Please Notice: For fastest support from PowerArchiver team, contact us via our Support page

Problem creating .cab [in 9.20.07]

• This may not be related to the other .cab problems with 9.20.06, but I had this problem with that version too. Is there a size limit on cab files? Otherwise I have no idea. I’ve tried using the .rar converter, which completed without error…except that there was no .cab file present when it finished. So I manually extracted the files, then just tried making a .cab with them the usual way (selecting the folder)…again, it goes through the motions but there’s no file present at the end. The total size of the folder is ~2.7 gig uncompressed.

• the probem might be ralated to the cab you have or the files your using what are they can u plaese give more details. no poaint telling us if we can not check it out in case its machine specific

• conexware

2 GB is the maximum size for CAB files, so yes, there is an limit there. Try using 7zip for best compression.

• Alright, the 2GB ceiling is what was killing me there, my bad. 😃

Small recommendation from this, is there a way to insert a warning about the size? It seems silly to allow PA to go thru ~2 hours of compression only to poop out at the end and leave you with no error message, no .cab file, and no clue in general.

• conexware

Unfortunatly I dont think we can - cab compression is always done via cabinet.dll which is supplied by MS and its development has stopped long, long time ago.

Looks like your connection to PowerArchiver Forums was lost, please wait while we try to reconnect.