Download this ZIP file: http://dslstats.me.uk/files/dslstats32W-6.5.zip
Everything in the ZIP file is in a directory “dslstats32W-6.5”.
However when I extract using right click “Extract Here” the name of the directory created is “2W-6.5” !
I am running PA 22.00.09 on Windows 11. I have seen the same happen with some other kinds of archive too.
If I compress a folder to a .pa using right click, Compress to folder.pa and use the new Windows 11 menu then the Options, Configuration, Miscellaneous, Use normal relative path setting is always enabled.
But I like this option disabled so I have to use the old style menu in order to get PA to compress a folder in the way I wish.
Just tried using the Modern (Windows 10) Icon set and seeing a few missing icons in both PowerArchiver Burner and PowerArchiver Encryption screens . They are all there in the Minimalistik icon set and the only difference I can see is the former is blue and the latter grey. In version 22.00.9
there were some security issues fixed in 7zip:
As it seems, that PowerArchiver and PACL use the 7zip libraries, could you please update them to the latest version?
I noticed that the version of ZPAQ used is older than the latest released 7.15 https://mattmahoney.net/dc/zpaq.html also there seems to be a newer fork that adds several features https://github.com/fcorbelli/zpaqfranz
It would be useful to implement this latest version (it also maintains the same syntax and behavior as the latest official release if used the -715 flag) and add when opening a zpaq file a choice of the version of the files to show (e.g. as dummy folders represented the various versions present). Since any previous changes are stored with this format, it is possible to extract a snapshot of a certain date/version.
If I open a password-protected zipper file (created with WinRAR but I think that’s irrelevant), open it with PowerArchiver and run “Remove Encryption” on the same file, then reopen it and add a password with “Encrypt Archive,” the resulting archive will be protected with the old ZipCrypto algorithm and not AES as indicated.
(this can be verified, for example, by trying to open the archive files with Windows Explorer, which does not support the AES algorithm)
PA 21.00.18 running on Windows 7 64 bit.
I made a big .PA file and thought I’d check it was made correctly with Menu / Actions / Test.
a) PA always issues a UAC prompt to do this!
b) PA always says there are many errors in PA files.
Fast Ring: PowerArchiver 2018 18.00.37
New version: PowerArchiver 2018 18.00.37 - Release Candidate 1.
Release Notes - PowerArchiver - Version 17.00.37
* [PA-1247] - File Wiping for Move option
* [PA-1486] - Blue Tools Icons on dark skins
* [PA-1496] - modern/ribbon: add icons for file, send menus under file
* [PA-1521] - improve tools icons at 125dpi and black skin
* [PA-1540] - add Use Deflate&64 compression checkbox in main add screen for ZIP
* [PA-1549] - change tab name after renaming archive
* [PA-1550] - add burn audio cd help page
** New Feature
* [PA-142] - New navbar instead of dropdown (ftp, etc)
* [PA-1567] - modern/ribbon ui: maximized window state not saved on restart
* [PA-1571] - Ability to add files to Zip container formats
* [PA-408] - no shortcut on FTP text in toolbar
* [PA-424] - Uploading Files and folders together to FTP, stalls PA
* [PA-955] - ftp left panel: sort by date, folders and files sorted together
* [PA-1124] - Compress w Options disappears when less than 2 shell options selected
* [PA-1249] - reset to default, go to ftp and then explorer tab, ftp window stays
* [PA-1402] - FTP Queue section does not show properly after Set to Defaults
* [PA-1408] - cannot download via D&D in FTP
* [PA-1508] - multiple checkboxes with checked state in ftp protocol dropdown
* [PA-1522] - Optimized Zipx archives with encryption not finishing compression
* [PA-1523] - aligment of controls in add window
* [PA-1524] - FTP: FTP stays checked when logging into SFTP site
* [PA-1525] - move Select Font button slightly to the right
* [PA-1526] - specific tgz file cant be listed inside PA
* [PA-1527] - tabing in burner mode does not move properly
* [PA-1528] - file explorer in archive and explorer tab: focus on file list by default (when browsing hdd)
* [PA-1531] - PA 2018 program group says 2017 in windows 7
* [PA-1535] - Update text in converter
* [PA-1536] - Compress & Email shell option not working for archive filenames w/ unicode characters
* [PA-1539] - Font button cutoff in configuration
* [PA-1541] - PowerArchiver does not install for all users
* [PA-1545] - FTP: PA Not responding after a few transfers
* [PA-1546] - FTP: PA freezes when overwriting files downloaded from FTP
* [PA-1547] - FTP: Overwrite dialog appears for each file when Overwrite all is selected
* [PA-1548] - FTP: Cannot D&D files to download
* [PA-1551] - when preview window off, PA default startup folder file list empty
* [PA-1553] - error when closing PA after cloud config used
* [PA-1555] - archive mode, explorer view, if we add 2 new tabs, we have to close all 3 in order to see explorer hdd again
* [PA-1565] - Exception Einvalidpointer erro appears whenever accesing cloud config
* [PA-1572] - modern: preview icon under view turns off preview, instead of on
* [PA-1574] - issue with encrypted file with aes and ultra/extreme with specific settings
* [PA-1575] - burn image icon with bad transparency in toolbar
* [PA-1583] - Customize Toolbar does not show a burn icon correctly in dark skin
- Overhauled Modern/Ribbon with new icons, new file menu and fixed several issues. Full interface now has same office colorful type icons that work much better across various possible DPI ranges. For best checking out, first use Toolbar Skins> Office and then change to Modern (will be fixed in the future).
- Much improved PDF handling with keyboard and mouse, as well as when changing the size of preview window. It has become a very usable and fast PDF preview tool on its own right.
- Reworked FTP internals, much better handling when downloading many files via queue. Updated security (openssl) components.
- Added wiping of files when moving them, according to your settings in Config.
- Added ability to disable Deflate64 compression in Ultra and Extreme modes (ZIP compression), for compatibility with older Windows software as well as Windows XP.
- Updated translations for several languages.
- Smaller installer changes.
- Various smaller graphic and other issues as well as other reported issues.
Got this message when I tried to install this build. Very odd as the last build was installed properly.
Restarted my computer and then I was able to install it.
@luxor i think you didnt restart it last time, so in registry it found entries for shell extensions to updating during next restart.
i think you didnt restart it last time
Possible, but my computer has been closed down and restarted a few times since. That should cover that shouldn’t it?
apparently it found something that was left to do from old install? In any case, lets see if it happens again, but it is a normal installer feature, not something we do on our own end. Thanks!
A one-off hopefully.