PowerArchiver WIM-file opening

• Recently was released Windows 10 Tech Preview.

7-Zip v9.34 still opens wim-files from source folder on Windows 10 installation image correctly.

PowerArchiver v.14.06.01 gives the error:

• conexware

thank you, we will check it out…

• @spwolf:

thank you, we will check it out…

The problem can be solved by replacing 7Z.DLL file by the same 7Z.DLL file from 7-ZIP v9.34, but wim-files opening is still veeeery slow.

• conexware

@Nizaury:

The problem can be solved by replacing 7Z.DLL file by the same 7Z.DLL file from 7-ZIP v9.34, but wim-files opening is still veeeery slow.

hm, well 9.34 has a lot of buggies according to the forum, not sure if we should use that in production PA.

• hm, well 9.34 has a lot of buggies according to the forum, not sure if we should use that in production PA.

I didn’t have any troubles with 9.34 version, and see this version of dll-file in many other archiver programs.
    But of course if this version have a lot of bugs it’s your decision which 7-Zip version to use.
    If you can make fast opening of any(new) wim-files version, then there is no difference, which version of 7-ZIP will be used 9.20 or 9.34.
    For myself I simply replaced 7Z.dll to the 9.34 version until new version of PowerArchiver, which begins to open new Windows 10 WIM-files.

• 10.10.2014 the PowerArchiver v14.06.02 was released, but it still not opening Windows 10 TP WIM-files.

• conexware

@Nizaury:

10.10.2014 the PowerArchiver v14.06.02 was released, but it still not opening Windows 10 TP WIM-files.

i can confirm it will work in upcoming next major PA version… soon

• @spwolf:

i can confirm it will work in upcoming next major PA version… soon

Thank you for the promises. And please, could you make large wim-files (e.g.: install.wim) opening more faster, as in 7-Zip.

• This post is deleted!

• The PowerArchiver v14.06.04 was released.
    I don’t know is the this version the major or not, but “Windows 10 Technical Preview” WIM-files opening still not working.

• P.S. I want update the info.

The PowerArchiver v14.06.04 does not open only the boot.wim file.
    install.wim file opens, but veeeeeery slowly.
    The PowerArchiver v15.00.22 opens boot.wim file normally.

Any version of 7-Zip always opened all wim-files very fast, but PowerArchiver still can not do this more faster.
    I thought fast wim-file opening will be the gift to the users.

Users

Topics

Copyright © 1998-2018 ConeXware, Inc.
All rights reserved. Privacy Policy