Powerarchiver 2021 20.00.73
Windows 10 Education 10.0.19042 Build 19042
When extracting gcc-arm-10.2-2020.11-mingw-w64-i686-arm-none-linux-gnueabihf.tar.xz , Powerarchiver wrongly thinks some .exe files have a length of zero:
Once extracted:D:\Temp\Powerarchiver\gcc-arm-10.2-2020.11-mingw-w64-i686-arm-none-linux-gnueabihf\bin>dir *.exe Volume in drive D is DATA Volume Serial Number is 0E12-BCA2 Directory of D:\Temp\Powerarchiver\gcc-arm-10.2-2020.11-mingw-w64-i686-arm-none-linux-gnueabihf\bin 2020-11-20 07:10 PM 1,391,599 arm-none-linux-gnueabihf-addr2line.exe 2020-11-20 07:10 PM 0 arm-none-linux-gnueabihf-ar.exe 2020-11-20 07:10 PM 0 arm-none-linux-gnueabihf-as.exe 2020-11-20 07:41 PM 3,030,119 arm-none-linux-gnueabihf-c++.exe 2020-11-20 07:10 PM 1,389,293 arm-none-linux-gnueabihf-c++filt.exe 2020-11-20 07:41 PM 3,027,513 arm-none-linux-gnueabihf-cpp.exe 2020-11-20 07:10 PM 4,040,503 arm-none-linux-gnueabihf-dwp.exe 2020-11-20 07:10 PM 391,769 arm-none-linux-gnueabihf-elfedit.exe 2020-11-20 07:41 PM 0 arm-none-linux-gnueabihf-g++.exe 2020-11-20 07:41 PM 3,026,926 arm-none-linux-gnueabihf-gcc-10.2.1.exe 2020-11-20 07:41 PM 609,607 arm-none-linux-gnueabihf-gcc-ar.exe 2020-11-20 07:41 PM 609,607 arm-none-linux-gnueabihf-gcc-nm.exe 2020-11-20 07:41 PM 609,607 arm-none-linux-gnueabihf-gcc-ranlib.exe 2020-11-20 07:41 PM 0 arm-none-linux-gnueabihf-gcc.exe 2020-11-20 07:41 PM 2,165,533 arm-none-linux-gnueabihf-gcov-dump.exe 2020-11-20 07:41 PM 2,343,605 arm-none-linux-gnueabihf-gcov-tool.exe 2020-11-20 07:41 PM 2,450,233 arm-none-linux-gnueabihf-gcov.exe 2020-11-20 07:54 PM 9,605,899 arm-none-linux-gnueabihf-gdb.exe 2020-11-20 07:41 PM 3,028,997 arm-none-linux-gnueabihf-gfortran.exe 2020-11-20 07:10 PM 1,412,943 arm-none-linux-gnueabihf-gprof.exe 2020-11-20 07:10 PM 0 arm-none-linux-gnueabihf-ld.bfd.exe 2020-11-20 07:10 PM 0 arm-none-linux-gnueabihf-ld.exe 2020-11-20 07:10 PM 0 arm-none-linux-gnueabihf-ld.gold.exe 2020-11-20 07:41 PM 25,546,567 arm-none-linux-gnueabihf-lto-dump.exe 2020-11-20 07:10 PM 0 arm-none-linux-gnueabihf-nm.exe 2020-11-20 07:10 PM 0 arm-none-linux-gnueabihf-objcopy.exe 2020-11-20 07:10 PM 0 arm-none-linux-gnueabihf-objdump.exe 2020-11-20 07:10 PM 0 arm-none-linux-gnueabihf-ranlib.exe 2020-11-20 07:10 PM 0 arm-none-linux-gnueabihf-readelf.exe 2020-11-20 07:10 PM 1,393,083 arm-none-linux-gnueabihf-size.exe 2020-11-20 07:10 PM 1,392,464 arm-none-linux-gnueabihf-strings.exe 2020-11-20 07:10 PM 0 arm-none-linux-gnueabihf-strip.exe 32 File(s) 67,465,867 bytes 0 Dir(s) 1,002,422,431,744 bytes free
When the same archive is being extracted from a git bash session (after having installed git 2.30.1 for Windows 64 bit version from git-scm.com), the .exe files are extracted as expected:xz -k -d gcc-arm-10.2-2020.11-mingw-w64-i686-arm-none-linux-gnueabihf.tar.xz tar xf gcc-arm-10.2-2020.11-mingw-w64-i686-arm-none-linux-gnueabihf.tar cd gcc-arm-10.2-2020.11-mingw-w64-i686-arm-none-linux-gnueabihf/bin ll *.exe -rwxr-xr-x 1 User 197121 1391599 Nov 20 19:10 arm-none-linux-gnueabihf-addr2line.exe* -rwxr-xr-x 2 User 197121 1421598 Nov 20 19:10 arm-none-linux-gnueabihf-ar.exe* -rwxr-xr-x 2 User 197121 2028927 Nov 20 19:10 arm-none-linux-gnueabihf-as.exe* -rwxr-xr-x 2 User 197121 3030119 Nov 20 19:41 arm-none-linux-gnueabihf-c++.exe* -rwxr-xr-x 1 User 197121 1389293 Nov 20 19:10 arm-none-linux-gnueabihf-c++filt.exe* -rwxr-xr-x 1 User 197121 3027513 Nov 20 19:41 arm-none-linux-gnueabihf-cpp.exe* -rwxr-xr-x 1 User 197121 4040503 Nov 20 19:10 arm-none-linux-gnueabihf-dwp.exe* -rwxr-xr-x 1 User 197121 391769 Nov 20 19:10 arm-none-linux-gnueabihf-elfedit.exe* -rwxr-xr-x 2 User 197121 3030119 Nov 20 19:41 arm-none-linux-gnueabihf-g++.exe* -rwxr-xr-x 2 User 197121 3026926 Nov 20 19:41 arm-none-linux-gnueabihf-gcc-10.2.1.exe* -rwxr-xr-x 1 User 197121 609607 Nov 20 19:41 arm-none-linux-gnueabihf-gcc-ar.exe* -rwxr-xr-x 1 User 197121 609607 Nov 20 19:41 arm-none-linux-gnueabihf-gcc-nm.exe* -rwxr-xr-x 1 User 197121 609607 Nov 20 19:41 arm-none-linux-gnueabihf-gcc-ranlib.exe* -rwxr-xr-x 2 User 197121 3026926 Nov 20 19:41 arm-none-linux-gnueabihf-gcc.exe* -rwxr-xr-x 1 User 197121 2165533 Nov 20 19:41 arm-none-linux-gnueabihf-gcov-dump.exe* -rwxr-xr-x 1 User 197121 2343605 Nov 20 19:41 arm-none-linux-gnueabihf-gcov-tool.exe* -rwxr-xr-x 1 User 197121 2450233 Nov 20 19:41 arm-none-linux-gnueabihf-gcov.exe* -rwxr-xr-x 1 User 197121 9605899 Nov 20 19:54 arm-none-linux-gnueabihf-gdb.exe* -rwxr-xr-x 1 User 197121 3028997 Nov 20 19:41 arm-none-linux-gnueabihf-gfortran.exe* -rwxr-xr-x 1 User 197121 1412943 Nov 20 19:10 arm-none-linux-gnueabihf-gprof.exe* -rwxr-xr-x 4 User 197121 2572182 Nov 20 19:10 arm-none-linux-gnueabihf-ld.bfd.exe* -rwxr-xr-x 4 User 197121 2572182 Nov 20 19:10 arm-none-linux-gnueabihf-ld.exe* -rwxr-xr-x 2 User 197121 4550029 Nov 20 19:10 arm-none-linux-gnueabihf-ld.gold.exe* -rwxr-xr-x 1 User 197121 25546567 Nov 20 19:41 arm-none-linux-gnueabihf-lto-dump.exe* -rwxr-xr-x 2 User 197121 1404945 Nov 20 19:10 arm-none-linux-gnueabihf-nm.exe* -rwxr-xr-x 2 User 197121 1531656 Nov 20 19:10 arm-none-linux-gnueabihf-objcopy.exe* -rwxr-xr-x 2 User 197121 1991350 Nov 20 19:10 arm-none-linux-gnueabihf-objdump.exe* -rwxr-xr-x 2 User 197121 1421598 Nov 20 19:10 arm-none-linux-gnueabihf-ranlib.exe* -rwxr-xr-x 2 User 197121 1163376 Nov 20 19:10 arm-none-linux-gnueabihf-readelf.exe* -rwxr-xr-x 1 User 197121 1393083 Nov 20 19:10 arm-none-linux-gnueabihf-size.exe* -rwxr-xr-x 1 User 197121 1392464 Nov 20 19:10 arm-none-linux-gnueabihf-strings.exe* -rwxr-xr-x 2 User 197121 1531656 Nov 20 19:10 arm-none-linux-gnueabihf-strip.exe*
The same archive file does extract properly under a native Linux Ubuntu 20.04 system, or under Windows 10 using the WSL2 Linux subsystem using xz and tar.
I just saw, that on the Website, PowerArchiver 2021 20.00.73 is advertised as latest version. (Actually, the downloaded version says, it’s 20.00.70 in the about dialog)
But it still comes with the “red icon set” for preview versions and has some known unfixed bugs, as I read here.
Is it sufficiently stable to be used on production systems?
Hi I recently bought PowerArchiver and found some bugs and issues that I hit testing some of the features out.
If you are doing a backup and on the compression options screen its default is compression format is PA with no option to change disk spanning. If you change to 7-zip you can change disk spanning. If you change the disk spanning then move back to PA format the field for disk spanning disables but the option stays set to what you changed it to. When you do a backup it will use PA with files spanning but PowerArchiver says that its not a valid format when you open it. If PA can’t really do file spanning then this screen is allowing it.
I have attached an image where the progress bar is in the middle of the CD/DVD/BD Tools screen.
I have a 7-Zip file I created using the backup tools doing an increment backup. It opens and extracts just fine but if you using the Test option PowerArchiver locks up. Link to file: Backup-2021-02-05-20-35-36 TEST LOCKUP.7z
On any Zip/PA/7-Zip process the pause and cancel buttons do not work. You have to hard kill the entire application to get out.
There would be many of us with Intel Processors.
and they have their own optimized zlib algorithm, which can result in more efficiency if used combined with their hardware processor.
Can we get the same Functionality Under Hardware Acceleration Feature?
Zlib is not the only feature that intel has included with their processor, there’s many, which if combined can result in efficient and better compression ratios.
After the batch archiving is complete, and if I click on whitespace of the PA app, I get this error.
I did check for ongoing process and ensured no archives were corrupt, It seems like activity did complete successfully but the error is shown for no reason, and only after clicking the whitespace.
Please see if this can be removed.
I’m using the Kaspersky Total Security.
I have configured PA as exclusion as followed:
and also is set us trusted application
PA Trusted Application.png
My Antivirus likes to scan for everything, and it’s safeguarding behavior is to prevent the access to the file until the file is properly scanned for.
PA when losses the access to file, it is stuck, consumes Resources, and never completes the process or throws any error
PAStarter should also work as PAMonitor:
There should be a monitoring process, at least if I’m using queuing feature, that should check for never ending compression processes and terminate them so the queue can be little bit automated.
There should be multiple attempts at retrying if PA loses access to or is denied, instead of having to see process was stuck for longer duration.
Or, better, save the parameters I used for keeping the files in compression, and automatically restart the whole compression process after termination the same, of same folders and files set, this should happen in case if compression was stuck.
If you use Queue Feature, you are not saving on space, you are just squeezing less.
I did test the same on multiple files, and of different types.
It does have large difference for each large file you are trying to squeeze.
Folders with multiple files, just have no benefits if you use Queue Feature
I am using the portable version of PA2021. After switching from build 58 to 73 I have problems with the color-scheme:
While 58 behaves like expected and showed everything in light or dark colors according to the settings, 73 always shows the lower part of the window in dark colors, no matter whether I select automatic, light or dark.
This happens on a clean installation of 73 as well as on an update from build 58. I have attached two images generated on the same machine at the same time with the same settings. The upper shows build 73, the lower 58. Is it a bug or some changed setting I miss?
Thanks for help!
I currently own the PowerArchiver Select - lifetime free upgrades and support for PowerArchiver Toolbox English license.
This license is active on 1 device. Does the license allow me to activate PowerArchiver on a second device that I own? Or do I need a separate license for that?
Thank you ! :)
I’ve been dealing with an intermittent explorer.exe crash for 5-6 years now. It happens randomly and will usually occur multiple times within a single session of an hour or two on my machine when manipulating files through Windows Explorer. explorer.exe is the only thing that ever crashes, so it’s not hardware IMO. I’ve done all hardware diagnostics and RAM is good. I’ve even swapped out motherboards with different brand and even the exact same one and it still crashes. sfc /scannow indicates system files are fine. I’ve done multiple reinstalls of the OS with no positive results. This crashing has happened on Windows 7 64-bit and Windows 10 64-bit. It seemed to get more frequent with Windows 10 after upgrading last year. I’ve also been using PowerArchiver throughout that time period (upgrading over time with new releases). I recently disabled all non-Microsoft extensions via ShellExView and saw no crashes for about 10 days, which is really unusual. I turned back them all back on after 10 days and saw another explorer.exe crash within the hour. So I disabled all 32-bit extensions and saw another crash. Following that I disabled all the PowerArchiver shell extensions and haven’t seen a crash after a day of heavy usage manipulating files within Windows Explorer, which doesn’t happen for me. The crash dumps I’ve captured don’t seem to indicate PowerArchiver is involved but I have a hunch it has something do with PowerArchiver shell extensions. The system even feels smoother with the PA extensions disabled. Windows 10 reliability monitor always has the same type of problem:Description Faulting Application Path: C:\WINDOWS\explorer.exe Problem signature Problem Event Name: BEX64 Application Name: explorer.exe Application Version: 10.0.17134.165 Application Timestamp: 4031a9f8 Fault Module Name: StackHash_e78e Fault Module Version: 0.0.0.0 Fault Module Timestamp: 00000000 Exception Offset: PCH_8D_FROM_ntdll+0x000000000009AA54 Exception Code: c0000005 Exception Data: 0000000000000008 OS Version: 10.0.17220.127.116.11.256.48 Locale ID: 1033 Additional Information 1: e78e Additional Information 2: e78e327659b46c9a0c6916396b253cbf Additional Information 3: cebf Additional Information 4: cebf952c5db535ae7880488aafce55d9 Extra information about the problem Bucket ID: 1a57e4e784fbc735c231c68bd88581a9 (1311047270476906921)
I know this is a very nebulous explanation but is there any way to link this up to PA shell extensions as the cause? I can provide the crash dumps and additional information if necessary.
Converting an archive to .zip (using both the “Deflate (.zip, compatible)” and “Store” compression methods) always creates a .zipx file instead.
Using the “Store” method sometimes creates a .zip file; I have seen it happen just now, but I cannot reproduce it.
Fast Ring: PowerArchiver 2018 18.00.31/32
New version: PowerArchiver 2018 18.00.32 - BETA 2.
Release Notes - PowerArchiver - Version 18.00.31
* [PA-1317] - zip: cant extract specific file, either long filename or special characters
* [PA-1441] - show compress with options even if compress to zip is disabled
* [PA-1451] - Ask to save edited file in archive when PA is closed on X or Exit
* [PA-1453] - Ask to save edited files in archive: add Yes to All, No to All to the prompt
* [PA-1459] - change join tool icon in all icon sets for classic toolbar
* [PA-1462] - Detect encryption when adding files to encrypted archives
* [PA-1466] - comment panel - save options (position, size, minimized)
* [PA-1468] - install tool blocks PA when 2nd file run
* [PA-1469] - creating new archive - changing to zipx methods does not change extension
* [PA-1472] - “notification platform not available” error at PA startup
* [PA-1473] - disable moving of log window
* [PA-1480] - use maximum for default zip shell extension profile
* [PA-1495] - user\roaming has ribbon sdk folders for each PA app. Move them to roaming\Conexware?
* [PA-1498] - add support for password manager use when adding new files to the archive
* [PA-1499] - support shell extensions in onedrive folder
* [PA-977] - comment button missing when using toolbar skins
* [PA-1058] - Interface not shown correctly after closing archive
* [PA-1124] - Compress w Options disappears when less than 2 shell options selected
* [PA-1181] - 170103 throws AV error when extracting and compressing PA format via shell in XP
* [PA-1254] - encrypt files screen overlapping buttons at 125dpi, even when maximized
* [PA-1260] - archive view with folders: startup filelist empty window
* [PA-1280] - preview: click on file 2nd time, error shows
* [PA-1286] - (PA 2018) Queue does not work?
* [PA-1307] - explorer mode: close archive in right panel and it will not show files on disk anymore
* [PA-1341] - PA and 7Z formats throw AV error when compressing files on WinXP and Win7 x86 systems
* [PA-1355] - navigating file list by letter, pa shows AV
* [PA-1359] - - preview: click on file 2nd time, error shows
* [PA-1370] - closing on ftp tab, command prompt window appears on next PA start
* [PA-1423] - preview set to None by default for supported file types
* [PA-1430] - PA Crashes when clicking Open Button and browsing HDD
* [PA-1434] - opening several archives after each other and access violation shows at exit
* [PA-1437] - PA freezes when switching tabs and PDF in preview
* [PA-1445] - when toolbar aligned to the bottom, 1. config align to the top, 2. reset defaults do not work
* [PA-1447] - config> ftp> connection, Explorer text cut off
* [PA-1450] - right click on file in archive, Open With> Chose program does not work
* [PA-1455] - ZIPX archives throw InvalidPointer error after using Archive Comments
* [PA-1456] - “Show comments when opening archive” does not show comments when opening archive
* [PA-1457] - File format extension (zip/zipx) does not change accordingly in add window
* [PA-1460] - Remember checked options in Checkout dialog
* [PA-1461] - No comfirmation dialog when updating file inside archive
* [PA-1463] - Expand comment box in main PA
* [PA-1464] - updating file inside archive, clicking on PA window X
* [PA-1470] - Enc. password security status shows incorrectly when entering password
* [PA-1474] - Password security policies text not fully showing
* [PA-1475] - Detected encrypted file asks for password again
* [PA-1477] - Archive comment expansion not reset in .reg
* [PA-1482] - 2018 PA Cloud download/upload progress bar says 2017
* [PA-1488] - 1st character select does not always work
* [PA-1489] - select buttons in config does not work
* [PA-1490] - PPM(password manager) not saving/reading password correctly for ZIP - issue when updating
* [PA-1491] - Batch Tool: Add files/folders buttons show in progress dialog during compression
* [PA-1492] - password profile password is visible during creation of profile
* [PA-1497] - Batch: Browse button still shows in progress dialog
* [PA-1500] - archive to ftp to explorer mode, small ftp window shows up
* [PA-1501] - in modern toolbar, ftp, burner, backup modes: language list empty under options, select language
* [PA-1502] - ftp disconnect button sometimes missing from the toolbar
Release Notes - PowerArchiver - Version 18.00.32
* [PA-1513] - add new tab option to new button dropdown
* [PA-1515] - add dots to folder button in locations config
* [PA-1516] - set minimum size for favorites folder, move options button one pixel to the left
* [PA-1503] - explorer mode: files and folders mixed up
* [PA-1508] - multiple checkboxes with checked state in ftp protocol dropdown
* [PA-1511] - aligment issue in about box
* [PA-1512] - right align proxy info
* [PA-1517] - Button overlap in Favorites dialog when window size reduced
* [PA-1518] - Browse buttons in config missing “…”
- Implemented better comments support - ZIP comments are now better supported in 2018 with nice new comment window.
- Support for editing archives inside archives - You can now edit and save changes in archives inside archives. So open up an ZIP file with ZIP file inside and it will open up in a new tab, and you will be able to edit and save changes to files inside (works on all supported formats)
- Better archive updating support - Updating multiple archives in multiple tabs now works better.
- Updated Lepton/jpeg engine - Lepton team solved some issues with certain non-standard jpeg images, implemented latest version in PA format (thanks!).
- Smarter handling of encrypted archives - Better/Smarter adding/updating/working with files inside encrypted archives when advanced features such as password manager, password profiles are used as well as easier updating of encrypted archives in general.
- Solved several AV’s related to the interface - Solved all reported AV’s and exceptions related to the interface.
- Better support for Windows XP shell - Solved several issues with compressing/extracting from PA and 7z files in Windows XP via Windows Explorer (Shell). Overall rewrote shell support for all systems for better stability.
- Other Improvements and Fixes - Various other fixes, overall 57 issues closed. <a href=“https://forums.powerarchiver.com/topic/5879/fast-ring-powerarchiver-2018-18-00-23” target="_blank">For the full list go to our forums.
- Better sorting between files and folders in file lists in PowerArchiver (build .32)
Thanks for reporting issues, from now on, please report them all into independent threads on our Tech support section:
@Alpha-Testers build 18.00.32 fixed several smaller issues and one important one - displaying files and folders together in external file lists and explorer modes. This now works perfectly. Thank you!