W10 Pro 22H2 - 64 -bit
PA 22.00.06 (PA 2023)
It has been the case with previous versions of PowerArchiver, but I had hoped that the latest might behave differently. Not so, I’m afraid.
I have, for various obscure reasons, created a few .pa archives, mainly in the hope that they will save me some more space. From time to time, I use the “Test” option to check that important archives are OK and uncorrupted.
With every .pa archive I’ve tested, the process runs through OK but then reports that there are errors. This is always the number of files in the archive e.g. if 11 files, then 11 errors reported.
In the .pa, I can:-preview the files (usually PDF) extract some or all files and look at or use them convert the .pa to a .zip or .zipx archive, which then works fine and tests without errors
Is it the case that the Test routine isn’t designed for .pa archives, or is there another reason? Although the .pa seems to function properly, despite the test reporting errors, I would like to be sure that every .pa is OK and not “broken”.
Some of the .pas are quite old and produced with earlier PA versions (they are truly “archives”). If I extract all the files in the old .pa, create a new, fresh .pa and add back the files to that, then test the new, no errors (at least in the .pa I’ve tried this on) are reported. This would suggest a mismatch between old .pas and newer versions of PA itself.
Dear @Alpha-Testers and all of our users,
time has come for testing of PowerArchiver and PACL for macOS.
Please let us know here if you have Mac and can test latest builds.
PowerArchiver 2020 - tabbing, opening, extracting, adding, testing, favorite folders, support for multiple languages, opening via Finder, explorer mode, installer.
PACL 10 - support for most formats and features in Windows version.
Upcoming: Tools such as archive converter, batch zip, multi-extract.
To start testing, please sign up here in this thread, and we will send you latest build.
Ashampoo_Snap_Wednesday, November 20, 2019_12h54m56s_008_.png Ashampoo_Snap_Wednesday, November 20, 2019_12h55m05s_009_.png Ashampoo_Snap_Wednesday, November 20, 2019_12h55m14s_010_.png Ashampoo_Snap_Wednesday, November 20, 2019_12h55m30s_011_.png Ashampoo_Snap_Wednesday, November 20, 2019_12h55m39s_012_.png Ashampoo_Snap_Wednesday, November 20, 2019_12h55m49s_013_.png Ashampoo_Snap_Wednesday, November 20, 2019_12h56m00s_014_.png Ashampoo_Snap_Wednesday, November 20, 2019_12h54m43s_007_.png
For some reason, the PowerArchiver functions in the Windows 11 context menu no longer work after the last Windows Update. Only the functions in the classic context menu function as they should.
I’ve tried uninstalling PowerArchiver and using RevoUninstaller to remove all bits and pieces that were left behind and did a clean install of PowerArchiver, it didn’t fix the issue. Other items in the Windows 11 context menu work.
I installed powarc-macos20001.dmg and I am attempting to create a password protected zip file. When I create the zip in the UI it doesn’t write the file to the destination folder. No error message is displayed. The PA app has full folder permission. I’m new to Mac, but have been running PA on Windows for a long time.
Will there be a new version of the Mac version soon?
Hi! I came across an issue when I tried to uninstall PowerArch 2013. I got an error “The specified account already exists” which broke the process. I got the same error when I tried to install the current version, without uninstalling the previous one.
So I can’t uninstall and I can’t install PowerArchiver. Any suggestions? OS Windows 8.1 x64.
This appears to be happening again with the Power Archiver 2022 shell extensions.
When I have Use Explorer Shell Extensions enabled in Power Archiver Configuration and right-click on c:\Users\username\Start Menu, (hidden Junction file), File Explorer crashes.
I have version 21.00.15 (03/2022) 64-bit installed in Windows 10 Version 21H2 (Build 19044.1826).
The online update feature within the program suggests there is a later version than the ‘.17’ available on the web site. But clicking either download or update just reinstalls version .17.
Either there isn’t an update OR
the “download” and 'update" links should be repaired.
Fast Ring: PowerArchiver 2018 18.00.37
New version: PowerArchiver 2018 18.00.37 - Release Candidate 1.
Release Notes - PowerArchiver - Version 17.00.37
* [PA-1247] - File Wiping for Move option
* [PA-1486] - Blue Tools Icons on dark skins
* [PA-1496] - modern/ribbon: add icons for file, send menus under file
* [PA-1521] - improve tools icons at 125dpi and black skin
* [PA-1540] - add Use Deflate&64 compression checkbox in main add screen for ZIP
* [PA-1549] - change tab name after renaming archive
* [PA-1550] - add burn audio cd help page
** New Feature
* [PA-142] - New navbar instead of dropdown (ftp, etc)
* [PA-1567] - modern/ribbon ui: maximized window state not saved on restart
* [PA-1571] - Ability to add files to Zip container formats
* [PA-408] - no shortcut on FTP text in toolbar
* [PA-424] - Uploading Files and folders together to FTP, stalls PA
* [PA-955] - ftp left panel: sort by date, folders and files sorted together
* [PA-1124] - Compress w Options disappears when less than 2 shell options selected
* [PA-1249] - reset to default, go to ftp and then explorer tab, ftp window stays
* [PA-1402] - FTP Queue section does not show properly after Set to Defaults
* [PA-1408] - cannot download via D&D in FTP
* [PA-1508] - multiple checkboxes with checked state in ftp protocol dropdown
* [PA-1522] - Optimized Zipx archives with encryption not finishing compression
* [PA-1523] - aligment of controls in add window
* [PA-1524] - FTP: FTP stays checked when logging into SFTP site
* [PA-1525] - move Select Font button slightly to the right
* [PA-1526] - specific tgz file cant be listed inside PA
* [PA-1527] - tabing in burner mode does not move properly
* [PA-1528] - file explorer in archive and explorer tab: focus on file list by default (when browsing hdd)
* [PA-1531] - PA 2018 program group says 2017 in windows 7
* [PA-1535] - Update text in converter
* [PA-1536] - Compress & Email shell option not working for archive filenames w/ unicode characters
* [PA-1539] - Font button cutoff in configuration
* [PA-1541] - PowerArchiver does not install for all users
* [PA-1545] - FTP: PA Not responding after a few transfers
* [PA-1546] - FTP: PA freezes when overwriting files downloaded from FTP
* [PA-1547] - FTP: Overwrite dialog appears for each file when Overwrite all is selected
* [PA-1548] - FTP: Cannot D&D files to download
* [PA-1551] - when preview window off, PA default startup folder file list empty
* [PA-1553] - error when closing PA after cloud config used
* [PA-1555] - archive mode, explorer view, if we add 2 new tabs, we have to close all 3 in order to see explorer hdd again
* [PA-1565] - Exception Einvalidpointer erro appears whenever accesing cloud config
* [PA-1572] - modern: preview icon under view turns off preview, instead of on
* [PA-1574] - issue with encrypted file with aes and ultra/extreme with specific settings
* [PA-1575] - burn image icon with bad transparency in toolbar
* [PA-1583] - Customize Toolbar does not show a burn icon correctly in dark skin
- Overhauled Modern/Ribbon with new icons, new file menu and fixed several issues. Full interface now has same office colorful type icons that work much better across various possible DPI ranges. For best checking out, first use Toolbar Skins> Office and then change to Modern (will be fixed in the future).
- Much improved PDF handling with keyboard and mouse, as well as when changing the size of preview window. It has become a very usable and fast PDF preview tool on its own right.
- Reworked FTP internals, much better handling when downloading many files via queue. Updated security (openssl) components.
- Added wiping of files when moving them, according to your settings in Config.
- Added ability to disable Deflate64 compression in Ultra and Extreme modes (ZIP compression), for compatibility with older Windows software as well as Windows XP.
- Updated translations for several languages.
- Smaller installer changes.
- Various smaller graphic and other issues as well as other reported issues.
Got this message when I tried to install this build. Very odd as the last build was installed properly.
Restarted my computer and then I was able to install it.
@luxor i think you didnt restart it last time, so in registry it found entries for shell extensions to updating during next restart.
i think you didnt restart it last time
Possible, but my computer has been closed down and restarted a few times since. That should cover that shouldn’t it?
apparently it found something that was left to do from old install? In any case, lets see if it happens again, but it is a normal installer feature, not something we do on our own end. Thanks!
A one-off hopefully.