Just tried using the Modern (Windows 10) Icon set and seeing a few missing icons in both PowerArchiver Burner and PowerArchiver Encryption screens . They are all there in the Minimalistik icon set and the only difference I can see is the former is blue and the latter grey. In version 22.00.9
there were some security issues fixed in 7zip:
As it seems, that PowerArchiver and PACL use the 7zip libraries, could you please update them to the latest version?
I noticed that the version of ZPAQ used is older than the latest released 7.15 https://mattmahoney.net/dc/zpaq.html also there seems to be a newer fork that adds several features https://github.com/fcorbelli/zpaqfranz
It would be useful to implement this latest version (it also maintains the same syntax and behavior as the latest official release if used the -715 flag) and add when opening a zpaq file a choice of the version of the files to show (e.g. as dummy folders represented the various versions present). Since any previous changes are stored with this format, it is possible to extract a snapshot of a certain date/version.
If I open a password-protected zipper file (created with WinRAR but I think that’s irrelevant), open it with PowerArchiver and run “Remove Encryption” on the same file, then reopen it and add a password with “Encrypt Archive,” the resulting archive will be protected with the old ZipCrypto algorithm and not AES as indicated.
(this can be verified, for example, by trying to open the archive files with Windows Explorer, which does not support the AES algorithm)
PA 21.00.18 running on Windows 7 64 bit.
I made a big .PA file and thought I’d check it was made correctly with Menu / Actions / Test.
a) PA always issues a UAC prompt to do this!
b) PA always says there are many errors in PA files.
Column headers wrong on Library folders…
Not sure when this may have been introduced, I’m really only noticing it now since installing PA 2015 (Congrats on the release) and doing a fresh configuration on this version.
As shown in the screenshot, when selecting a Library folder under the Folders tree on the left, the column headers become incorrect in the file list window on the right:
- The ‘Size’ column header gets changed to ‘Date modified’
- The ‘Date modified’ column header gets changed to ‘Size’
Less of an issue - but still unnecessary IMHO - is that what is otherwise shown as the ‘Item type’ column header when in a physical folder also changes to just ‘Type’ under a Library folder.
this was always a case, due to some component issues with libraries since they are not actual folders.
I’m not sure what kind of component issue you’re talking about, whether or not a library is a real folder I’d have thought you would still have full control over what you display in your own UI. Maybe you’re just hosting Explorer inside of that window or something…
On the other hand - I really only use PA from the context menu extensions anyway so it doesn’t really bother me specifically… just figured I’d report something that was clearly not correct.