PA 2019 register type associations everytime.

• HI,
    Recently i have updated to 2019 version and i found uac prompt everytime when i open any archives regarding file type association regardless i have already associates it many times. so its very cumbersome to press uac promp yes everytime. lots of people have reported this problem and does not solved this problem at your side. i request you to consider this issue seriously and understand what peoples want to told you.
    Screenshot

• conexware

Hi @dharmang1910

We have been investigating this issue as it is specific and does not occur for everyone.
    Are there any other software installed that could be associating itself with the same files as PowerArchiver?
    That might help us in our investigation as we can then test out the specifics.
    Sorry for the frustration, we’re looking to fix this asap.

Let us know if there is any other software installed on that machine that might associate itself with same files as PA and we will test, that will provide assistance to our dev team in solving it.

Thanks!

• I think acdsee may be interface with it but not sure because it supports archives but i have not selected that and also it have not aggressive strategy for association for that formats.
    acdsee screenshot

• today i updated the power archiver version to 19.00.39 version but my problem is not solved. My temporary problem is solved by this method. Go to option->file formats and check the show associate window if … and restart the power archiver. After restart it shows a message for file association and in that dialogue uncheck all users and check the never ask and most important press no button. After this steps it can not shows uac screen.

• conexware

@dharmang1910 said in PA 2019 register type associations everytime.:

today i updated the power archiver version to 19.00.39 version but my problem is not solved. My temporary problem is solved by this method. Go to option->file formats and check the show associate window if … and restart the power archiver. After restart it shows a message for file association and in that dialogue uncheck all users and check the never ask and most important press no button. After this steps it can not shows uac screen.

Thanks very much for the update @dharmang1910
    I’ve added the info to the bug report.

• conexware

hi @dharmang1910

PA should work better now and not ask for associations each time, in version .42
    https://powerarchiver.cachefly.net/2019/powarc190042.exe

Thanks for your help and please let us know if you still experience issues

• Alpha Testers

When I upgraded from .41 to .43 using patch beam the prompt to associate came back and would not go away until I ticked the box to say not to ask again.

• conexware

@Brian-Gregory said in PA 2019 register type associations everytime.:

When I upgraded from .41 to .43 using patch beam the prompt to associate came back and would not go away until I ticked the box to say not to ask again.

thanks @Brian-Gregory
    looking into it and just to confirm, after clicking the “do not ask again” box, the association box did not come up again?

• conexware

that is super annoying.

Do you have patience to uncheck some of the associations in associate window so we can figure out what association causes it?

thank you!

• conexware

Brian, please try .44… should work now?