Download this ZIP file: http://dslstats.me.uk/files/dslstats32W-6.5.zip
Everything in the ZIP file is in a directory “dslstats32W-6.5”.
However when I extract using right click “Extract Here” the name of the directory created is “2W-6.5” !
I am running PA 22.00.09 on Windows 11. I have seen the same happen with some other kinds of archive too.
If I compress a folder to a .pa using right click, Compress to folder.pa and use the new Windows 11 menu then the Options, Configuration, Miscellaneous, Use normal relative path setting is always enabled.
But I like this option disabled so I have to use the old style menu in order to get PA to compress a folder in the way I wish.
Just tried using the Modern (Windows 10) Icon set and seeing a few missing icons in both PowerArchiver Burner and PowerArchiver Encryption screens . They are all there in the Minimalistik icon set and the only difference I can see is the former is blue and the latter grey. In version 22.00.9
there were some security issues fixed in 7zip:
As it seems, that PowerArchiver and PACL use the 7zip libraries, could you please update them to the latest version?
I noticed that the version of ZPAQ used is older than the latest released 7.15 https://mattmahoney.net/dc/zpaq.html also there seems to be a newer fork that adds several features https://github.com/fcorbelli/zpaqfranz
It would be useful to implement this latest version (it also maintains the same syntax and behavior as the latest official release if used the -715 flag) and add when opening a zpaq file a choice of the version of the files to show (e.g. as dummy folders represented the various versions present). Since any previous changes are stored with this format, it is possible to extract a snapshot of a certain date/version.
If I open a password-protected zipper file (created with WinRAR but I think that’s irrelevant), open it with PowerArchiver and run “Remove Encryption” on the same file, then reopen it and add a password with “Encrypt Archive,” the resulting archive will be protected with the old ZipCrypto algorithm and not AES as indicated.
(this can be verified, for example, by trying to open the archive files with Windows Explorer, which does not support the AES algorithm)
PA 21.00.18 running on Windows 7 64 bit.
I made a big .PA file and thought I’d check it was made correctly with Menu / Actions / Test.
a) PA always issues a UAC prompt to do this!
b) PA always says there are many errors in PA files.
Some problems with the extracting window
There seem to be some problems with the extracting window of PA version 16.10.12.
The displayed elapsed time isn’t displayed correctly. It is displayed in the format 00:00:00. The first 60 seconds it is displayed correctly. The most right 2 digits show the seconds. After 1 minute only the middle 2 digits count up from 1 to 59 and the right ones stay at 0. After minute 2 the left digits show the minutes and the middle ones show the seconds and the right ones stay at 0.
When extracting via shell the file name of the first file that is extracted isn’t displayed. When extracting via main window then it is displayed.
When extracting via main window then for the elapsed time is displayed a “?” for about 5 seconds. When extracting via shell then the elapsed time is instantly displayed.
I just tested this with some multi-volume rar archives.
Thanks for letting us know. Pretty weird timer behavior we will check it out right away.
Thanks for the fast response.
great find, thanks very much!
There are still some problems with version 16.10.14.
When I extract an archive (RAR) via shell then the first extracting file still isn’t displayed.
Next thing is that, when extracting via main window, the extraction can’t be canceled. When I click on the cancel button and then on “no” PA keeps extracting. After that the cancel button doesn’t work anymore. And if I click on the cancel button while the extraction is paused then the extraction will be continued.