This appears to be happening again with the Power Archiver 2022 shell extensions.
When I have Use Explorer Shell Extensions enabled in Power Archiver Configuration and right-click on c:\Users\username\Start Menu, (hidden Junction file), File Explorer crashes.
I have version 21.00.15 (03/2022) 64-bit installed in Windows 10 Version 21H2 (Build 19044.1826).
The online update feature within the program suggests there is a later version than the ‘.17’ available on the web site. But clicking either download or update just reinstalls version .17.
Either there isn’t an update OR
the “download” and 'update" links should be repaired.
When you click on the Buy Now link, you come across four tabs - Home or Work, Enterprise Unlimited, Educational Discount, & Gift Discount.
What is the difference between a licence purchased via Gift Discount and a Home/Work licence?
Also, how can I renew the PowerArchiver Select plan a year after the purchase? Will it remind me automatically?
I’m running PA 21.00.17 64-bit on a 64-bit i7 desktop with W10 Pro, latest version. This 32gb of installed RAM.
As I use the PA pbs system for a number of scheduled archiving operations throughout the day, PA Starter is set to load and run at system startup.
In the course of trying to identify some causes of slowness and bottlenecks in other processes, I notice that PA Starter (PAS) always runs at between 11% and 15% of CPU (see screenshot), usually at about 12-13%. This is by far the highest demanding process on the system, as shown by Task Manager. In Performance Monitor, PAS Average CPU is 8.32, with every other process at less that 1 i.e. in decimal places only.
Task Manager also shows PAS Power Usage as “Very High”, and is the only process shown thus.
I have looked again at the information about PAS at https://wiki.powerarchiver.com/en:help:details:powerarchiver_starter, which was last modified in 2016. The article states a low memory usage for PAS of 784k, which is fair enough, but it is the large CPU overhead which is of concern.
It is of course possible to change the PAS priority, but this has no effect on CPU overhead.
However, is it possible to change PAS, which is required only at intervals to initiate PA scheduled tasks, from consuming so much system resource for every moment of the day?
I’m experiencing very slow extraction speed of multipart RAR files. For the first part the extraction is super fast but when PA reaches the part2.rar the extraction from there on gets super slow. PA needed for a 6,3 GB multipart archive 30 minutes to extract. I tested then with another program and it just took 70 seconds. I had this slow extraction speed with PA for quite a long time and I always thought that is maybe because of a high compression rate that the extraction would take longer. But it seems that only PA gets that slow.
I have lots of multipart archives that are 10+ GB and with PA it would be really time consuming. Is there any solution to this?
Hi. The “Move” Action seems to be Not Working when used in the Tool – Batch Archive.
Using the Options – Configuration – Compression Profiles ---- I created a Profile with the Action of Move. Also set were Zip, and Method Deflate.
When I use the Tool - Batch Archive – It appears to me that the Action Move does not Move the compressed files (basically add to zip, and delete the added file from original location on the same disk). Zip file(s) are created and look ok.
Typically I on the Batch Archive process – I have selected options to use a Profile with the Move Action.File’s Current Folder Group files from same folder into same archive Add subfolders to separate archives
My PowerArchiver version is 21.00.17 .
Can you reproduce ? – Or do you need additional details or information?
i just registered my own copy and i need some help to set it…
if i set the ‘configuration>shell extension>open folder after extracting’ checkbox, after decompress an archive is opened the file manager on that folder but… if somebody is using a different file manager how to open XYplorer or Directory Opus for example and NOT the MS file manager?
consider this as a feature request also if not available within the 2022 version
I am looking for a way to stop the UAC elevation prompt when running Powerarchiver. In an old post about PA 2019, someone asked this and got a response to uncheck “all users” at the prompt but I am not seeing where one can do this. It definitely seems like the way to go though as if I click on “More Details” at the prompt I see that it is trying to run “_pautil.exe /paassociate /allusers /my(long binary string)”. Can you let me know? Thanks.
PS I tried renaming _pautil.exe and this worked, but I don’t know what the consequence of doing this may be so I would like to do this properly, thanks.
Just a question is Ashampoo zip pro 4 built by Powerrachiver as it is very similar and uses the pae encryption.
Here is the email…
On Tue, Jun 7, 2022 at 1:20 PM Rich DiBenedetto email@example.com wrote:
Could you assist me with this?
Can I use my current licenses with MacOS?
If not, can I transfer a license to MacOS?
Cheers and Have a Great Day,
On Wed, Dec 9, 2020 at 6:35 AM ConeXware, Inc. firstname.lastname@example.org wrote:
Dear Richard DiBenedetto,
Thank you for supporting PowerArchiver! Please find your activation and registration codes below.
*** Online Activation ***
PowerArchiver Select for PowerArchiver Toolbox English - LIFETIME
is valid until - not limited.
Activation Code: ***
There would be many of us with Intel Processors.
and they have their own optimized zlib algorithm, which can result in more efficiency if used combined with their hardware processor.
Can we get the same Functionality Under Hardware Acceleration Feature?
Zlib is not the only feature that intel has included with their processor, there’s many, which if combined can result in efficient and better compression ratios.
With PowerArchiver context menu enabled, it is crashing Windows 10 File Explorer when right-clicking on the Default User junction in C:\Users. Had 2021 installed, updated to today’s 2022, still getting same crash. Must have Hidden files and folders set to Show, and Hide protected operating system files cleared in File Explorer Options|View.
Windows 10 Enterprise Version 21H2 (OS Build 19044.1708) (64-bit)
PowerArchiver 2022 Version: 21.00.15 (03/2022) 64-bit
PowerArchiver Toolbox Edition Personal English
Disabling PowerArchiver context menu using Autoruns: on the Explorer tab, uncheck PowerArchiver64 under HKLM\Software\Classes\Folders\ShellEx\ContextMenuHandlers and the crash does not happen.
Fast Ring: PowerArchiver 2018 18.00.31/32
New version: PowerArchiver 2018 18.00.32 - BETA 2.
Release Notes - PowerArchiver - Version 18.00.31
* [PA-1317] - zip: cant extract specific file, either long filename or special characters
* [PA-1441] - show compress with options even if compress to zip is disabled
* [PA-1451] - Ask to save edited file in archive when PA is closed on X or Exit
* [PA-1453] - Ask to save edited files in archive: add Yes to All, No to All to the prompt
* [PA-1459] - change join tool icon in all icon sets for classic toolbar
* [PA-1462] - Detect encryption when adding files to encrypted archives
* [PA-1466] - comment panel - save options (position, size, minimized)
* [PA-1468] - install tool blocks PA when 2nd file run
* [PA-1469] - creating new archive - changing to zipx methods does not change extension
* [PA-1472] - “notification platform not available” error at PA startup
* [PA-1473] - disable moving of log window
* [PA-1480] - use maximum for default zip shell extension profile
* [PA-1495] - user\roaming has ribbon sdk folders for each PA app. Move them to roaming\Conexware?
* [PA-1498] - add support for password manager use when adding new files to the archive
* [PA-1499] - support shell extensions in onedrive folder
* [PA-977] - comment button missing when using toolbar skins
* [PA-1058] - Interface not shown correctly after closing archive
* [PA-1124] - Compress w Options disappears when less than 2 shell options selected
* [PA-1181] - 170103 throws AV error when extracting and compressing PA format via shell in XP
* [PA-1254] - encrypt files screen overlapping buttons at 125dpi, even when maximized
* [PA-1260] - archive view with folders: startup filelist empty window
* [PA-1280] - preview: click on file 2nd time, error shows
* [PA-1286] - (PA 2018) Queue does not work?
* [PA-1307] - explorer mode: close archive in right panel and it will not show files on disk anymore
* [PA-1341] - PA and 7Z formats throw AV error when compressing files on WinXP and Win7 x86 systems
* [PA-1355] - navigating file list by letter, pa shows AV
* [PA-1359] - - preview: click on file 2nd time, error shows
* [PA-1370] - closing on ftp tab, command prompt window appears on next PA start
* [PA-1423] - preview set to None by default for supported file types
* [PA-1430] - PA Crashes when clicking Open Button and browsing HDD
* [PA-1434] - opening several archives after each other and access violation shows at exit
* [PA-1437] - PA freezes when switching tabs and PDF in preview
* [PA-1445] - when toolbar aligned to the bottom, 1. config align to the top, 2. reset defaults do not work
* [PA-1447] - config> ftp> connection, Explorer text cut off
* [PA-1450] - right click on file in archive, Open With> Chose program does not work
* [PA-1455] - ZIPX archives throw InvalidPointer error after using Archive Comments
* [PA-1456] - “Show comments when opening archive” does not show comments when opening archive
* [PA-1457] - File format extension (zip/zipx) does not change accordingly in add window
* [PA-1460] - Remember checked options in Checkout dialog
* [PA-1461] - No comfirmation dialog when updating file inside archive
* [PA-1463] - Expand comment box in main PA
* [PA-1464] - updating file inside archive, clicking on PA window X
* [PA-1470] - Enc. password security status shows incorrectly when entering password
* [PA-1474] - Password security policies text not fully showing
* [PA-1475] - Detected encrypted file asks for password again
* [PA-1477] - Archive comment expansion not reset in .reg
* [PA-1482] - 2018 PA Cloud download/upload progress bar says 2017
* [PA-1488] - 1st character select does not always work
* [PA-1489] - select buttons in config does not work
* [PA-1490] - PPM(password manager) not saving/reading password correctly for ZIP - issue when updating
* [PA-1491] - Batch Tool: Add files/folders buttons show in progress dialog during compression
* [PA-1492] - password profile password is visible during creation of profile
* [PA-1497] - Batch: Browse button still shows in progress dialog
* [PA-1500] - archive to ftp to explorer mode, small ftp window shows up
* [PA-1501] - in modern toolbar, ftp, burner, backup modes: language list empty under options, select language
* [PA-1502] - ftp disconnect button sometimes missing from the toolbar
Release Notes - PowerArchiver - Version 18.00.32
* [PA-1513] - add new tab option to new button dropdown
* [PA-1515] - add dots to folder button in locations config
* [PA-1516] - set minimum size for favorites folder, move options button one pixel to the left
* [PA-1503] - explorer mode: files and folders mixed up
* [PA-1508] - multiple checkboxes with checked state in ftp protocol dropdown
* [PA-1511] - aligment issue in about box
* [PA-1512] - right align proxy info
* [PA-1517] - Button overlap in Favorites dialog when window size reduced
* [PA-1518] - Browse buttons in config missing “…”
- Implemented better comments support - ZIP comments are now better supported in 2018 with nice new comment window.
- Support for editing archives inside archives - You can now edit and save changes in archives inside archives. So open up an ZIP file with ZIP file inside and it will open up in a new tab, and you will be able to edit and save changes to files inside (works on all supported formats)
- Better archive updating support - Updating multiple archives in multiple tabs now works better.
- Updated Lepton/jpeg engine - Lepton team solved some issues with certain non-standard jpeg images, implemented latest version in PA format (thanks!).
- Smarter handling of encrypted archives - Better/Smarter adding/updating/working with files inside encrypted archives when advanced features such as password manager, password profiles are used as well as easier updating of encrypted archives in general.
- Solved several AV’s related to the interface - Solved all reported AV’s and exceptions related to the interface.
- Better support for Windows XP shell - Solved several issues with compressing/extracting from PA and 7z files in Windows XP via Windows Explorer (Shell). Overall rewrote shell support for all systems for better stability.
- Other Improvements and Fixes - Various other fixes, overall 57 issues closed. <a href=“https://forums.powerarchiver.com/topic/5879/fast-ring-powerarchiver-2018-18-00-23” target=“_blank”>For the full list go to our forums.
- Better sorting between files and folders in file lists in PowerArchiver (build .32)
Thanks for reporting issues, from now on, please report them all into independent threads on our Tech support section:
@Alpha-Testers build 18.00.32 fixed several smaller issues and one important one - displaying files and folders together in external file lists and explorer modes. This now works perfectly. Thank you!