Filehippo update manager reports pa wrong version

• filehippo update manager reports the versions on peoples computer is older than on your servers but when you install powerarchiver it shows this not to be the case. Is filehgippo update manager wrong

• Alpha Testers

You can read version numbers can’t you?
    You tell us.

• no need to be rude

I used update inside powearchiver and it told me no updates i’m using latest version however filehippo sated there was a newer version on powerarchivers servers for download so I downloaded it installed it and then tried updating it with patchbeam and it showed I had latest version. Then I used filehippo again and it showed that a new version was on powearchivers servers.

Yes they had same numbers but no other software was listed or had this problem. I was reporting this as a fault so powerarchiver to see why filehippo was reporting this when people versions were same as on their system already.

• conexware

@davidsplash:

no need to be rude

I used update inside powearchiver and it told me no updates i’m using latest version however filehippo sated there was a newer version on powerarchivers servers for download so I downloaded it installed it and then tried updating it with patchbeam and it showed I had latest version. Then I used filehippo again and it showed that a new version was on powearchivers servers.

Yes they had same numbers but no other software was listed or had this problem. I was reporting this as a fault so powerarchiver to see why filehippo was reporting this when people versions were same as on their system already.

it is not reasonable to expect us to fix filehippo version problem… you should check with filehippo why do they have wrong version listed. Obviously our update check will always be correct vs any other 3rd party update check.

thank you!

• just wanted to let you know about this that’s all

Users

Topics