Download this ZIP file: http://dslstats.me.uk/files/dslstats32W-6.5.zip
Everything in the ZIP file is in a directory “dslstats32W-6.5”.
However when I extract using right click “Extract Here” the name of the directory created is “2W-6.5” !
I am running PA 22.00.09 on Windows 11. I have seen the same happen with some other kinds of archive too.
If I compress a folder to a .pa using right click, Compress to folder.pa and use the new Windows 11 menu then the Options, Configuration, Miscellaneous, Use normal relative path setting is always enabled.
But I like this option disabled so I have to use the old style menu in order to get PA to compress a folder in the way I wish.
Just tried using the Modern (Windows 10) Icon set and seeing a few missing icons in both PowerArchiver Burner and PowerArchiver Encryption screens . They are all there in the Minimalistik icon set and the only difference I can see is the former is blue and the latter grey. In version 22.00.9
there were some security issues fixed in 7zip:
As it seems, that PowerArchiver and PACL use the 7zip libraries, could you please update them to the latest version?
I noticed that the version of ZPAQ used is older than the latest released 7.15 https://mattmahoney.net/dc/zpaq.html also there seems to be a newer fork that adds several features https://github.com/fcorbelli/zpaqfranz
It would be useful to implement this latest version (it also maintains the same syntax and behavior as the latest official release if used the -715 flag) and add when opening a zpaq file a choice of the version of the files to show (e.g. as dummy folders represented the various versions present). Since any previous changes are stored with this format, it is possible to extract a snapshot of a certain date/version.
If I open a password-protected zipper file (created with WinRAR but I think that’s irrelevant), open it with PowerArchiver and run “Remove Encryption” on the same file, then reopen it and add a password with “Encrypt Archive,” the resulting archive will be protected with the old ZipCrypto algorithm and not AES as indicated.
(this can be verified, for example, by trying to open the archive files with Windows Explorer, which does not support the AES algorithm)
PA 21.00.18 running on Windows 7 64 bit.
I made a big .PA file and thought I’d check it was made correctly with Menu / Actions / Test.
a) PA always issues a UAC prompt to do this!
b) PA always says there are many errors in PA files.
Fast Ring: PowerArchiver 2017 17.00.64/65/66
Release Notes - PowerArchiver - Version 17.00.64/65
* [PA-32] - Save setup choices in registry (checkboxes)
* [PA-532] - PAOP Update
* [PA-813] - add RWZ to the compressed extensions in strong/fast modes
* [PA-824] - change reflate/hif codec switches
* [PA-830] - speed up .pa file list loading
* [PA-834] - add .md to the auto preview text list
* [PA-835] - update zstd2 to zstd3
* [PA-837] - update patchbeam web page link
* [PA-19] - PA associates with archives during installation
* [PA-189] - Cannot cancel RAR extraction
* [PA-407] - associate asks to associate again after installation
* [PA-481] - 125 DPI in inno installer
* [PA-804] - ratio % off if block size is over 4GB
* [PA-814] - W7 installation freezes at “Registering files”
* [PA-818] - Finnish installer shows incorrect language text
* [PA-819] - Installation always in English
* [PA-823] - Progress window title bar shows wrong filename when extracting via extract button
* [PA-829] - Cannot cancel PA extraction from main PA extract button
Release Notes - PowerArchiver - Version 17.00.65
* [PA-839] - make secure aes default aes implementation in .pa format
* [PA-681] - backup - issue with using pa and winaes
* [PA-746] - Filename encryption not working when SECURE AES selected for PA format
* [PA-776] - Filename encryption in PAES does not work (fast aes)
* [PA-798] - extract archive to… menu does not appear in shell
* [PA-817] - Deleting archives on Windows 7 (files in use)
* [PA-849] - Update translations for PowerArchiver and Setup
PA 2017 17.00.66 download:
PA 2017 17.00.66 Portable download:
Fixes for reported issues from Beta 1. Major change is that we have updated our Zstandard implementation to ZSTD3 with updated mt wrapper module. We have also made “secure aes” default encryption codec. As a reminder, secure aes uses BWTS codec to scramble data before aes encryption that is done by validated (fips 140-2) modules from Windows. It speed peaks at around 50MBs but is overall more secure than just standard aes implementation. We have also enabled header encryption for secure aes as well.
So please test AES encryption and lets make sure everything works properly before it gets released to the wild next week.
Thanks everyone and have a nice weekend!
why isn’t available via patchbeam?