Compression profiles

• Banned

I have never had much look with saving, and no luck with creating, compression profiles.

I thought the problem might have been resolved in 2112.

Unfortunately the problem is worse. I cannot save ANY chances to ANY of the profiles I use.

I don’t dare try to create a new one (which cannot be renamed – never have been able to rename a created one).

Any ideas?

I am using Win 7 32 bit. Ample RAM.

BTW, I continue to have a similar problem with PA remembering my previous action (encryption or not). Sometimes it does. Sometimes it doesn’t. No obvious pattern I can detect. As I mention 2-3 times in earlier emails, I SOMETIMES can get it to remember if I cycle through the various profiles and back to ZIP. But not always.

• conexware

This just got entered into our system 2 days ago, someone emailed it in… it will be fixed in next release.

And then lets see what happens.

thanks!

• Banned

Thanks.

I will wait and see.

BTW, I have never had any luck creating a new profile and then naming it. Is there something I am missing?

I would like to have a plain zip profile with simple deflate, and a zipx profile with optimal and ultra compression. But I cannot figure out how to do that (at least given the options in the shell).

Indeed, I would like to have four profiles. Two of each I just mentioned, one encrypted and the other not. Then if PA remembered the setting for each archive, it would always know which compression the archive had and whether it was (or was not) encrypted.

• conexware

did you check the profiles in .22? Thanks!

• Banned

sorry, spywolf . . . I should have let you know that the problem is fixed.

• conexware

@Socrates:

sorry, spywolf . . . I should have let you know that the problem is fixed.

its ok, it is Mili’s fault, we usually bump the threads where problem is fixed… thanks and I am closing this one 🙂

Users

Topics