I’m running PA 21.00.17 64-bit on a 64-bit i7 desktop with W10 Pro, latest version. This 32gb of installed RAM.
As I use the PA pbs system for a number of scheduled archiving operations throughout the day, PA Starter is set to load and run at system startup.
In the course of trying to identify some causes of slowness and bottlenecks in other processes, I notice that PA Starter (PAS) always runs at between 11% and 15% of CPU (see screenshot), usually at about 12-13%. This is by far the highest demanding process on the system, as shown by Task Manager. In Performance Monitor, PAS Average CPU is 8.32, with every other process at less that 1 i.e. in decimal places only.
Task Manager also shows PAS Power Usage as “Very High”, and is the only process shown thus.
I have looked again at the information about PAS at https://wiki.powerarchiver.com/en:help:details:powerarchiver_starter, which was last modified in 2016. The article states a low memory usage for PAS of 784k, which is fair enough, but it is the large CPU overhead which is of concern.
It is of course possible to change the PAS priority, but this has no effect on CPU overhead.
However, is it possible to change PAS, which is required only at intervals to initiate PA scheduled tasks, from consuming so much system resource for every moment of the day?
i just registered my own copy and i need some help to set it…
if i set the ‘configuration>shell extension>open folder after extracting’ checkbox, after decompress an archive is opened the file manager on that folder but… if somebody is using a different file manager how to open XYplorer or Directory Opus for example and NOT the MS file manager?
consider this as a feature request also if not available within the 2022 version
I am looking for a way to stop the UAC elevation prompt when running Powerarchiver. In an old post about PA 2019, someone asked this and got a response to uncheck “all users” at the prompt but I am not seeing where one can do this. It definitely seems like the way to go though as if I click on “More Details” at the prompt I see that it is trying to run “_pautil.exe /paassociate /allusers /my(long binary string)”. Can you let me know? Thanks.
PS I tried renaming _pautil.exe and this worked, but I don’t know what the consequence of doing this may be so I would like to do this properly, thanks.
Just a question is Ashampoo zip pro 4 built by Powerrachiver as it is very similar and uses the pae encryption.
Here is the email…
On Tue, Jun 7, 2022 at 1:20 PM Rich DiBenedetto email@example.com wrote:
Could you assist me with this?
Can I use my current licenses with MacOS?
If not, can I transfer a license to MacOS?
Cheers and Have a Great Day,
On Wed, Dec 9, 2020 at 6:35 AM ConeXware, Inc. firstname.lastname@example.org wrote:
Dear Richard DiBenedetto,
Thank you for supporting PowerArchiver! Please find your activation and registration codes below.
*** Online Activation ***
PowerArchiver Select for PowerArchiver Toolbox English - LIFETIME
is valid until - not limited.
Activation Code: ***
There would be many of us with Intel Processors.
and they have their own optimized zlib algorithm, which can result in more efficiency if used combined with their hardware processor.
Can we get the same Functionality Under Hardware Acceleration Feature?
Zlib is not the only feature that intel has included with their processor, there’s many, which if combined can result in efficient and better compression ratios.
With PowerArchiver context menu enabled, it is crashing Windows 10 File Explorer when right-clicking on the Default User junction in C:\Users. Had 2021 installed, updated to today’s 2022, still getting same crash. Must have Hidden files and folders set to Show, and Hide protected operating system files cleared in File Explorer Options|View.
Windows 10 Enterprise Version 21H2 (OS Build 19044.1708) (64-bit)
PowerArchiver 2022 Version: 21.00.15 (03/2022) 64-bit
PowerArchiver Toolbox Edition Personal English
Disabling PowerArchiver context menu using Autoruns: on the Explorer tab, uncheck PowerArchiver64 under HKLM\Software\Classes\Folders\ShellEx\ContextMenuHandlers and the crash does not happen.
when clciking on powerarchiver update from within powerarchiver we get a windows for the update but it nows sayes script errors. I think it could be due to windows update in windows 10 can you look into it. By pressing cancel it seems to be ok. It seems that the page being displayed as erros on it.
From within PA on the extract popup, buttons are hidden, I must resize the window to get access to the OK/Cancel buttons. Tried on the default notebook screen (Macbook M1 Max 14") as well as on my external monitor (4k).Screenshot_2022-05-12_10-02-10.jpg
Ho già contattato il supporto con il modulo presente qui https://www.powerarchiver.com/it/contact/ da settimane ma non ho ricevuto riscontro e ora che ho aggiornato alla versione 21.00.15 ho notato che il problema persiste.
Quando clicco PDF Encrypt & Sign nel tab Crittografia appare la schemata riportata sotto come se mancassero le funzionalità.
I’ve already contacted support with the form here https://www.powerarchiver.com/it/contact/ weeks ago but I haven’t received any feedback and now that I’ve updated to version 21.00.15 I’ve noticed that the problem persists.
When I click on PDF Encrypt & Sign in the Encryption tab the schematic below appears as if the functionality is missing.
I have tried to burn a DVD with PowerArchiver 2022 Final, but it didn’t work because PA didn’t found the external DVD-Burner.
I have tried several burners from Sony, LG, Dell.
I have connected the burners with several USB-Ports but unfortunately without any success.
With other burning software, e. g. Nero, all burner worked perfect on each USB-Port.
The same problem occured with PA2018 and it was solved with an update, but I don’t remember the detailed software version.
Could you check the possibility of an bug, please?
Thank you for your support in advance!
Fast Ring: PowerArchiver 2018 18.00.50/53/56/57
New version: PowerArchiver 2018 18.00.57
Download Windows Installer: https://powerarchiver.cachefly.net/2018/powarc180057.exe
Download Portable Installer: https://powerarchiver.cachefly.net/2018/powarcportable180057.exe
Release Notes - PowerArchiver - Version 18.00.57
* [PA-1833] - adding files from UNC paths fails in .56
* [PA-1836] - XP: Default skin should be classic in first install dialog
Release Notes - PowerArchiver - Version 18.00.56
* [PA-1719] - Remove office icons text from Skins dropdown in menu
* [PA-1776] - Cloud missing from modern interface
* [PA-1779] - Increase padding in file list to compensate for text growing under high dpi
* [PA-1781] - Improve shortcuts in modern interface - update shortcut letters
* [PA-1782] - Password Manager should ask to save passwords during encryption as well
* [PA-1784] - Define default icon set for each skin with office icons set for lighter skins
* [PA-1785] - Add OpenPGP Key Manager to tools menu in Modern UI
* [PA-1787] - Favorites button in Add screen - keep Edit always on top
* [PA-1791] - Backup: Change Create to new in Backup Menu
* [PA-1794] - Backup: make Configure clouds button unavailable when Sent to Cloud not checked
* [PA-1825] - Change position of reset/set as default in make sfx
* [PA-1767] - Modern ui: alt+enter show properties like in classic
* [PA-1768] - Clarify in help file how to force classic interface for enterprise users
* [PA-1797] - Associate .SGN files with PA
** New Feature
* [PA-1777] - Modern UI: Add Desktop, Documents, Downloads and Pictures to the Extract button drop-down.
* [PA-1683] - New tabs do not show files on HDD when selected to show in View options
* [PA-1769] - Remove saved password button does not remove - Remove All works
* [PA-1770] - List view does not show folders properly when moving from folder to folder
* [PA-1772] - Encrypt Tool adds file extension to suffix but it shouldnt
* [PA-1780] - Delete FTP profile does not work in FTP quick connect
* [PA-1798] - 18.00.53 License without codec pack - PA format works
* [PA-1804] - shell: set as default in make exe does not save setting
* [PA-1812] - explorer View is always Large Icons after restarting PA
* [PA-1815] - in .55 - error writting to file when compressing mp3 into PA format
* [PA-1817] - explorer view: zips open in both left and right panel
* [PA-1819] - Archives should open in new tab when opening them in explorer view
* [PA-1820] - Portable - Toolbox registers as PRO - Burner tab missing in Toolbox version
* [PA-1822] - Importing PSF2 skin does not work when in modern interface
* [PA-1823] - closing empty tab destroys folder view treeview in other tabs
Release Notes - PowerArchiver - Version 18.00.50
* [PA-1530] - tabing in ftp mode - focus on buttons?
* [PA-1715] - debug version of packmp3c with jojpeg
* [PA-1716] - .pa: wav compression step at extreme changes (optimization for better compression)
* [PA-1724] - remove admin requirement from portable installer
* [PA-1734] - modern/ribbon ui: ctrl+L should close archive
* [PA-1738] - change default compression level to Normal for PA and Zip formats when creating new compression profile
* [PA-1741] - Associate .scs files with PowerArchiver for extraction - PA already opens it
* [PA-1742] - tab in ftp should go from username to password
* [PA-1744] - when we select pro user interface in first screen, PA should use office icons in modern toolbar
* [PA-1746] - sfx wizard: first archive folder should be my documents
* [PA-1751] - update 7z.dll’s to latest versions
* [PA-1756] - Add Set as default SFX buttons to Make EXE option
* [PA-1700] - new MSI setups for 2018 with built in offline help files
* [PA-1731] - PA Mount shell extension asks for PAVD2017 instead of PAVD2018
** New Feature
* [PA-858] - add special .wav mode for optimized fast to improve compression by 25%
* [PA-1135] - (pa2018) implement new mp3 codec with jpeg compression (album art) for ultra and extreme modes
* [PA-495] - SFX Wizard dialog improvements - improvements and text cut off
* [PA-778] - Backup Tab: Icons missing for custom skin
* [PA-868] - SFX Wizard: password protection not working
* [PA-1018] - Default compression should be Normal when creating PA compression profile?
* [PA-1627] - Unmount VD moves to PowerArchiver shell submenu instead of staying in main
* [PA-1639] - Cannot CTRL V into main PA extract window password prompt
* [PA-1687] - FTP entrance fields Tab order not correct
* [PA-1722] - new MSI version installer asks to run PA 2017 instead of 2018
* [PA-1723] - Offline Help does not appear in MSI version
* [PA-1727] - Backup tab icons show modern icons when original selected
* [PA-1728] - Favorites dialog does not save column sizes
* [PA-1729] - Compress & Encrypt option does not work properly
* [PA-1730] - Remove .zip extension from PAE2 filename when using Compress & Encrypt
* [PA-1736] - Compression profiles not working in Converter and Batch tools
* [PA-1737] - Span size dropdown empty for PA format in Config>Compression profiles
* [PA-1739] - Virtual Drive: Mount/Unmount shell options issues
* [PA-1740] - Filters not working in Backup and main PA
* [PA-1745] - sfx wizard: creating password protected archives
* [PA-1749] - Portable: cannot register with unicode letters in name
* [PA-1750] - Full path location always used even when relative checked
* [PA-1754] - SFX Wizard: Default unzip to folder dropdown is empty
* [PA-1755] - Extra dialog in SFX wizard before compression begins
Release Notes - PowerArchiver - Version 18.00.53
* [PA-1679] - create lepton with -validate built in
* [PA-1735] - restore window size too wide
* [PA-1743] - Add Skin selection to the first config window
* [PA-1747] - checkout creates invalid shortcut to exe file
* [PA-1759] - 18.00.50: pabackup.exe always in english
* [PA-1760] - changes for the nag screen
* [PA-1757] - Remove X from “New Tab” marker
* [PA-1762] - PA does not extract ISO via shell - works via main PA
* [PA-1765] - Label56 shows in backup when skins used
- Changes and updates based on first official release - PA 2018 18.00.48.
- There was security vulnerability reported in 7z and fixed few weeks ago. This specific issue was due to unrar implementation and has not impacted PowerArchiver since we use our own unrar code. We have updated 7z.dll’s for other improvements and fixes nevertheless.
- Some usability improvements from .48, for instance restore window size.
- Lots of small improvements to Modern UI including new features and shortcuts overhaul.
- You can now save default settings in Make SFX and SFX Maker.
Thanks to everyone for testing!
Original forum thread:
This post is deleted!
@Alpha-Testers updated with build .56… Patchbeam will be available in few hours, details have been updated above. Thank you for your feedback!
Thank You :D
@Alpha-Testers small update to .57… thank you!