Download this ZIP file: http://dslstats.me.uk/files/dslstats32W-6.5.zip
Everything in the ZIP file is in a directory “dslstats32W-6.5”.
However when I extract using right click “Extract Here” the name of the directory created is “2W-6.5” !
I am running PA 22.00.09 on Windows 11. I have seen the same happen with some other kinds of archive too.
If I compress a folder to a .pa using right click, Compress to folder.pa and use the new Windows 11 menu then the Options, Configuration, Miscellaneous, Use normal relative path setting is always enabled.
But I like this option disabled so I have to use the old style menu in order to get PA to compress a folder in the way I wish.
Just tried using the Modern (Windows 10) Icon set and seeing a few missing icons in both PowerArchiver Burner and PowerArchiver Encryption screens . They are all there in the Minimalistik icon set and the only difference I can see is the former is blue and the latter grey. In version 22.00.9
there were some security issues fixed in 7zip:
As it seems, that PowerArchiver and PACL use the 7zip libraries, could you please update them to the latest version?
I noticed that the version of ZPAQ used is older than the latest released 7.15 https://mattmahoney.net/dc/zpaq.html also there seems to be a newer fork that adds several features https://github.com/fcorbelli/zpaqfranz
It would be useful to implement this latest version (it also maintains the same syntax and behavior as the latest official release if used the -715 flag) and add when opening a zpaq file a choice of the version of the files to show (e.g. as dummy folders represented the various versions present). Since any previous changes are stored with this format, it is possible to extract a snapshot of a certain date/version.
If I open a password-protected zipper file (created with WinRAR but I think that’s irrelevant), open it with PowerArchiver and run “Remove Encryption” on the same file, then reopen it and add a password with “Encrypt Archive,” the resulting archive will be protected with the old ZipCrypto algorithm and not AES as indicated.
(this can be verified, for example, by trying to open the archive files with Windows Explorer, which does not support the AES algorithm)
PA 21.00.18 running on Windows 7 64 bit.
I made a big .PA file and thought I’d check it was made correctly with Menu / Actions / Test.
a) PA always issues a UAC prompt to do this!
b) PA always says there are many errors in PA files.
Solved PowerArchiver 2017 Modified Date Auto Changes
Ok, this bug actually behaves more like a virus running inside PowerArchiver and it has me feeling unsettled.
Garbled Asian text
but wait there’s more… move to another open app like Vivaldi, back to PA 2017 and it’s semi fixed itself!
I can hear The X-Files music playing LOL
My Windows 10 Pro x64 setup is set to 125% DPI with Windows10 DPI Fix 2.2 installed which may affects this but not really sure. I prefer Windows 8.1 scaling
@ckit we had similar case with one user few months ago, but it was due to some windows update. He had foreign language Win10, so we tried with that and still did not reproduce here… then he just refreshed/reset his Win10 and it all went back.
So dont fix it! We will try to influence it from our side. Thanks!
@ckit bwt, what country format is your windows set to? Might be related to how dates are displayed and then some unicode issue shows up (unicode has all the chars, hence the “chinese”)… on my windows it is shown as 5/18/2017.
it is not that simple i guess :)
Windows10 DPI Fix 2.2
is the Windows itself English build or some other language?
According to the ENG submenu next to the Tray area, I’m using English (Australia) US Keyboard but also have English (United States) US Keyboard beneath it.
Ok, Massive Breakthrough!!! Setting English (United States) US Keyboard as Default fixes the problem but I’m still going back to English (Australia) and customising the Short Date format
it is not that simple i guess :)
Oh yea, I’m guilty of messing with the Short date format in Windows so that it is a word instead of a number. Australians prefer Day - Month - Year but Americans prefer Month - Day - Year and on a numbers basis it’s a nightmare!!! So I went and fixed it
This post is deleted!
can you send us your .reg file, maybe settings will help us reproduce the issue… thanks!
reproduced it, it’s due to the short date format.
occurs when changing the short date format to show day via letters instead of numbers
thanks for the details! nice one! :)
I had high hopes the new Win10 KB4020102 Update would fix this and it hasn’t :(
@ckit ivan will take a look next week, we are a bit slow, office is getting renovated until next thursday… Mili has reproduced it which is always a good thing, but works well for me no matter what I tried. Thanks.
@ckit check this now:
it wont do crazy unicode anymore but it will still show only time for some files. We discovered reliable method for reproduction only today, so maybe next build it will be all a-ok.
@ckit this is now fixed in .74, you can download it via Patchbeam to check. Thanks a lot!
Confirmed, Thank you very much!