide preview window when in non archive tab
* [PA-2662] - backup: refresh should load files from main backup folder
* [PA-2670] - password manager in shell should ask for saving at start of compression
* [PA-2688] - tbx nag screen improvements
* [PA-2704] - Password Profiles tab disappears in config when unchecking Use Password Manager
* [PA-2718] - Add Help icon next to Security>FIPS dropdown in Config
* [PA-2721] - Link FIPS icon in status bar to Help section
* [PA-2618] - taskbar and installer still say 2020
* [PA-2653] - smartai skin detection: black colors in filelist/preview in windows ribbon
* [PA-2654] - highlight selected column is always on
* [PA-2657] - nag screen does not have version information
* [PA-2659] - weird behaviour when closing tabs
* [PA-2665] - when in preview is in hidden mode, do not dissapear images after 3s
* [PA-2540] - Headers do not look correct in Windows 10 interface
* [PA-2598] - cant use ESC to close Burn files window
* [PA-2610] - Fields and text not translated in Config>SmartAI
* [PA-2648] - Backup: Browse buttons missing icons
* [PA-2667] - reset to defaults and skin in config shows empty
* [PA-2668] - default in shell: deflate maximum with deflate64
* [PA-2679] - interface problem when using registered version of PA (chinese)
* [PA-2683] - create new zip, change config, shows status bar msg
* [PA-2685] - translation issues
* [PA-2686] - pdf and zip files do not automatically open hidden preview window
* [PA-2687] - fips mode in add window
* [PA-2689] - backup tab issues
* [PA-2690] - refresh backup list each time we enter backup tab?
* [PA-2691] - backup tool in classic view has large white border
* [PA-2692] - fips mode redo
* [PA-2694] - new archive does not auto show add window, specific config
* [PA-2695] - Cannot select skins in Classic - Classic Simple always selected
* [PA-2696] - Backup interface in white/light skin when PA in dark skin
* [PA-2698] - bugs in german translation
* [PA-2699] - windows fips mode - cant be turned on via PA, uac does not show
* [PA-2700] - in shell compress with option, wrong icon used
* [PA-2702] - Batch Tool window buttons and dropdowns do not appear correctly
* [PA-2703] - Encryption Suite icon almost invisible
* [PA-2705] - black nag black text
* [PA-2709] - timer for auto hide works for 10s no matter how many files we selected
* [PA-2714] - Add window file selection not working
* [PA-2716] - Zip always selected when Adding files to PA archive w/ Enforced FIPS on
* [PA-2720] - Not showing the FIPS icon in the status bar and Nag screen
Release Notes - PowerArchiver - Version 20.00.32
** New features:
- Added new Optimized Fast mode to ZIPX, that intelligently applies appropriate codec for your selected compression strenght.
- Added support for ZSTD compression/extract in ZIPX. ZSTD has been featured in .PA format for a long time, it has faster compression, better compression ratio than Deflate but also a lot faster decompression. It is also supported by WinZip 24 so you have compatibility as well.
* [PA-2566] - preview in non stick mode should not disappear on its own
* [PA-2622] - add back hiding of sidebars and maybe closing them too?
* [PA-2625] - nag screen with lifetime tbx offer
* [PA-2627] - hide/close pins
* [PA-1397] - win+d and PowerArchiver window: does not work properly
* [PA-2490] - 2020: alt+d minimize problem again
* [PA-2542] - Incorrect Backup icon in ModernW10 Dark skin interface
* [PA-2551] - New Encrypt/Opt/Remove options unavailable for RAR files
* [PA-2569] - Uploading 10k files to cloud is very slow compared to uploading a single file
* [PA-2583] - Canceling PA file compression freezes progress dialog
* [PA-2592] - using encrypt in shell, shows error
* [PA-2599] - PA freezes when extracting a corrupted archive, no error
* [PA-2606] - turn off auto hide for preview window
* [PA-2614] - skinning issues in .25
* [PA-2629] - when no button text in editor bar, tooltips do not show
* [PA-2630] - when we turn off tips in editors bar, then restart and turn them on, synedit tabs shows
* [PA-2631] - in cloud mode, right explorer panel does not save “explorer display style”
* [PA-2632] - starting openpgp keys shows error
* [PA-2634] - when we view file in tab and click on “up”, file does not dissapear from view
* [PA-2635] - can we add Explorer to the name of the tab when we are browsing hdd?
* [PA-2637] - add .reg file support for editor
* [PA-2640] - Config>Skins>Select Buttons dialog does not show buttons in W10
* [PA-2641] - Folder treeview disappears after closing tab in file list
* [PA-2642] - PA at bottom left after alt+d
* [PA-2644] - PA 2019 caption shows in compress with options
* [PA-2645] - wrong shell default set for compress to zip
5/27 - rather large update for PowerArchiver 2021 with many new changes including new completely reworked FIPS 140-2 options for our Govt/Business customers, new Batch Zip window and many other improvements. In testing right now towards official release!
Thank you for reporting issues and your wishlists, keep it coming! @Alpha-Testers
bump for build .45 @Alpha-Testers
bump for quick fix .46 build @Alpha-Testers
- dark windows ribbon implemented with auto/light/dark modes. Lot of backend changes, so not public yet.