This appears to be happening again with the Power Archiver 2022 shell extensions.
When I have Use Explorer Shell Extensions enabled in Power Archiver Configuration and right-click on c:\Users\username\Start Menu, (hidden Junction file), File Explorer crashes.
I have version 21.00.15 (03/2022) 64-bit installed in Windows 10 Version 21H2 (Build 19044.1826).
The online update feature within the program suggests there is a later version than the ‘.17’ available on the web site. But clicking either download or update just reinstalls version .17.
Either there isn’t an update OR
the “download” and 'update" links should be repaired.
When you click on the Buy Now link, you come across four tabs - Home or Work, Enterprise Unlimited, Educational Discount, & Gift Discount.
What is the difference between a licence purchased via Gift Discount and a Home/Work licence?
Also, how can I renew the PowerArchiver Select plan a year after the purchase? Will it remind me automatically?
I’m running PA 21.00.17 64-bit on a 64-bit i7 desktop with W10 Pro, latest version. This 32gb of installed RAM.
As I use the PA pbs system for a number of scheduled archiving operations throughout the day, PA Starter is set to load and run at system startup.
In the course of trying to identify some causes of slowness and bottlenecks in other processes, I notice that PA Starter (PAS) always runs at between 11% and 15% of CPU (see screenshot), usually at about 12-13%. This is by far the highest demanding process on the system, as shown by Task Manager. In Performance Monitor, PAS Average CPU is 8.32, with every other process at less that 1 i.e. in decimal places only.
Task Manager also shows PAS Power Usage as “Very High”, and is the only process shown thus.
I have looked again at the information about PAS at https://wiki.powerarchiver.com/en:help:details:powerarchiver_starter, which was last modified in 2016. The article states a low memory usage for PAS of 784k, which is fair enough, but it is the large CPU overhead which is of concern.
It is of course possible to change the PAS priority, but this has no effect on CPU overhead.
However, is it possible to change PAS, which is required only at intervals to initiate PA scheduled tasks, from consuming so much system resource for every moment of the day?
I’m experiencing very slow extraction speed of multipart RAR files. For the first part the extraction is super fast but when PA reaches the part2.rar the extraction from there on gets super slow. PA needed for a 6,3 GB multipart archive 30 minutes to extract. I tested then with another program and it just took 70 seconds. I had this slow extraction speed with PA for quite a long time and I always thought that is maybe because of a high compression rate that the extraction would take longer. But it seems that only PA gets that slow.
I have lots of multipart archives that are 10+ GB and with PA it would be really time consuming. Is there any solution to this?
Hi. The “Move” Action seems to be Not Working when used in the Tool – Batch Archive.
Using the Options – Configuration – Compression Profiles ---- I created a Profile with the Action of Move. Also set were Zip, and Method Deflate.
When I use the Tool - Batch Archive – It appears to me that the Action Move does not Move the compressed files (basically add to zip, and delete the added file from original location on the same disk). Zip file(s) are created and look ok.
Typically I on the Batch Archive process – I have selected options to use a Profile with the Move Action.File’s Current Folder Group files from same folder into same archive Add subfolders to separate archives
My PowerArchiver version is 21.00.17 .
Can you reproduce ? – Or do you need additional details or information?
i just registered my own copy and i need some help to set it…
if i set the ‘configuration>shell extension>open folder after extracting’ checkbox, after decompress an archive is opened the file manager on that folder but… if somebody is using a different file manager how to open XYplorer or Directory Opus for example and NOT the MS file manager?
consider this as a feature request also if not available within the 2022 version
I am looking for a way to stop the UAC elevation prompt when running Powerarchiver. In an old post about PA 2019, someone asked this and got a response to uncheck “all users” at the prompt but I am not seeing where one can do this. It definitely seems like the way to go though as if I click on “More Details” at the prompt I see that it is trying to run “_pautil.exe /paassociate /allusers /my(long binary string)”. Can you let me know? Thanks.
PS I tried renaming _pautil.exe and this worked, but I don’t know what the consequence of doing this may be so I would like to do this properly, thanks.
Just a question is Ashampoo zip pro 4 built by Powerrachiver as it is very similar and uses the pae encryption.
Here is the email…
On Tue, Jun 7, 2022 at 1:20 PM Rich DiBenedetto firstname.lastname@example.org wrote:
Could you assist me with this?
Can I use my current licenses with MacOS?
If not, can I transfer a license to MacOS?
Cheers and Have a Great Day,
On Wed, Dec 9, 2020 at 6:35 AM ConeXware, Inc. email@example.com wrote:
Dear Richard DiBenedetto,
Thank you for supporting PowerArchiver! Please find your activation and registration codes below.
*** Online Activation ***
PowerArchiver Select for PowerArchiver Toolbox English - LIFETIME
is valid until - not limited.
Activation Code: ***
There would be many of us with Intel Processors.
and they have their own optimized zlib algorithm, which can result in more efficiency if used combined with their hardware processor.
Can we get the same Functionality Under Hardware Acceleration Feature?
Zlib is not the only feature that intel has included with their processor, there’s many, which if combined can result in efficient and better compression ratios.
With PowerArchiver context menu enabled, it is crashing Windows 10 File Explorer when right-clicking on the Default User junction in C:\Users. Had 2021 installed, updated to today’s 2022, still getting same crash. Must have Hidden files and folders set to Show, and Hide protected operating system files cleared in File Explorer Options|View.
Windows 10 Enterprise Version 21H2 (OS Build 19044.1708) (64-bit)
PowerArchiver 2022 Version: 21.00.15 (03/2022) 64-bit
PowerArchiver Toolbox Edition Personal English
Disabling PowerArchiver context menu using Autoruns: on the Explorer tab, uncheck PowerArchiver64 under HKLM\Software\Classes\Folders\ShellEx\ContextMenuHandlers and the crash does not happen.
Fast Ring: PowerArchiver 2018 18.00.37
New version: PowerArchiver 2018 18.00.37 - Release Candidate 1.
Release Notes - PowerArchiver - Version 17.00.37
* [PA-1247] - File Wiping for Move option
* [PA-1486] - Blue Tools Icons on dark skins
* [PA-1496] - modern/ribbon: add icons for file, send menus under file
* [PA-1521] - improve tools icons at 125dpi and black skin
* [PA-1540] - add Use Deflate&64 compression checkbox in main add screen for ZIP
* [PA-1549] - change tab name after renaming archive
* [PA-1550] - add burn audio cd help page
** New Feature
* [PA-142] - New navbar instead of dropdown (ftp, etc)
* [PA-1567] - modern/ribbon ui: maximized window state not saved on restart
* [PA-1571] - Ability to add files to Zip container formats
* [PA-408] - no shortcut on FTP text in toolbar
* [PA-424] - Uploading Files and folders together to FTP, stalls PA
* [PA-955] - ftp left panel: sort by date, folders and files sorted together
* [PA-1124] - Compress w Options disappears when less than 2 shell options selected
* [PA-1249] - reset to default, go to ftp and then explorer tab, ftp window stays
* [PA-1402] - FTP Queue section does not show properly after Set to Defaults
* [PA-1408] - cannot download via D&D in FTP
* [PA-1508] - multiple checkboxes with checked state in ftp protocol dropdown
* [PA-1522] - Optimized Zipx archives with encryption not finishing compression
* [PA-1523] - aligment of controls in add window
* [PA-1524] - FTP: FTP stays checked when logging into SFTP site
* [PA-1525] - move Select Font button slightly to the right
* [PA-1526] - specific tgz file cant be listed inside PA
* [PA-1527] - tabing in burner mode does not move properly
* [PA-1528] - file explorer in archive and explorer tab: focus on file list by default (when browsing hdd)
* [PA-1531] - PA 2018 program group says 2017 in windows 7
* [PA-1535] - Update text in converter
* [PA-1536] - Compress & Email shell option not working for archive filenames w/ unicode characters
* [PA-1539] - Font button cutoff in configuration
* [PA-1541] - PowerArchiver does not install for all users
* [PA-1545] - FTP: PA Not responding after a few transfers
* [PA-1546] - FTP: PA freezes when overwriting files downloaded from FTP
* [PA-1547] - FTP: Overwrite dialog appears for each file when Overwrite all is selected
* [PA-1548] - FTP: Cannot D&D files to download
* [PA-1551] - when preview window off, PA default startup folder file list empty
* [PA-1553] - error when closing PA after cloud config used
* [PA-1555] - archive mode, explorer view, if we add 2 new tabs, we have to close all 3 in order to see explorer hdd again
* [PA-1565] - Exception Einvalidpointer erro appears whenever accesing cloud config
* [PA-1572] - modern: preview icon under view turns off preview, instead of on
* [PA-1574] - issue with encrypted file with aes and ultra/extreme with specific settings
* [PA-1575] - burn image icon with bad transparency in toolbar
* [PA-1583] - Customize Toolbar does not show a burn icon correctly in dark skin
- Overhauled Modern/Ribbon with new icons, new file menu and fixed several issues. Full interface now has same office colorful type icons that work much better across various possible DPI ranges. For best checking out, first use Toolbar Skins> Office and then change to Modern (will be fixed in the future).
- Much improved PDF handling with keyboard and mouse, as well as when changing the size of preview window. It has become a very usable and fast PDF preview tool on its own right.
- Reworked FTP internals, much better handling when downloading many files via queue. Updated security (openssl) components.
- Added wiping of files when moving them, according to your settings in Config.
- Added ability to disable Deflate64 compression in Ultra and Extreme modes (ZIP compression), for compatibility with older Windows software as well as Windows XP.
- Updated translations for several languages.
- Smaller installer changes.
- Various smaller graphic and other issues as well as other reported issues.
Got this message when I tried to install this build. Very odd as the last build was installed properly.
Restarted my computer and then I was able to install it.
@luxor i think you didnt restart it last time, so in registry it found entries for shell extensions to updating during next restart.
i think you didnt restart it last time
Possible, but my computer has been closed down and restarted a few times since. That should cover that shouldn’t it?
apparently it found something that was left to do from old install? In any case, lets see if it happens again, but it is a normal installer feature, not something we do on our own end. Thanks!
A one-off hopefully.