PA2023 Win10, (same problem with older releases but never reported)
PA Soft is installed on partition D. (exclusive for installed progs)
Then I created on my partition G: the folders as configured in PA Settings ‘Folders’.
0fcf1b09-1b91-4b74-b250-f8cf908a3348-Ashampoo_Snap_maandag 20 maart 2023_11h54m34s.png
Screenshot 2023-03-20 121152.png
The problem : Any activity on PA is saved in these folders…
PA ignores them and still use the default settings. Whats wrong ? Regards, Pirrbe
I am still using Powerarchiver 2022 and it does not show pdf markups in the preview. Is there a setting to get version 2022 to show pdf markups in the preview? If not, does this work in version 2023?
The question that I have about PA archives is what happens if say ConeXware, as a company, dies in the future? What happens to any PA files that are created today? Can these files be decompressed with a copy of a PowerArchiver that can no longer phone home to the mothership thus can’t be registered or activated?
I mean, I can understand that new PA files wouldn’t be able to be created if the program isn’t registered but what about an un-registered copy because well, the question that I posed above?
It’s questions like this that make me not want to store anything really valuable in PA files out of fear that I, at some point in the future, might lose access to said data inside those files. OK, 7ZIP might not be able to compress as heavily as PA but at least it’s open source and any 7ZIP files will still be able to be read and decompressed ten, twenty, or fifty years from now.
For some reason, the PowerArchiver functions in the Windows 11 context menu no longer work after the last Windows Update. Only the functions in the classic context menu function as they should.
I’ve tried uninstalling PowerArchiver and using RevoUninstaller to remove all bits and pieces that were left behind and did a clean install of PowerArchiver, it didn’t fix the issue. Other items in the Windows 11 context menu work.
Is this a known problem? Is there a fix coming? This is a primary reason I buy PA.
I’ve tried both methods I know to extract multiple zips at the same time. 1) Multi Extract feature in the GUI. 2) In Windows File Explorer, select multiple zips, right click, use PA context menu to Extract or Extract To…
Is there a setting I missed? Or maybe it really is processing in parallel, but I can’t detect it? Nothing tells me in the Processes in Task Manager that multiple PA extracts are running. And my CPU, memory and disk resources do not look like a lot of extracts are running.
I’m using PA 2022 Standard version 21.00.18 on Windows 11 Pro version 10.0.22621 Build 22621.
In the latest version of PA, on W11 (latest build/SP) when you try to use the first level context menu - NOTHING HAPPENS (particularly when you do this from Downloads or Documents folders) - however I noticed that it DOES WORK when you use the context menu from the Desktop. Going to the second level context menu does work however.
PA 2023 22.00.08
Long time no seeing. So I start up the new year with a first problem : the virtual driver cannot be installed. Reason : it is missing in the Fast Ring PatchBeam Update Service…
Virtual driver PA 2023-01-28 152607.png
It seems a standard problem with new releases :-)
Can I have a link or can it be fixed. Thank you. CU later
Hi there, been a user since 13 years now and in past whenever I had a problem or question I could email, however since 3 weeks it seems like everybody is dead?
Anyway, as kind of a last resort, I post this email a 4th time but in this forum instead now, in the hope for help:
"This is the 3rd time I am emailing you guys as I am missing a working code for the preview of Power Archiver 2023
Can you please help me? I am a 13 years lasting customer of yours, and I am shocked thatr for whatever reason my support tickets are ignored now, why?
thanks in advance!
All the best!
Re: Explorer.exe Crash on right click
This appears to be happening again with the Power Archiver 2022 shell extensions.
When I have Use Explorer Shell Extensions enabled in Power Archiver Configuration and right-click on c:\Users\username\Start Menu, (hidden Junction file), File Explorer crashes.
I have version 21.00.15 (03/2022) 64-bit installed in Windows 10 Version 21H2 (Build 19044.1826).
When the function for testing archives is invoked via the shell context menu (PowerArchiver > Test) then all the files in the archive get extracted to the current folder.
The test dialog reports as many errors as there are files in the archive but it fails to give any hint as to which files are supposed to be erroneous or what the nature of the problem might be. Comparing the extracted files to the originals shows no differences at all.
The .7z in question was produced with maximised compression settings in 7zip (taking forever but resulting in smaller archives than .7z produced by PowerArchiver with maximised settings). Therefore I wanted to see whether PowerArchiver can at least test .7z that it produced itself. Hence I had PowerArchiver convert a .pa with the same contents to .7z. There weren’t any errors reported but the resulting .7z contained fewer than half of the files contained in the .pa (137 of 366), so I scratched that test.
Performance is abysmal when testing via the context menu (e.g. almost 2 minutes for testing a .7z that 7zip tests in 4 seconds), but that is most likely due to the fact that the extracted files are written to disk. Testing the same .7z in the PowerArchiver GUI takes only 8 seconds but causes the mysterious appearance of a UAC dialog, as reported elsewhere.
The testing function is vital because PowerArchiver has a history of producing archives that it cannot unpack without errors or that do not conform to the respective file format standards (e.g. ZIP) so that other programs report them as erroneous.
The point of creating archives is that the files in them will most likely have to be extracted at some point. If the extraction cannot be guaranteed to produce correct results then the whole program is absolutely pointless. Actually, worse than pointless - it causes data loss and hence damage.
Fast Ring: PowerArchiver 2018 18.00.41/43/44/45/46/48
New version: PowerArchiver 2018 18.00.41/43/44/45/46/48
Download Windows Installer: https://powerarchiver.cachefly.net/2018/powarc180048.exe
Download Portable Installer: https://powerarchiver.cachefly.net/2018/powarcportable180048.exe
Release Notes - PowerArchiver - Version 18.00.41
* [PA-1529] - explorer file list - use full refresh instead of smart
* [PA-1569] - CD burning at 8x, more speeds (other than 48x thats default)
* [PA-1577] - modern/ribbon ui: add button enabled when no archive open
* [PA-1578] - expand ftp profiles screen
* [PA-1589] - modern/ribbon ui: force office icons for rest of the interface
* [PA-1590] - remove & from tab in backup in translations
* [PA-1592] - update preview mode icon
* [PA-1594] - modern/ribbon ui: translate help dropdown
* [PA-1602] - ftp: extend folder dropdown to max height, resize with window size?
* [PA-1604] - ftp: set default timeout to 300
* [PA-1607] - ftp: show entering default folder cmd from profile and error if it does not work
* [PA-1608] - ftp: add help button that goes to default ftp help page for more info for users
* [PA-1609] - ftp: changing protocol in toolbar should update port as well
* [PA-1611] - set minimum size for PA main window
* [PA-1612] - ftp: queue window improvements
* [PA-1621] - enterprise install: remove toolbar customization options when ftp/burner/etc are hidden
* [PA-1630] - new icons for queue
* [PA-1633] - add more buttons to office skin
* [PA-1635] - ftp: add larger icon options (24/32px) to the ftp queue toolbar
* [PA-1636] - add hints to left explorer bar buttons
* [PA-1643] - disable 2 row toolbar on archive and explorer bars
* [PA-1591] - build new setup for PA 2017 x86 with updated shell extensions
* [PA-1593] - create portable x86 and x64 versions of PowerArchiver 2018
** New Feature
* [PA-1564] - improved modern/ribbon look, new features, icons
* [PA-1519] - Add New Tab option to modern interface
* [PA-1556] - small aligment issue in add window
* [PA-1557] - FTP: PA not responding when D&D files from FTP in 34
* [PA-1573] - cant exit ftp mode without disconnecting first
* [PA-1576] - burn files interface: text not aligned
* [PA-1579] - modern: preview button does not show as turned on when PA first started
* [PA-1580] - Align buttons in Backup final screen
* [PA-1581] - Backup: scheduling options screen alignement
* [PA-1582] - Set minimum window size for Backup
* [PA-1585] - Access Violation error appears when clicking Burn in Audio Burner
* [PA-1586] - Modern: View tab dropdowns do not show any checkmarks
* [PA-1601] - ftp: if we turn off passive mode, we cant turn it on again
* [PA-1610] - issues with deflate64 checkbox
* [PA-1613] - ftp: overwriting files does not work
* [PA-1615] - ftp: queue has internal limit of 1000 files
* [PA-1616] - modern/ribbon ui: ftp, backup startup in maximized mode - start in non-maximized state and then maximize
* [PA-1617] - ftp: serverselector starts empty, does not populate server info. Profile dropdown works.
* [PA-1622] - ftp: resizing right ftp panel, icons drop to 2nd row
* [PA-1623] - ftp: passive button does not save set for specific profile after we restart PA
* [PA-1624] - ftp: main toolbar, make port edit box smaller
* [PA-1625] - ftp: Passive hint has & inside
* [PA-1626] - Config: extend text string in shell section
* [PA-1631] - Button text does not fit in some buttons in config of French version
* [PA-1632] - a dropdown in German version config, overlaps text just a bit
* [PA-1634] - Config: extend text string in shell section just a bit more
* [PA-1638] - Cannot double click to open PA format file when previewing it in main PA
Release Notes - PowerArchiver - Version 18.00.43
* [PA-1654] - add “office” skin icon for folders in folders bar
* [PA-1655] - modern ui: explorer mode does not stay in modern if we restart PA
* [PA-1660] - disable 2nd row for left panel toolbar in explorer mode
* [PA-1663] - new icon for backup mode (office skin)
* [PA-996] - No start button in Virtual Drive >DVD to ISO
* [PA-1218] - Image burner throws AV error on Burn button when no drive
* [PA-1349] - 2018 - DVD to ISO is not showing DVD drive - in VD app
* [PA-1393] - burner: AVs with wrong settings
* [PA-1552] - text missing in virtual drive (…restart)
* [PA-1603] - explorer mode: left panel toolbar icons dissapear during resize
* [PA-1628] - VD: create drive on restart text incomplete
* [PA-1644] - progress text hidden in extract progress bar when using skins
* [PA-1650] - Portable: Paburntools not registered
* [PA-1651] - Portable and Main PA versions use the same settings
* [PA-1656] - if we turn on “use explorer only inside archive” with folders bar, it leaves folders bar populated with folders (instead of empty)
* [PA-1658] - turn off “use explorer only in archives” and main listview does not update with contents of the hdd, only folders bar
* [PA-1662] - Modern changes to Classic when changing from burner tab down to Explorer tab
Release Notes - PowerArchiver - Version 18.00.44
* [PA-1673] - portable: use office icons in modern for rest of the interface
* [PA-1674] - separation line showing in toolbar for unregistered PA
* [PA-1504] - updated translation files (.pas)
* [PA-1595] - check ftp timeout and startup folder
* [PA-993] - FTP does not connect when manually inputing protocols over profile settings
* [PA-1409] - specific zipx profile does not work
* [PA-1510] - Converting encrypted PA archives does not work
* [PA-1669] - French version: Text does not fit in buttons in nag and registration screen
* [PA-1675] - troubleshoot online activation on certain computers
Release Notes - PowerArchiver - Version 18.00.45
* [PA-1587] - fix & showing in backup (&online) in german translation
* [PA-1598] - add ability to paste into ftp connection fields
* [PA-1688] - return of the yellow icon for main PA and shell to mark “gold” release of 2018
* [PA-1588] - copy and paste via keyboard (ctrl+c/v) do not work in modern toolbar interface
* [PA-1646] - .pa format: compatibility between 2017 and 2018 jpeg compression
* [PA-1657] - modern ui: ctrl+c, ctrl+v do not work in archive mode
* [PA-1671] - PowerArchiver 2017 still shows in start menu after updating to 2018 (Windows 7 and before)
* [PA-1676] - online/offline registration in internal build .44
Release Notes - PowerArchiver - Version 18.00.46
* [PA-1678] - patchbeam improvement: use both full and patch updates, depending on version user has
* [PA-1691] - updated images for first config window
* [PA-1694] - update translations to latest versions
Release Notes - PowerArchiver - Version 18.00.48
* [PA-1713] - .pa format: lepton and lepton2 update
* [PA-1714] - .pa format: add rep1 to the wav compression step
* [PA-1718] - config: skin listing has & in name
* [PA-1692] - office icons shown twice in config: interface skin selection
* [PA-1693] - first config screen text cut off
* [PA-1698] - Unknown Button in customize classic toolbar menu
* [PA-1702] - Pasting in explorer mode via CTRL + V pastes twice
* [PA-1704] - modern toolbar: changing option in config, PA restarts in classic toolbar
* [PA-1705] - PA resets to Classic with Office icons every time config options are changed and OK’d in Modern interface
* [PA-1706] - Highlight Archives color is always white
* [PA-1709] - Modern Toolbar is cut off in Windows 7/8 when starting PA maximized
* [PA-1710] - Find Archives progress text does not appear correctly
* [PA-1711] - Password policies length goes into negatives in config settings
* [PA-1712] - Modern ribbon APPDATE information creates folder with bad name
- More updates to the FTP Client.
- New Portable installation, first for PA 2018.
- Fix for Dvd to Iso functionality
- Modern UI improved.
- Start of Patchbeam Updates (full installer not needed every time).
- Better handling of PA 2017 old installation shortcuts and program group.
- Reworked how ctrl+c/v are implemented in new interface, now it works everywhere properly.
- Compatibility between PA 2017 and PA 2018 lepton .jpg compression.
- Updated translations
- Improved update system for the future versions (will use patches or full installer depending on installed version).
- Improvements to .pa format
- Important fix for Modern Toolbar on Win7/8
- Various smaller fixes
- Other smaller changes and updates, on the road to the 2018 Final release.
@Alpha-Testers updated with latest build at top - 18.00.43… more info to come later. Thanks!
Also PAVD has been updated and is available via Patchbeam. It has fix for disc to image (.ISO) functionality.
In the build 18.00.43. In the “configuration options”, “Auto Update”/“Plugins” not working. If i click on, there is nothing.
Which part exactly is not working and how? We would like to be able to reproduce so that we may fix it.
See Uploaded Images.
When I click on “Auto Update” or “Plugins” menu, there is nothing.
Thanks for posting the pictures @ffm76600
I see that you are using the Portable version and I think those options aren’t available there, I will check.
The non portable, main version, will have those options active.
Were you attempting to use the main or portable versions?
Thanks for letting us know so that we can fix/improve it.
Thanks for answers :slightly_smiling_face: .
Yes I use the portable version and i confirm “Auto Update” and “Plugins” options are active in the main version.
@Alpha-Testers bump for version .44… it is going to be on PB in 30m or so…
@Alpha-Testers Built .45 is up, will be on PB in next 10 minutes… updated Whats New in first post. Thank you!
@Alpha-Testers updated to .46, up on Patchbeam now… Whats New listed in first post. Thanks!
@Alpha-Testers updated to .48 via Patchbeam, all changes in the Whats New above.