PA2023 Win10, (same problem with older releases but never reported)
PA Soft is installed on partition D. (exclusive for installed progs)
Then I created on my partition G: the folders as configured in PA Settings ‘Folders’.
0fcf1b09-1b91-4b74-b250-f8cf908a3348-Ashampoo_Snap_maandag 20 maart 2023_11h54m34s.png
Screenshot 2023-03-20 121152.png
The problem : Any activity on PA is saved in these folders…
PA ignores them and still use the default settings. Whats wrong ? Regards, Pirrbe
I am still using Powerarchiver 2022 and it does not show pdf markups in the preview. Is there a setting to get version 2022 to show pdf markups in the preview? If not, does this work in version 2023?
The question that I have about PA archives is what happens if say ConeXware, as a company, dies in the future? What happens to any PA files that are created today? Can these files be decompressed with a copy of a PowerArchiver that can no longer phone home to the mothership thus can’t be registered or activated?
I mean, I can understand that new PA files wouldn’t be able to be created if the program isn’t registered but what about an un-registered copy because well, the question that I posed above?
It’s questions like this that make me not want to store anything really valuable in PA files out of fear that I, at some point in the future, might lose access to said data inside those files. OK, 7ZIP might not be able to compress as heavily as PA but at least it’s open source and any 7ZIP files will still be able to be read and decompressed ten, twenty, or fifty years from now.
For some reason, the PowerArchiver functions in the Windows 11 context menu no longer work after the last Windows Update. Only the functions in the classic context menu function as they should.
I’ve tried uninstalling PowerArchiver and using RevoUninstaller to remove all bits and pieces that were left behind and did a clean install of PowerArchiver, it didn’t fix the issue. Other items in the Windows 11 context menu work.
Is this a known problem? Is there a fix coming? This is a primary reason I buy PA.
I’ve tried both methods I know to extract multiple zips at the same time. 1) Multi Extract feature in the GUI. 2) In Windows File Explorer, select multiple zips, right click, use PA context menu to Extract or Extract To…
Is there a setting I missed? Or maybe it really is processing in parallel, but I can’t detect it? Nothing tells me in the Processes in Task Manager that multiple PA extracts are running. And my CPU, memory and disk resources do not look like a lot of extracts are running.
I’m using PA 2022 Standard version 21.00.18 on Windows 11 Pro version 10.0.22621 Build 22621.
In the latest version of PA, on W11 (latest build/SP) when you try to use the first level context menu - NOTHING HAPPENS (particularly when you do this from Downloads or Documents folders) - however I noticed that it DOES WORK when you use the context menu from the Desktop. Going to the second level context menu does work however.
PA 2023 22.00.08
Long time no seeing. So I start up the new year with a first problem : the virtual driver cannot be installed. Reason : it is missing in the Fast Ring PatchBeam Update Service…
Virtual driver PA 2023-01-28 152607.png
It seems a standard problem with new releases :-)
Can I have a link or can it be fixed. Thank you. CU later
Hi there, been a user since 13 years now and in past whenever I had a problem or question I could email, however since 3 weeks it seems like everybody is dead?
Anyway, as kind of a last resort, I post this email a 4th time but in this forum instead now, in the hope for help:
"This is the 3rd time I am emailing you guys as I am missing a working code for the preview of Power Archiver 2023
Can you please help me? I am a 13 years lasting customer of yours, and I am shocked thatr for whatever reason my support tickets are ignored now, why?
thanks in advance!
All the best!
Re: Explorer.exe Crash on right click
This appears to be happening again with the Power Archiver 2022 shell extensions.
When I have Use Explorer Shell Extensions enabled in Power Archiver Configuration and right-click on c:\Users\username\Start Menu, (hidden Junction file), File Explorer crashes.
I have version 21.00.15 (03/2022) 64-bit installed in Windows 10 Version 21H2 (Build 19044.1826).
When the function for testing archives is invoked via the shell context menu (PowerArchiver > Test) then all the files in the archive get extracted to the current folder.
The test dialog reports as many errors as there are files in the archive but it fails to give any hint as to which files are supposed to be erroneous or what the nature of the problem might be. Comparing the extracted files to the originals shows no differences at all.
The .7z in question was produced with maximised compression settings in 7zip (taking forever but resulting in smaller archives than .7z produced by PowerArchiver with maximised settings). Therefore I wanted to see whether PowerArchiver can at least test .7z that it produced itself. Hence I had PowerArchiver convert a .pa with the same contents to .7z. There weren’t any errors reported but the resulting .7z contained fewer than half of the files contained in the .pa (137 of 366), so I scratched that test.
Performance is abysmal when testing via the context menu (e.g. almost 2 minutes for testing a .7z that 7zip tests in 4 seconds), but that is most likely due to the fact that the extracted files are written to disk. Testing the same .7z in the PowerArchiver GUI takes only 8 seconds but causes the mysterious appearance of a UAC dialog, as reported elsewhere.
The testing function is vital because PowerArchiver has a history of producing archives that it cannot unpack without errors or that do not conform to the respective file format standards (e.g. ZIP) so that other programs report them as erroneous.
The point of creating archives is that the files in them will most likely have to be extracted at some point. If the extraction cannot be guaranteed to produce correct results then the whole program is absolutely pointless. Actually, worse than pointless - it causes data loss and hence damage.
PowerArchiver 2021 20.00.32/44/45
Release Notes - PowerArchiver - Version 20.00.46
* [PA-2727] - Adding files to Tar.GZ issues
Release Notes - PowerArchiver - Version 20.00.45
* [PA-2693] - in standard/modern interface, when PA is just started, pa icon in toolbar is not shown
* [PA-2715] - Add screen issues when Enforced FIPS is on
* [PA-2719] - Nag Screen changes when changing Toolbar file icon view
* [PA-2723] - Add activity and FIPS icons to Modern W10 interface
* [PA-2724] - other formats not working when fips mode is “on”
* [PA-2726] - Cannot open files in modern interface via double click on archive in Windows Explorer
* [PA-2728] - Enter password dialog appears four times when creating w/Enforced FIPS through shell
* [PA-2730] - FIPS icon does not show properly in Modern W10 interface
Release Notes - PowerArchiver - Version 20.00.44
* [PA-2661] - re-arrange batch zip window
* [PA-2675] - nag screen updates
* [PA-2708] - FIPS 140-2 mode redesign
* [PA-2710] - preview window improvements
* [PA-2626] - new version of explorer display components
* [PA-2643] - implemented zipx: zstd
* [PA-2658] - hide preview window when in non archive tab
* [PA-2662] - backup: refresh should load files from main backup folder
* [PA-2670] - password manager in shell should ask for saving at start of compression
* [PA-2688] - tbx nag screen improvements
* [PA-2704] - Password Profiles tab disappears in config when unchecking Use Password Manager
* [PA-2718] - Add Help icon next to Security>FIPS dropdown in Config
* [PA-2721] - Link FIPS icon in status bar to Help section
* [PA-2618] - taskbar and installer still say 2020
* [PA-2653] - smartai skin detection: black colors in filelist/preview in windows ribbon
* [PA-2654] - highlight selected column is always on
* [PA-2657] - nag screen does not have version information
* [PA-2659] - weird behaviour when closing tabs
* [PA-2665] - when in preview is in hidden mode, do not dissapear images after 3s
* [PA-2540] - Headers do not look correct in Windows 10 interface
* [PA-2598] - cant use ESC to close Burn files window
* [PA-2610] - Fields and text not translated in Config>SmartAI
* [PA-2648] - Backup: Browse buttons missing icons
* [PA-2667] - reset to defaults and skin in config shows empty
* [PA-2668] - default in shell: deflate maximum with deflate64
* [PA-2679] - interface problem when using registered version of PA (chinese)
* [PA-2683] - create new zip, change config, shows status bar msg
* [PA-2685] - translation issues
* [PA-2686] - pdf and zip files do not automatically open hidden preview window
* [PA-2687] - fips mode in add window
* [PA-2689] - backup tab issues
* [PA-2690] - refresh backup list each time we enter backup tab?
* [PA-2691] - backup tool in classic view has large white border
* [PA-2692] - fips mode redo
* [PA-2694] - new archive does not auto show add window, specific config
* [PA-2695] - Cannot select skins in Classic - Classic Simple always selected
* [PA-2696] - Backup interface in white/light skin when PA in dark skin
* [PA-2698] - bugs in german translation
* [PA-2699] - windows fips mode - cant be turned on via PA, uac does not show
* [PA-2700] - in shell compress with option, wrong icon used
* [PA-2702] - Batch Tool window buttons and dropdowns do not appear correctly
* [PA-2703] - Encryption Suite icon almost invisible
* [PA-2705] - black nag black text
* [PA-2709] - timer for auto hide works for 10s no matter how many files we selected
* [PA-2714] - Add window file selection not working
* [PA-2716] - Zip always selected when Adding files to PA archive w/ Enforced FIPS on
* [PA-2720] - Not showing the FIPS icon in the status bar and Nag screen
Release Notes - PowerArchiver - Version 20.00.32
** New features:
- Added new Optimized Fast mode to ZIPX, that intelligently applies appropriate codec for your selected compression strenght.
- Added support for ZSTD compression/extract in ZIPX. ZSTD has been featured in .PA format for a long time, it has faster compression, better compression ratio than Deflate but also a lot faster decompression. It is also supported by WinZip 24 so you have compatibility as well.
* [PA-2566] - preview in non stick mode should not disappear on its own
* [PA-2622] - add back hiding of sidebars and maybe closing them too?
* [PA-2625] - nag screen with lifetime tbx offer
* [PA-2627] - hide/close pins
* [PA-1397] - win+d and PowerArchiver window: does not work properly
* [PA-2490] - 2020: alt+d minimize problem again
* [PA-2542] - Incorrect Backup icon in ModernW10 Dark skin interface
* [PA-2551] - New Encrypt/Opt/Remove options unavailable for RAR files
* [PA-2569] - Uploading 10k files to cloud is very slow compared to uploading a single file
* [PA-2583] - Canceling PA file compression freezes progress dialog
* [PA-2592] - using encrypt in shell, shows error
* [PA-2599] - PA freezes when extracting a corrupted archive, no error
* [PA-2606] - turn off auto hide for preview window
* [PA-2614] - skinning issues in .25
* [PA-2629] - when no button text in editor bar, tooltips do not show
* [PA-2630] - when we turn off tips in editors bar, then restart and turn them on, synedit tabs shows
* [PA-2631] - in cloud mode, right explorer panel does not save “explorer display style”
* [PA-2632] - starting openpgp keys shows error
* [PA-2634] - when we view file in tab and click on “up”, file does not dissapear from view
* [PA-2635] - can we add Explorer to the name of the tab when we are browsing hdd?
* [PA-2637] - add .reg file support for editor
* [PA-2640] - Config>Skins>Select Buttons dialog does not show buttons in W10
* [PA-2641] - Folder treeview disappears after closing tab in file list
* [PA-2642] - PA at bottom left after alt+d
* [PA-2644] - PA 2019 caption shows in compress with options
* [PA-2645] - wrong shell default set for compress to zip
5/27 - rather large update for PowerArchiver 2021 with many new changes including new completely reworked FIPS 140-2 options for our Govt/Business customers, new Batch Zip window and many other improvements. In testing right now towards official release!
Thank you for reporting issues and your wishlists, keep it coming! @Alpha-Testers
bump for build .45 @Alpha-Testers
bump for quick fix .46 build @Alpha-Testers
- dark windows ribbon implemented with auto/light/dark modes. Lot of backend changes, so not public yet.