Impossible to open PAE

• Hi,

trying to open PAE with the latest PA version, the Window to enter password appears a quarter of a second then disappears ! No time to catch the pass, and so it’s impossible to open the encrypted file… 😕

Thanks !

Phil
    French translator

• hi !

no ideas ?

I just reinstalled latest version, still cannot enter password, so my PAE is still encrypted !

thanks a lot

Phil
    French translator

• me again,

as I can’t open my PAE with shell extention, I went to the encrypting tool and tried this way to open something :
    for each PAE i have, I always get the following warning “Error while unsecuring”…

This is with v. 14.02.05

It used to work well with former versions…

I’d like to get a reply because I need some of my files.

Thanks a lot.

• Hi Phil,

Is it possible the files have been corrupted? Typically the error message “Error while unsecuring” is displayed when there is a problem during the decryption process.

I have no doubt you are using the correct password so it is either;

1. A fault with PowerArchiver
    2. A corrupt PAE Archive
    3. A fault with your computers registry causing PA not to work correctly.

What i would suggest is to uninstall PowerArchiver completely and delete the entire “PowerArchiver” folder within your MyComputer’s program files.

If not already download ccleaner “freeware” from Periform and run a full Clean and Registry clean. Then reboot your computer and repeat this process until all redundant registry items are cleaned.

http://www.piriform.com/ccleaner

Then download the latest version of PowerArchiver “14.02.05” and install, reboot your system after completion and try your PAE file.

http://dl.patchbeam.com/conexware/files/powerarchiver/powarc140205int.exe

• thank you

PAEs are not corrupted, I can open them on another machine using PA 14.02.03

It’s a bug within PA (I already desinstalled, cleaned PC with jv16PT, reboot and reinstalled… same behaviour !

good day sir richard

• conexware

Hey Phil,

didnt see this message - sorry!

Go to your Config: Security options and check “use same password for same session”.

It will then work… we will fix it in next update.

• yes !!! great great great !!!
    thanks !

• conexware

you can also always email us directly for super fast response, sometimes we miss things on forums.

• merci ! 🙂

Users

Topics