I hope that despite my poor control of English, you can understand me.
When compressing a file, by default the extension is included as part of the file name. for example, if the file is name.pdf, the compressed file will be name_pdf.zip.
Is there any way for the extensions not to be included in the compressed file name? As much as I have searched I don’t see such an option.
Thanks for your time
Hello, I used the support form to ask this a couple weeks ago but never received a response. Perhaps here would be better? Here’s the issue:
Powerarchiver 2019 was locking up testing a .7z file so I looked for and found a new version (note- new version didn’t fix this- I ended up using 7-Zip itself. Archive was large and contained a ton of files)
Upon installing it, I was prompted to register it or “continue unregistered” so I logged into the website and used the order recovery option to get my new codes for PA2021. However, after cutting and pasting my name and registration code, upon restart when I click on the help button it still shows as unregistered (it did not show the nag dialog again). I tried two different codes (see below). I also tried installing again using the link in the email but there was no difference. Where do I go from here? Thanks.
Update: After a couple weeks it still hasn’t negged me, but continues to show as unregistered in the (?) area- will this stop working altogether soon?
OS: Windows 10 Pro version 2004
File installed: first used PA 2019 to check for and install update, then used link in email which downloaded powarc200073.exe and installed that.
Codes used: first tried the toolbox/english code in first email, then tried the standard/international code in second email
I’m using Convert Archives on a local folder of .zip files, converting them to .lzh files, and I’m finding that perhaps 1 in 75 files is actually converting and outputting a file. Even then, the .lzh file is incomplete, missing most of the source files.
The progress bars completes OK, say 75/75 files, but only one .lzh file exists in the output folder.
It seems to be the same with different source and output folders on both local and USB disk - I can’t see a pattern.
The files extract and compress (to .lzh) without issue on their own.
Is there a log file I can check please, to see why PA does not like these files as part of the batch conversion?
Thanks very much, Rich.
I’m experiencing very slow extraction speed of multipart RAR files. For the first part the extraction is super fast but when PA reaches the part2.rar the extraction from there on gets super slow. PA needed for a 6,3 GB multipart archive 30 minutes to extract. I tested then with another program and it just took 70 seconds. I had this slow extraction speed with PA for quite a long time and I always thought that is maybe because of a high compression rate that the extraction would take longer. But it seems that only PA gets that slow.
I have lots of multipart archives that are 10+ GB and with PA it would be really time consuming. Is there any solution to this?
I have powerarchiver licenses for powerarchiver standard and toolbox (and also as a result for pro).
I can successfully register powerarchiver with my pro/toolbox codes, and it unlocks the majority of the content/features. However if I try and create a .pa style archive I get the registration popup saying I need PowerArchiver Pro (if I go to help/about I can verify I have the relevant version and it’s registered to me).
Powerarchiver 2021 20.00.73
Windows 10 Education 10.0.19042 Build 19042
When extracting gcc-arm-10.2-2020.11-mingw-w64-i686-arm-none-linux-gnueabihf.tar.xz , Powerarchiver wrongly thinks some .exe files have a length of zero:
Once extracted:D:\Temp\Powerarchiver\gcc-arm-10.2-2020.11-mingw-w64-i686-arm-none-linux-gnueabihf\bin>dir *.exe Volume in drive D is DATA Volume Serial Number is 0E12-BCA2 Directory of D:\Temp\Powerarchiver\gcc-arm-10.2-2020.11-mingw-w64-i686-arm-none-linux-gnueabihf\bin 2020-11-20 07:10 PM 1,391,599 arm-none-linux-gnueabihf-addr2line.exe 2020-11-20 07:10 PM 0 arm-none-linux-gnueabihf-ar.exe 2020-11-20 07:10 PM 0 arm-none-linux-gnueabihf-as.exe 2020-11-20 07:41 PM 3,030,119 arm-none-linux-gnueabihf-c++.exe 2020-11-20 07:10 PM 1,389,293 arm-none-linux-gnueabihf-c++filt.exe 2020-11-20 07:41 PM 3,027,513 arm-none-linux-gnueabihf-cpp.exe 2020-11-20 07:10 PM 4,040,503 arm-none-linux-gnueabihf-dwp.exe 2020-11-20 07:10 PM 391,769 arm-none-linux-gnueabihf-elfedit.exe 2020-11-20 07:41 PM 0 arm-none-linux-gnueabihf-g++.exe 2020-11-20 07:41 PM 3,026,926 arm-none-linux-gnueabihf-gcc-10.2.1.exe 2020-11-20 07:41 PM 609,607 arm-none-linux-gnueabihf-gcc-ar.exe 2020-11-20 07:41 PM 609,607 arm-none-linux-gnueabihf-gcc-nm.exe 2020-11-20 07:41 PM 609,607 arm-none-linux-gnueabihf-gcc-ranlib.exe 2020-11-20 07:41 PM 0 arm-none-linux-gnueabihf-gcc.exe 2020-11-20 07:41 PM 2,165,533 arm-none-linux-gnueabihf-gcov-dump.exe 2020-11-20 07:41 PM 2,343,605 arm-none-linux-gnueabihf-gcov-tool.exe 2020-11-20 07:41 PM 2,450,233 arm-none-linux-gnueabihf-gcov.exe 2020-11-20 07:54 PM 9,605,899 arm-none-linux-gnueabihf-gdb.exe 2020-11-20 07:41 PM 3,028,997 arm-none-linux-gnueabihf-gfortran.exe 2020-11-20 07:10 PM 1,412,943 arm-none-linux-gnueabihf-gprof.exe 2020-11-20 07:10 PM 0 arm-none-linux-gnueabihf-ld.bfd.exe 2020-11-20 07:10 PM 0 arm-none-linux-gnueabihf-ld.exe 2020-11-20 07:10 PM 0 arm-none-linux-gnueabihf-ld.gold.exe 2020-11-20 07:41 PM 25,546,567 arm-none-linux-gnueabihf-lto-dump.exe 2020-11-20 07:10 PM 0 arm-none-linux-gnueabihf-nm.exe 2020-11-20 07:10 PM 0 arm-none-linux-gnueabihf-objcopy.exe 2020-11-20 07:10 PM 0 arm-none-linux-gnueabihf-objdump.exe 2020-11-20 07:10 PM 0 arm-none-linux-gnueabihf-ranlib.exe 2020-11-20 07:10 PM 0 arm-none-linux-gnueabihf-readelf.exe 2020-11-20 07:10 PM 1,393,083 arm-none-linux-gnueabihf-size.exe 2020-11-20 07:10 PM 1,392,464 arm-none-linux-gnueabihf-strings.exe 2020-11-20 07:10 PM 0 arm-none-linux-gnueabihf-strip.exe 32 File(s) 67,465,867 bytes 0 Dir(s) 1,002,422,431,744 bytes free
When the same archive is being extracted from a git bash session (after having installed git 2.30.1 for Windows 64 bit version from git-scm.com), the .exe files are extracted as expected:xz -k -d gcc-arm-10.2-2020.11-mingw-w64-i686-arm-none-linux-gnueabihf.tar.xz tar xf gcc-arm-10.2-2020.11-mingw-w64-i686-arm-none-linux-gnueabihf.tar cd gcc-arm-10.2-2020.11-mingw-w64-i686-arm-none-linux-gnueabihf/bin ll *.exe -rwxr-xr-x 1 User 197121 1391599 Nov 20 19:10 arm-none-linux-gnueabihf-addr2line.exe* -rwxr-xr-x 2 User 197121 1421598 Nov 20 19:10 arm-none-linux-gnueabihf-ar.exe* -rwxr-xr-x 2 User 197121 2028927 Nov 20 19:10 arm-none-linux-gnueabihf-as.exe* -rwxr-xr-x 2 User 197121 3030119 Nov 20 19:41 arm-none-linux-gnueabihf-c++.exe* -rwxr-xr-x 1 User 197121 1389293 Nov 20 19:10 arm-none-linux-gnueabihf-c++filt.exe* -rwxr-xr-x 1 User 197121 3027513 Nov 20 19:41 arm-none-linux-gnueabihf-cpp.exe* -rwxr-xr-x 1 User 197121 4040503 Nov 20 19:10 arm-none-linux-gnueabihf-dwp.exe* -rwxr-xr-x 1 User 197121 391769 Nov 20 19:10 arm-none-linux-gnueabihf-elfedit.exe* -rwxr-xr-x 2 User 197121 3030119 Nov 20 19:41 arm-none-linux-gnueabihf-g++.exe* -rwxr-xr-x 2 User 197121 3026926 Nov 20 19:41 arm-none-linux-gnueabihf-gcc-10.2.1.exe* -rwxr-xr-x 1 User 197121 609607 Nov 20 19:41 arm-none-linux-gnueabihf-gcc-ar.exe* -rwxr-xr-x 1 User 197121 609607 Nov 20 19:41 arm-none-linux-gnueabihf-gcc-nm.exe* -rwxr-xr-x 1 User 197121 609607 Nov 20 19:41 arm-none-linux-gnueabihf-gcc-ranlib.exe* -rwxr-xr-x 2 User 197121 3026926 Nov 20 19:41 arm-none-linux-gnueabihf-gcc.exe* -rwxr-xr-x 1 User 197121 2165533 Nov 20 19:41 arm-none-linux-gnueabihf-gcov-dump.exe* -rwxr-xr-x 1 User 197121 2343605 Nov 20 19:41 arm-none-linux-gnueabihf-gcov-tool.exe* -rwxr-xr-x 1 User 197121 2450233 Nov 20 19:41 arm-none-linux-gnueabihf-gcov.exe* -rwxr-xr-x 1 User 197121 9605899 Nov 20 19:54 arm-none-linux-gnueabihf-gdb.exe* -rwxr-xr-x 1 User 197121 3028997 Nov 20 19:41 arm-none-linux-gnueabihf-gfortran.exe* -rwxr-xr-x 1 User 197121 1412943 Nov 20 19:10 arm-none-linux-gnueabihf-gprof.exe* -rwxr-xr-x 4 User 197121 2572182 Nov 20 19:10 arm-none-linux-gnueabihf-ld.bfd.exe* -rwxr-xr-x 4 User 197121 2572182 Nov 20 19:10 arm-none-linux-gnueabihf-ld.exe* -rwxr-xr-x 2 User 197121 4550029 Nov 20 19:10 arm-none-linux-gnueabihf-ld.gold.exe* -rwxr-xr-x 1 User 197121 25546567 Nov 20 19:41 arm-none-linux-gnueabihf-lto-dump.exe* -rwxr-xr-x 2 User 197121 1404945 Nov 20 19:10 arm-none-linux-gnueabihf-nm.exe* -rwxr-xr-x 2 User 197121 1531656 Nov 20 19:10 arm-none-linux-gnueabihf-objcopy.exe* -rwxr-xr-x 2 User 197121 1991350 Nov 20 19:10 arm-none-linux-gnueabihf-objdump.exe* -rwxr-xr-x 2 User 197121 1421598 Nov 20 19:10 arm-none-linux-gnueabihf-ranlib.exe* -rwxr-xr-x 2 User 197121 1163376 Nov 20 19:10 arm-none-linux-gnueabihf-readelf.exe* -rwxr-xr-x 1 User 197121 1393083 Nov 20 19:10 arm-none-linux-gnueabihf-size.exe* -rwxr-xr-x 1 User 197121 1392464 Nov 20 19:10 arm-none-linux-gnueabihf-strings.exe* -rwxr-xr-x 2 User 197121 1531656 Nov 20 19:10 arm-none-linux-gnueabihf-strip.exe*
The same archive file does extract properly under a native Linux Ubuntu 20.04 system, or under Windows 10 using the WSL2 Linux subsystem using xz and tar.
I just saw, that on the Website, PowerArchiver 2021 20.00.73 is advertised as latest version. (Actually, the downloaded version says, it’s 20.00.70 in the about dialog)
But it still comes with the “red icon set” for preview versions and has some known unfixed bugs, as I read here.
Is it sufficiently stable to be used on production systems?
Hi I recently bought PowerArchiver and found some bugs and issues that I hit testing some of the features out.
If you are doing a backup and on the compression options screen its default is compression format is PA with no option to change disk spanning. If you change to 7-zip you can change disk spanning. If you change the disk spanning then move back to PA format the field for disk spanning disables but the option stays set to what you changed it to. When you do a backup it will use PA with files spanning but PowerArchiver says that its not a valid format when you open it. If PA can’t really do file spanning then this screen is allowing it.
I have attached an image where the progress bar is in the middle of the CD/DVD/BD Tools screen.
I have a 7-Zip file I created using the backup tools doing an increment backup. It opens and extracts just fine but if you using the Test option PowerArchiver locks up. Link to file: Backup-2021-02-05-20-35-36 TEST LOCKUP.7z
On any Zip/PA/7-Zip process the pause and cancel buttons do not work. You have to hard kill the entire application to get out.
There would be many of us with Intel Processors.
and they have their own optimized zlib algorithm, which can result in more efficiency if used combined with their hardware processor.
Can we get the same Functionality Under Hardware Acceleration Feature?
Zlib is not the only feature that intel has included with their processor, there’s many, which if combined can result in efficient and better compression ratios.
After the batch archiving is complete, and if I click on whitespace of the PA app, I get this error.
I did check for ongoing process and ensured no archives were corrupt, It seems like activity did complete successfully but the error is shown for no reason, and only after clicking the whitespace.
Please see if this can be removed.
I’m using the Kaspersky Total Security.
I have configured PA as exclusion as followed:
and also is set us trusted application
PA Trusted Application.png
My Antivirus likes to scan for everything, and it’s safeguarding behavior is to prevent the access to the file until the file is properly scanned for.
PA when losses the access to file, it is stuck, consumes Resources, and never completes the process or throws any error
PAStarter should also work as PAMonitor:
There should be a monitoring process, at least if I’m using queuing feature, that should check for never ending compression processes and terminate them so the queue can be little bit automated.
There should be multiple attempts at retrying if PA loses access to or is denied, instead of having to see process was stuck for longer duration.
Or, better, save the parameters I used for keeping the files in compression, and automatically restart the whole compression process after termination the same, of same folders and files set, this should happen in case if compression was stuck.
If you use Queue Feature, you are not saving on space, you are just squeezing less.
I did test the same on multiple files, and of different types.
It does have large difference for each large file you are trying to squeeze.
Folders with multiple files, just have no benefits if you use Queue Feature
I am using the portable version of PA2021. After switching from build 58 to 73 I have problems with the color-scheme:
While 58 behaves like expected and showed everything in light or dark colors according to the settings, 73 always shows the lower part of the window in dark colors, no matter whether I select automatic, light or dark.
This happens on a clean installation of 73 as well as on an update from build 58. I have attached two images generated on the same machine at the same time with the same settings. The upper shows build 73, the lower 58. Is it a bug or some changed setting I miss?
Thanks for help!
I currently own the PowerArchiver Select - lifetime free upgrades and support for PowerArchiver Toolbox English license.
This license is active on 1 device. Does the license allow me to activate PowerArchiver on a second device that I own? Or do I need a separate license for that?
Thank you ! :)
PowerArchiver 2021 20.00.32/44/45
Release Notes - PowerArchiver - Version 20.00.46
* [PA-2727] - Adding files to Tar.GZ issues
Release Notes - PowerArchiver - Version 20.00.45
* [PA-2693] - in standard/modern interface, when PA is just started, pa icon in toolbar is not shown
* [PA-2715] - Add screen issues when Enforced FIPS is on
* [PA-2719] - Nag Screen changes when changing Toolbar file icon view
* [PA-2723] - Add activity and FIPS icons to Modern W10 interface
* [PA-2724] - other formats not working when fips mode is “on”
* [PA-2726] - Cannot open files in modern interface via double click on archive in Windows Explorer
* [PA-2728] - Enter password dialog appears four times when creating w/Enforced FIPS through shell
* [PA-2730] - FIPS icon does not show properly in Modern W10 interface
Release Notes - PowerArchiver - Version 20.00.44
* [PA-2661] - re-arrange batch zip window
* [PA-2675] - nag screen updates
* [PA-2708] - FIPS 140-2 mode redesign
* [PA-2710] - preview window improvements
* [PA-2626] - new version of explorer display components
* [PA-2643] - implemented zipx: zstd
* [PA-2658] - hide preview window when in non archive tab
* [PA-2662] - backup: refresh should load files from main backup folder
* [PA-2670] - password manager in shell should ask for saving at start of compression
* [PA-2688] - tbx nag screen improvements
* [PA-2704] - Password Profiles tab disappears in config when unchecking Use Password Manager
* [PA-2718] - Add Help icon next to Security>FIPS dropdown in Config
* [PA-2721] - Link FIPS icon in status bar to Help section
* [PA-2618] - taskbar and installer still say 2020
* [PA-2653] - smartai skin detection: black colors in filelist/preview in windows ribbon
* [PA-2654] - highlight selected column is always on
* [PA-2657] - nag screen does not have version information
* [PA-2659] - weird behaviour when closing tabs
* [PA-2665] - when in preview is in hidden mode, do not dissapear images after 3s
* [PA-2540] - Headers do not look correct in Windows 10 interface
* [PA-2598] - cant use ESC to close Burn files window
* [PA-2610] - Fields and text not translated in Config>SmartAI
* [PA-2648] - Backup: Browse buttons missing icons
* [PA-2667] - reset to defaults and skin in config shows empty
* [PA-2668] - default in shell: deflate maximum with deflate64
* [PA-2679] - interface problem when using registered version of PA (chinese)
* [PA-2683] - create new zip, change config, shows status bar msg
* [PA-2685] - translation issues
* [PA-2686] - pdf and zip files do not automatically open hidden preview window
* [PA-2687] - fips mode in add window
* [PA-2689] - backup tab issues
* [PA-2690] - refresh backup list each time we enter backup tab?
* [PA-2691] - backup tool in classic view has large white border
* [PA-2692] - fips mode redo
* [PA-2694] - new archive does not auto show add window, specific config
* [PA-2695] - Cannot select skins in Classic - Classic Simple always selected
* [PA-2696] - Backup interface in white/light skin when PA in dark skin
* [PA-2698] - bugs in german translation
* [PA-2699] - windows fips mode - cant be turned on via PA, uac does not show
* [PA-2700] - in shell compress with option, wrong icon used
* [PA-2702] - Batch Tool window buttons and dropdowns do not appear correctly
* [PA-2703] - Encryption Suite icon almost invisible
* [PA-2705] - black nag black text
* [PA-2709] - timer for auto hide works for 10s no matter how many files we selected
* [PA-2714] - Add window file selection not working
* [PA-2716] - Zip always selected when Adding files to PA archive w/ Enforced FIPS on
* [PA-2720] - Not showing the FIPS icon in the status bar and Nag screen
Release Notes - PowerArchiver - Version 20.00.32
** New features:
- Added new Optimized Fast mode to ZIPX, that intelligently applies appropriate codec for your selected compression strenght.
- Added support for ZSTD compression/extract in ZIPX. ZSTD has been featured in .PA format for a long time, it has faster compression, better compression ratio than Deflate but also a lot faster decompression. It is also supported by WinZip 24 so you have compatibility as well.
* [PA-2566] - preview in non stick mode should not disappear on its own
* [PA-2622] - add back hiding of sidebars and maybe closing them too?
* [PA-2625] - nag screen with lifetime tbx offer
* [PA-2627] - hide/close pins
* [PA-1397] - win+d and PowerArchiver window: does not work properly
* [PA-2490] - 2020: alt+d minimize problem again
* [PA-2542] - Incorrect Backup icon in ModernW10 Dark skin interface
* [PA-2551] - New Encrypt/Opt/Remove options unavailable for RAR files
* [PA-2569] - Uploading 10k files to cloud is very slow compared to uploading a single file
* [PA-2583] - Canceling PA file compression freezes progress dialog
* [PA-2592] - using encrypt in shell, shows error
* [PA-2599] - PA freezes when extracting a corrupted archive, no error
* [PA-2606] - turn off auto hide for preview window
* [PA-2614] - skinning issues in .25
* [PA-2629] - when no button text in editor bar, tooltips do not show
* [PA-2630] - when we turn off tips in editors bar, then restart and turn them on, synedit tabs shows
* [PA-2631] - in cloud mode, right explorer panel does not save “explorer display style”
* [PA-2632] - starting openpgp keys shows error
* [PA-2634] - when we view file in tab and click on “up”, file does not dissapear from view
* [PA-2635] - can we add Explorer to the name of the tab when we are browsing hdd?
* [PA-2637] - add .reg file support for editor
* [PA-2640] - Config>Skins>Select Buttons dialog does not show buttons in W10
* [PA-2641] - Folder treeview disappears after closing tab in file list
* [PA-2642] - PA at bottom left after alt+d
* [PA-2644] - PA 2019 caption shows in compress with options
* [PA-2645] - wrong shell default set for compress to zip
5/27 - rather large update for PowerArchiver 2021 with many new changes including new completely reworked FIPS 140-2 options for our Govt/Business customers, new Batch Zip window and many other improvements. In testing right now towards official release!
Thank you for reporting issues and your wishlists, keep it coming! @Alpha-Testers
bump for build .45 @Alpha-Testers
bump for quick fix .46 build @Alpha-Testers
- dark windows ribbon implemented with auto/light/dark modes. Lot of backend changes, so not public yet.