Dear @Alpha-Testers and all of our users,
time has come for testing of PowerArchiver and PACL for macOS.
Please let us know here if you have Mac and can test latest builds.
PowerArchiver 2020 - tabbing, opening, extracting, adding, testing, favorite folders, support for multiple languages, opening via Finder, explorer mode, installer.
PACL 10 - support for most formats and features in Windows version.
Upcoming: Tools such as archive converter, batch zip, multi-extract.
To start testing, please sign up here in this thread, and we will send you latest build.
Ashampoo_Snap_Wednesday, November 20, 2019_12h54m56s_008_.png Ashampoo_Snap_Wednesday, November 20, 2019_12h55m05s_009_.png Ashampoo_Snap_Wednesday, November 20, 2019_12h55m14s_010_.png Ashampoo_Snap_Wednesday, November 20, 2019_12h55m30s_011_.png Ashampoo_Snap_Wednesday, November 20, 2019_12h55m39s_012_.png Ashampoo_Snap_Wednesday, November 20, 2019_12h55m49s_013_.png Ashampoo_Snap_Wednesday, November 20, 2019_12h56m00s_014_.png Ashampoo_Snap_Wednesday, November 20, 2019_12h54m43s_007_.png
I have a “USB2.0” DVD-RW drive with a blank 700MB CD-R inserted.
Windows 10 sees in just fine explorer and it’s usable, and works.
However it is not showing in any dropdown in PowerArchiver.
Thanks for any help…
PowerArchiver 20.10.02 (05/2021) 64-bit
Windows 10 Pro
20H2 build: 19042.1348
Windows Feature Experience Pack 120.2212.3920.0
Hi,The window size is suddenly “large” Resizing the window to normal size works for the current action, but isn’t remembered The next time I’m using the shell extension, the window is large again, so it seems the size change isn’t saved
I’ve got a strange behavior with the progress window in PowerArchiver 2021 shell extension:
The progress window of PowerArchiver itself has its normal size.
Is there a possibility to reset the shell extension window size?
I’m running W10 Pro on an HP i-7 machine with now 32gb of RAM. The system drive is an SSD.
In the course of sorting out some inconsistencies in a couple of my .pbs jobs, I’ve been paying close attention to the system CPU resource and power consumption of PA Starter, as shown by the various resource management tools. I’ve also been trying to identify why my system seems rather sluggish despite some extensive tuning for speed etc.
When I have enabled Starter as a start-up programme, to use the PA Queue facility, I see that Starter consistently uses between 10-13% of CPU, with High Power consumption indicated. It runs, consuming this resource, irrespective of what may be happening with PA and any pbs script jobs.
I can understand a need to use a good chunk of CPU when Starter is actually handling PA jobs, but it shouldn’t sit and consume this amount when it really isn’t doing anything but wait for a job to start and for which it is needed.
Perhaps I’ve missed a way of lessening Starter’s impact, but in the meantime I’ve adjusted my set-up to running PA without it.
I’ve found a bug when trying to test an encrypted, 28-volume 7-zip archive of a 18.3 GB folder containing 41,751 files. The test fails, showing errors in all files.Here’s the folder I compressed, and the 28 resulting files:
ArchivesHere’s the multi-volume compressed file opened in PA, showing the total file count and the full archive size:
Opened in PowerArchiverAnd here’s the test results screen after I click Actions -> Test…, showing an incorrect file count and archive size (this seems to be the file size of the first volume alone):
One important detail about the test screen above is that PA opens an UAC prompt asking for privileged execution before starting the test. Is this the expected behavior? It seems PA wouldn’t need higher execution privilege since everything it’s touching is owned by my own user.
In any case, granting or denying the UAC prompt results in the exact same screen.Now, if instead of testing the archive I tell PA to extract the contents, the operation works fine (and with no UAC prompts):
ExtractingWith the Properties panel for both folders, the original and the extracted one, showing the exact same file count and total size:
I hope this helps. 🙂
Currently on the 2021 20.00.55, updated, and licensed.
I have been facing this issue since 2019 version.Queues don’t actually do anything
That I run powerarchiver starter as admin, or without admin.
Then I queue some files, and most of the files take forever, to go from 1% to 2%
and let’s say if the 5th of total 10 files are stuck that should mean the other 4 should be completed, but no, the directories are just like that.
Using Queue feature makes the Powerarchiver to process and compress files, but the PA archives do no appear, neither the disk’s total used space changes.
However if I manually compress files without queuing, no matter if I run multiple compression or one by one, there’s always success.
sometimes compression is stuck at certain percentage for a 50 or 200 MB file, forever.
I want to speed up multiple compression, I find the batch compression feature useless, as I cannot configure any custom parameters or advanced option under PA archive format
So, Let me save parameters(Advanced Option) of Profiles
i) Either I should be able to customize PA Default profile, so I don’t have to select files and manually select profile, but not even single parameter can be saved
ii) Or I should be able to create a new profile and be able to set that as default.
It’s end of 2020 and I have been trying to reach Powerarchiver team to add this, but no one wants to listen or do anything.
Refer case PA-FCW-TLNFM-096
I still cannot save parameters under advanced options like DDL/EXE filter to delta, or PNG PDF Filter, or set zlib to 9 or dictionary size or experimental stuff.
Soo many Revisions and versions released but I still cannot have a profile saved with whatever I want, be it existing or new profile.
Don’t you guys at Powerarchiver labs get frustrated everytime you have to configure these parameters manually?
When I stop an ongoing compression process, that is stuck or let’s say it’s not stuck but I click on cancel and then on No, it still continues compression for no reason.If I start compression and pause, the progress bar shortly(progresses) reaches to completion, but no compression is done, and then archive is stuck forever
Just cancel it
For all my claims above I have sent ticket today with screenshots from my registered email.if you can:
Batch archive is good idea, but if I have multiple directories inside directories, then I want first child directory to have all of it’s subdirectory compressed to that same first child directory
I have a folder in D:\pics
that folder has following folder
Each of the above folder has sub folder:
I want those sub folders(black, white, colorful, fluffy) not to be compressed individually, but the cats, dogs and fishes folders to be compressed individually
The support doesn’t answer my email about a license question for weeks, because despite a lifetime license Powerarchiver refuses some functions
Dear PowerArchiver Team!
As I unfortunately found out, there is a big bug in Powerarchiver, which causes the compression rate to drop really significantly! I wonder if no one has noticed this yet? Are you guys still actively developing?
The following error occurs! (This is already as I find a blatant error!).
ERROR:File extensions and formats are not recognized automatically! If a file name e.g. Mütze.jpg is simply “renamed” in Mütze.txt, or
Mütze.png, Mütze.mp3, Mütze.pdf etc. each time a DIFFERENT compression algorithm is performed on the SAME FILE! Remember! The file extension was only renamed, so the file extension e.g. from .jpg to .txt is only by Rename changed! Just take a .jpg or .txt or .pdf file and change the file extension, you will see see this error! No headers are read automatically! Is this really wanted?Then the perfect compression algorithm can never be found and optimized by PowerArchiver? You should investigate this dramatic error once absolutely!
Greetings from your trusty Konglomat!
Please stay healthy and make PowerArchiver more powerful than ever! I am looking forward to future updates! You are still awesome! Please keep up the good work! I love PowerArchiver, really more than just about anything!And will probably buy and use it for eternity!
There would be many of us with Intel Processors.
and they have their own optimized zlib algorithm, which can result in more efficiency if used combined with their hardware processor.
Can we get the same Functionality Under Hardware Acceleration Feature?
Zlib is not the only feature that intel has included with their processor, there’s many, which if combined can result in efficient and better compression ratios.
I thought, I’ll give it a try and upgrade my PA 2018 Toolbox on my production machine to PA 2021 (20.10.03)Sending registration codes in your order recovery doesn’t seem to work at the moment (I also checked my junk folder), online activation works Using registry to disable modules (for example HKLM\SOFTWARE\PowerArchiverInt\General\DisableBurning) doesn’t work as expected with modern ui. The module is visible, but I’ll get the trial nag, if I try to open it. It’s almost fine in classic and ribbon mode.
“DisableClouds” and “DisableExplorer” seem not to be respected at all, while the classic UI seems to respect the setting to disable any other unused module:In settings I won’t be able to access the SmartAI settings and the settings for the internal editor if the FTP module is disabled
Powerarchiver 2021 20.00.73
Windows 10 Education 10.0.19042 Build 19042
When extracting gcc-arm-10.2-2020.11-mingw-w64-i686-arm-none-linux-gnueabihf.tar.xz , Powerarchiver wrongly thinks some .exe files have a length of zero:
Once extracted:D:\Temp\Powerarchiver\gcc-arm-10.2-2020.11-mingw-w64-i686-arm-none-linux-gnueabihf\bin>dir *.exe Volume in drive D is DATA Volume Serial Number is 0E12-BCA2 Directory of D:\Temp\Powerarchiver\gcc-arm-10.2-2020.11-mingw-w64-i686-arm-none-linux-gnueabihf\bin 2020-11-20 07:10 PM 1,391,599 arm-none-linux-gnueabihf-addr2line.exe 2020-11-20 07:10 PM 0 arm-none-linux-gnueabihf-ar.exe 2020-11-20 07:10 PM 0 arm-none-linux-gnueabihf-as.exe 2020-11-20 07:41 PM 3,030,119 arm-none-linux-gnueabihf-c++.exe 2020-11-20 07:10 PM 1,389,293 arm-none-linux-gnueabihf-c++filt.exe 2020-11-20 07:41 PM 3,027,513 arm-none-linux-gnueabihf-cpp.exe 2020-11-20 07:10 PM 4,040,503 arm-none-linux-gnueabihf-dwp.exe 2020-11-20 07:10 PM 391,769 arm-none-linux-gnueabihf-elfedit.exe 2020-11-20 07:41 PM 0 arm-none-linux-gnueabihf-g++.exe 2020-11-20 07:41 PM 3,026,926 arm-none-linux-gnueabihf-gcc-10.2.1.exe 2020-11-20 07:41 PM 609,607 arm-none-linux-gnueabihf-gcc-ar.exe 2020-11-20 07:41 PM 609,607 arm-none-linux-gnueabihf-gcc-nm.exe 2020-11-20 07:41 PM 609,607 arm-none-linux-gnueabihf-gcc-ranlib.exe 2020-11-20 07:41 PM 0 arm-none-linux-gnueabihf-gcc.exe 2020-11-20 07:41 PM 2,165,533 arm-none-linux-gnueabihf-gcov-dump.exe 2020-11-20 07:41 PM 2,343,605 arm-none-linux-gnueabihf-gcov-tool.exe 2020-11-20 07:41 PM 2,450,233 arm-none-linux-gnueabihf-gcov.exe 2020-11-20 07:54 PM 9,605,899 arm-none-linux-gnueabihf-gdb.exe 2020-11-20 07:41 PM 3,028,997 arm-none-linux-gnueabihf-gfortran.exe 2020-11-20 07:10 PM 1,412,943 arm-none-linux-gnueabihf-gprof.exe 2020-11-20 07:10 PM 0 arm-none-linux-gnueabihf-ld.bfd.exe 2020-11-20 07:10 PM 0 arm-none-linux-gnueabihf-ld.exe 2020-11-20 07:10 PM 0 arm-none-linux-gnueabihf-ld.gold.exe 2020-11-20 07:41 PM 25,546,567 arm-none-linux-gnueabihf-lto-dump.exe 2020-11-20 07:10 PM 0 arm-none-linux-gnueabihf-nm.exe 2020-11-20 07:10 PM 0 arm-none-linux-gnueabihf-objcopy.exe 2020-11-20 07:10 PM 0 arm-none-linux-gnueabihf-objdump.exe 2020-11-20 07:10 PM 0 arm-none-linux-gnueabihf-ranlib.exe 2020-11-20 07:10 PM 0 arm-none-linux-gnueabihf-readelf.exe 2020-11-20 07:10 PM 1,393,083 arm-none-linux-gnueabihf-size.exe 2020-11-20 07:10 PM 1,392,464 arm-none-linux-gnueabihf-strings.exe 2020-11-20 07:10 PM 0 arm-none-linux-gnueabihf-strip.exe 32 File(s) 67,465,867 bytes 0 Dir(s) 1,002,422,431,744 bytes free
When the same archive is being extracted from a git bash session (after having installed git 2.30.1 for Windows 64 bit version from git-scm.com), the .exe files are extracted as expected:xz -k -d gcc-arm-10.2-2020.11-mingw-w64-i686-arm-none-linux-gnueabihf.tar.xz tar xf gcc-arm-10.2-2020.11-mingw-w64-i686-arm-none-linux-gnueabihf.tar cd gcc-arm-10.2-2020.11-mingw-w64-i686-arm-none-linux-gnueabihf/bin ll *.exe -rwxr-xr-x 1 User 197121 1391599 Nov 20 19:10 arm-none-linux-gnueabihf-addr2line.exe* -rwxr-xr-x 2 User 197121 1421598 Nov 20 19:10 arm-none-linux-gnueabihf-ar.exe* -rwxr-xr-x 2 User 197121 2028927 Nov 20 19:10 arm-none-linux-gnueabihf-as.exe* -rwxr-xr-x 2 User 197121 3030119 Nov 20 19:41 arm-none-linux-gnueabihf-c++.exe* -rwxr-xr-x 1 User 197121 1389293 Nov 20 19:10 arm-none-linux-gnueabihf-c++filt.exe* -rwxr-xr-x 1 User 197121 3027513 Nov 20 19:41 arm-none-linux-gnueabihf-cpp.exe* -rwxr-xr-x 1 User 197121 4040503 Nov 20 19:10 arm-none-linux-gnueabihf-dwp.exe* -rwxr-xr-x 1 User 197121 391769 Nov 20 19:10 arm-none-linux-gnueabihf-elfedit.exe* -rwxr-xr-x 2 User 197121 3030119 Nov 20 19:41 arm-none-linux-gnueabihf-g++.exe* -rwxr-xr-x 2 User 197121 3026926 Nov 20 19:41 arm-none-linux-gnueabihf-gcc-10.2.1.exe* -rwxr-xr-x 1 User 197121 609607 Nov 20 19:41 arm-none-linux-gnueabihf-gcc-ar.exe* -rwxr-xr-x 1 User 197121 609607 Nov 20 19:41 arm-none-linux-gnueabihf-gcc-nm.exe* -rwxr-xr-x 1 User 197121 609607 Nov 20 19:41 arm-none-linux-gnueabihf-gcc-ranlib.exe* -rwxr-xr-x 2 User 197121 3026926 Nov 20 19:41 arm-none-linux-gnueabihf-gcc.exe* -rwxr-xr-x 1 User 197121 2165533 Nov 20 19:41 arm-none-linux-gnueabihf-gcov-dump.exe* -rwxr-xr-x 1 User 197121 2343605 Nov 20 19:41 arm-none-linux-gnueabihf-gcov-tool.exe* -rwxr-xr-x 1 User 197121 2450233 Nov 20 19:41 arm-none-linux-gnueabihf-gcov.exe* -rwxr-xr-x 1 User 197121 9605899 Nov 20 19:54 arm-none-linux-gnueabihf-gdb.exe* -rwxr-xr-x 1 User 197121 3028997 Nov 20 19:41 arm-none-linux-gnueabihf-gfortran.exe* -rwxr-xr-x 1 User 197121 1412943 Nov 20 19:10 arm-none-linux-gnueabihf-gprof.exe* -rwxr-xr-x 4 User 197121 2572182 Nov 20 19:10 arm-none-linux-gnueabihf-ld.bfd.exe* -rwxr-xr-x 4 User 197121 2572182 Nov 20 19:10 arm-none-linux-gnueabihf-ld.exe* -rwxr-xr-x 2 User 197121 4550029 Nov 20 19:10 arm-none-linux-gnueabihf-ld.gold.exe* -rwxr-xr-x 1 User 197121 25546567 Nov 20 19:41 arm-none-linux-gnueabihf-lto-dump.exe* -rwxr-xr-x 2 User 197121 1404945 Nov 20 19:10 arm-none-linux-gnueabihf-nm.exe* -rwxr-xr-x 2 User 197121 1531656 Nov 20 19:10 arm-none-linux-gnueabihf-objcopy.exe* -rwxr-xr-x 2 User 197121 1991350 Nov 20 19:10 arm-none-linux-gnueabihf-objdump.exe* -rwxr-xr-x 2 User 197121 1421598 Nov 20 19:10 arm-none-linux-gnueabihf-ranlib.exe* -rwxr-xr-x 2 User 197121 1163376 Nov 20 19:10 arm-none-linux-gnueabihf-readelf.exe* -rwxr-xr-x 1 User 197121 1393083 Nov 20 19:10 arm-none-linux-gnueabihf-size.exe* -rwxr-xr-x 1 User 197121 1392464 Nov 20 19:10 arm-none-linux-gnueabihf-strings.exe* -rwxr-xr-x 2 User 197121 1531656 Nov 20 19:10 arm-none-linux-gnueabihf-strip.exe*
The same archive file does extract properly under a native Linux Ubuntu 20.04 system, or under Windows 10 using the WSL2 Linux subsystem using xz and tar.
Hi! I came across an issue when I tried to uninstall PowerArch 2013. I got an error “The specified account already exists” which broke the process. I got the same error when I tried to install the current version, without uninstalling the previous one.
So I can’t uninstall and I can’t install PowerArchiver. Any suggestions? OS Windows 8.1 x64.
I’m using Convert Archives on a local folder of .zip files, converting them to .lzh files, and I’m finding that perhaps 1 in 75 files is actually converting and outputting a file. Even then, the .lzh file is incomplete, missing most of the source files.
The progress bars completes OK, say 75/75 files, but only one .lzh file exists in the output folder.
It seems to be the same with different source and output folders on both local and USB disk - I can’t see a pattern.
The files extract and compress (to .lzh) without issue on their own.
Is there a log file I can check please, to see why PA does not like these files as part of the batch conversion?
Thanks very much, Rich.
Fast Ring: PowerArchiver 2018 18.00.50/53/56/57
New version: PowerArchiver 2018 18.00.57
Download Windows Installer: https://powerarchiver.cachefly.net/2018/powarc180057.exe
Download Portable Installer: https://powerarchiver.cachefly.net/2018/powarcportable180057.exe
Release Notes - PowerArchiver - Version 18.00.57
* [PA-1833] - adding files from UNC paths fails in .56
* [PA-1836] - XP: Default skin should be classic in first install dialog
Release Notes - PowerArchiver - Version 18.00.56
* [PA-1719] - Remove office icons text from Skins dropdown in menu
* [PA-1776] - Cloud missing from modern interface
* [PA-1779] - Increase padding in file list to compensate for text growing under high dpi
* [PA-1781] - Improve shortcuts in modern interface - update shortcut letters
* [PA-1782] - Password Manager should ask to save passwords during encryption as well
* [PA-1784] - Define default icon set for each skin with office icons set for lighter skins
* [PA-1785] - Add OpenPGP Key Manager to tools menu in Modern UI
* [PA-1787] - Favorites button in Add screen - keep Edit always on top
* [PA-1791] - Backup: Change Create to new in Backup Menu
* [PA-1794] - Backup: make Configure clouds button unavailable when Sent to Cloud not checked
* [PA-1825] - Change position of reset/set as default in make sfx
* [PA-1767] - Modern ui: alt+enter show properties like in classic
* [PA-1768] - Clarify in help file how to force classic interface for enterprise users
* [PA-1797] - Associate .SGN files with PA
** New Feature
* [PA-1777] - Modern UI: Add Desktop, Documents, Downloads and Pictures to the Extract button drop-down.
* [PA-1683] - New tabs do not show files on HDD when selected to show in View options
* [PA-1769] - Remove saved password button does not remove - Remove All works
* [PA-1770] - List view does not show folders properly when moving from folder to folder
* [PA-1772] - Encrypt Tool adds file extension to suffix but it shouldnt
* [PA-1780] - Delete FTP profile does not work in FTP quick connect
* [PA-1798] - 18.00.53 License without codec pack - PA format works
* [PA-1804] - shell: set as default in make exe does not save setting
* [PA-1812] - explorer View is always Large Icons after restarting PA
* [PA-1815] - in .55 - error writting to file when compressing mp3 into PA format
* [PA-1817] - explorer view: zips open in both left and right panel
* [PA-1819] - Archives should open in new tab when opening them in explorer view
* [PA-1820] - Portable - Toolbox registers as PRO - Burner tab missing in Toolbox version
* [PA-1822] - Importing PSF2 skin does not work when in modern interface
* [PA-1823] - closing empty tab destroys folder view treeview in other tabs
Release Notes - PowerArchiver - Version 18.00.50
* [PA-1530] - tabing in ftp mode - focus on buttons?
* [PA-1715] - debug version of packmp3c with jojpeg
* [PA-1716] - .pa: wav compression step at extreme changes (optimization for better compression)
* [PA-1724] - remove admin requirement from portable installer
* [PA-1734] - modern/ribbon ui: ctrl+L should close archive
* [PA-1738] - change default compression level to Normal for PA and Zip formats when creating new compression profile
* [PA-1741] - Associate .scs files with PowerArchiver for extraction - PA already opens it
* [PA-1742] - tab in ftp should go from username to password
* [PA-1744] - when we select pro user interface in first screen, PA should use office icons in modern toolbar
* [PA-1746] - sfx wizard: first archive folder should be my documents
* [PA-1751] - update 7z.dll’s to latest versions
* [PA-1756] - Add Set as default SFX buttons to Make EXE option
* [PA-1700] - new MSI setups for 2018 with built in offline help files
* [PA-1731] - PA Mount shell extension asks for PAVD2017 instead of PAVD2018
** New Feature
* [PA-858] - add special .wav mode for optimized fast to improve compression by 25%
* [PA-1135] - (pa2018) implement new mp3 codec with jpeg compression (album art) for ultra and extreme modes
* [PA-495] - SFX Wizard dialog improvements - improvements and text cut off
* [PA-778] - Backup Tab: Icons missing for custom skin
* [PA-868] - SFX Wizard: password protection not working
* [PA-1018] - Default compression should be Normal when creating PA compression profile?
* [PA-1627] - Unmount VD moves to PowerArchiver shell submenu instead of staying in main
* [PA-1639] - Cannot CTRL V into main PA extract window password prompt
* [PA-1687] - FTP entrance fields Tab order not correct
* [PA-1722] - new MSI version installer asks to run PA 2017 instead of 2018
* [PA-1723] - Offline Help does not appear in MSI version
* [PA-1727] - Backup tab icons show modern icons when original selected
* [PA-1728] - Favorites dialog does not save column sizes
* [PA-1729] - Compress & Encrypt option does not work properly
* [PA-1730] - Remove .zip extension from PAE2 filename when using Compress & Encrypt
* [PA-1736] - Compression profiles not working in Converter and Batch tools
* [PA-1737] - Span size dropdown empty for PA format in Config>Compression profiles
* [PA-1739] - Virtual Drive: Mount/Unmount shell options issues
* [PA-1740] - Filters not working in Backup and main PA
* [PA-1745] - sfx wizard: creating password protected archives
* [PA-1749] - Portable: cannot register with unicode letters in name
* [PA-1750] - Full path location always used even when relative checked
* [PA-1754] - SFX Wizard: Default unzip to folder dropdown is empty
* [PA-1755] - Extra dialog in SFX wizard before compression begins
Release Notes - PowerArchiver - Version 18.00.53
* [PA-1679] - create lepton with -validate built in
* [PA-1735] - restore window size too wide
* [PA-1743] - Add Skin selection to the first config window
* [PA-1747] - checkout creates invalid shortcut to exe file
* [PA-1759] - 18.00.50: pabackup.exe always in english
* [PA-1760] - changes for the nag screen
* [PA-1757] - Remove X from “New Tab” marker
* [PA-1762] - PA does not extract ISO via shell - works via main PA
* [PA-1765] - Label56 shows in backup when skins used
- Changes and updates based on first official release - PA 2018 18.00.48.
- There was security vulnerability reported in 7z and fixed few weeks ago. This specific issue was due to unrar implementation and has not impacted PowerArchiver since we use our own unrar code. We have updated 7z.dll’s for other improvements and fixes nevertheless.
- Some usability improvements from .48, for instance restore window size.
- Lots of small improvements to Modern UI including new features and shortcuts overhaul.
- You can now save default settings in Make SFX and SFX Maker.
Thanks to everyone for testing!
Original forum thread:
This post is deleted!
@Alpha-Testers updated with build .56… Patchbeam will be available in few hours, details have been updated above. Thank you for your feedback!
Thank You :D
@Alpha-Testers small update to .57… thank you!