UNSOLVED PA 19.00.57 (and earlier) Duplicate files possible in .pa archive in some cases.
Fast Ring: PowerArchiver 2019 19.00.51/54/57
UNSOLVED GUI: In need of a complete overhaul
UNSOLVED GUI: move label
UNSOLVED GUI: too much frames
UNSOLVED PowerArchiver shell extensions possibly crashing windows explorer.exe
UNSOLVED Encrypt files inside archive that has already been created [.zipx]
UNSOLVED PA 19.00.51 / Access Violation
SOLVED PA 19.00.51 - bug / unwanted code execution
SOLVED Strange file size seen in 2019 portable
SOLVED Fast Extract large files directly to target directory
UNSOLVED Forums: double Search option in the settings (left side hamburger menu)
SOLVED Serpent-256 Encryption for PAE/PAE2
UNSOLVED Moving Files in to a 7Zip archive
UNSOLVED hang when using the Test function with 7z archives
UNSOLVED Some buttons in "Modern Look" are too small
Fast Ring: PowerArchiver 2019 19.00.30/31/32/33/39/40/41/43/44/46/47/48/49
UNSOLVED Searching for the specific Regkeys needed to default new installations in Modern Windows 10 not dark view
UNSOLVED E-Mail problem
Fast Ring: PowerArchiver 2017 17.00.64/65/66
Release Notes - PowerArchiver - Version 17.00.64/65
* [PA-32] - Save setup choices in registry (checkboxes)
* [PA-532] - PAOP Update
* [PA-813] - add RWZ to the compressed extensions in strong/fast modes
* [PA-824] - change reflate/hif codec switches
* [PA-830] - speed up .pa file list loading
* [PA-834] - add .md to the auto preview text list
* [PA-835] - update zstd2 to zstd3
* [PA-837] - update patchbeam web page link
* [PA-19] - PA associates with archives during installation
* [PA-189] - Cannot cancel RAR extraction
* [PA-407] - associate asks to associate again after installation
* [PA-481] - 125 DPI in inno installer
* [PA-804] - ratio % off if block size is over 4GB
* [PA-814] - W7 installation freezes at “Registering files”
* [PA-818] - Finnish installer shows incorrect language text
* [PA-819] - Installation always in English
* [PA-823] - Progress window title bar shows wrong filename when extracting via extract button
* [PA-829] - Cannot cancel PA extraction from main PA extract button
Release Notes - PowerArchiver - Version 17.00.65
* [PA-839] - make secure aes default aes implementation in .pa format
* [PA-681] - backup - issue with using pa and winaes
* [PA-746] - Filename encryption not working when SECURE AES selected for PA format
* [PA-776] - Filename encryption in PAES does not work (fast aes)
* [PA-798] - extract archive to… menu does not appear in shell
* [PA-817] - Deleting archives on Windows 7 (files in use)
* [PA-849] - Update translations for PowerArchiver and Setup
PA 2017 17.00.66 download:
PA 2017 17.00.66 Portable download:
Fixes for reported issues from Beta 1. Major change is that we have updated our Zstandard implementation to ZSTD3 with updated mt wrapper module. We have also made “secure aes” default encryption codec. As a reminder, secure aes uses BWTS codec to scramble data before aes encryption that is done by validated (fips 140-2) modules from Windows. It speed peaks at around 50MBs but is overall more secure than just standard aes implementation. We have also enabled header encryption for secure aes as well.
So please test AES encryption and lets make sure everything works properly before it gets released to the wild next week.
Thanks everyone and have a nice weekend!
guido last edited by
why isn’t available via patchbeam?
why isn’t available via patchbeam?
it is more like an alpha… few more fixes left plus need to check this one too.