Please Notice: For fastest support from PowerArchiver team, contact us via our Support page

Cloud: Autorize SkyDrive doesn't work

• After pressing OK to enable the permissions for PA (Which are a lot, can yo u explain why?)

The form just stays blanco. And none responsive.

• I guess it took so long to create the filelist.

• conexware

it is hard to understand whats going on šŸ™‚

I guess i need to try it out myself.

• conexware

you mean why all the access rules? dunno, thats how it worksā€¦ it is only your PowerArchiver though, not some web application, but your local PA.

• conexware

so how many files do you have there? was it faster 2nd time? was it non responsive first time? I got nothing inside right now, so i will try to reproduce.

• Ironically, I was just going to make a post about this.

Skydrive seems from the start go unstable.

The 1st this is the Authorize Dialog hangs once you have logged in and there is now way other that to exit the application via task manager.

Then there seems to be a delay or hang on most of the files and folders.

Attachment Cloud and Dropbox both worked without issue and are quick.

• conexware

Authorize is an IE window that accessā€™s the SkyDrive websiteā€¦ once you authorize it, it saves the token on your computerā€¦ but thats all up to SkyDrive I believeā€¦ we will see more about it.

• Trying to get Google Drive to work. I clicked on it and it took a minute, opened a window, then asked for email and password.

Entered the info, then the screen updated and wanted me to accept the terms, which I did. It takes a few seconds and then it gives an error unable to load the page.

• conexware

@amh209:

Trying to get Google Drive to work. I clicked on it and it took a minute, opened a window, then asked for email and password.

Entered the info, then the screen updated and wanted me to accept the terms, which I did. It takes a few seconds and then it gives an error unable to load the page.

yeah, i just checked, it is all done via Google pages - it doesnt have anything to do with PA itself - it doesnt go to our site, nor anything is stored on our siteā€¦ it is all done by google.com and whatever the name of skydrive itself is.

Now I wonder if the problems people are having are due to crappy IE, because it is IE that opens up as it is always installed on the system. But there is nothing we can do about that though.

It does seem that IE11 they have in 8.1 I am using is finally usableā€¦ 10 was horrible on my computer, didnt want to load anything properly.

• FYI, my 25GB SkyDrive is almost Full.

• Second time is just as slow.

• conexware

a lot of files - how many files are there and how long it takes? We can at least make it more responsiveā€¦ i will upload a lot of small files to mine to test

• conexware

we were able to improve the load times for the file list, lets see by how much.

• conexware

ok, so 15s for .20 vs 28s for .18, for logging/loading filelist Skydrive. So abou 2x faster for newer version.

This is for +1000 files or soā€¦ we also added some ā€œprogressā€ messages and little bit more responsive, also fixed total upload progress bar.

It is not perfect yet, but it is better.

• it takes almost 5 minutesā€¦

• conexware

so it will take 1/2 now, at least šŸ˜›

we could do cachingā€¦ we will seeā€¦ (in the future)

• well this is already 1/2 šŸ™‚

• conexware

what version are you trying?

• conexware

šŸ™‚

Looks like your connection to PowerArchiver Forums was lost, please wait while we try to reconnect.