PA 2012 Beta 1 Bugs: Color Selectors and Viewer Open Dialogs

• Hello,

Went to configure PA 2012 Beta 1 and ran into a pair of bugs.

In Configuration -> Locations, clicking the folder icon for either the Viewer or Virus Scanner brings up an open file dialog asking to locate rar.exe. Browsing to a folder and selecting a different file (by typing the program name in the open box), and clicking OK will fill in the RAR Archiver path edit box.

In Configuration -> View, it’s possible to simultaneously open more than one color dialog by clicking multiple colors at the bottom of the dialog without first closing the color selector dialog. The problem is, only one can be closed afterward. The other may become hidden behind the Configuration dialog. However, even if it’s exposed, it can’t be closed by either OK or Cancel. Nor can any other dialog be closed. I had to terminate the PowerArc.exe process at this point.

I have recordings of both bugs from the Windows 7 Problem Steps Recorder. However, some personal information is visible so I don’t want to post them publicly. If you’d like the files, I can submit them for viewing.

• @ardax:

In Configuration -> Locations, clicking the folder icon for either the Viewer or Virus Scanner brings up an open file dialog asking to locate rar.exe. Browsing to a folder and selecting a different file (by typing the program name in the open box), and clicking OK will fill in the RAR Archiver path edit box.

Can confirm for Viewer - files of type rar.exe. This can’t be changed, so unable to set a Viewer (except default of notepad.

However, Virus Scanner seems to be OK. Perhaps because it opens on WinRAR folder (but files of type is “programs”).

@ardax:

In Configuration -> View, it’s possible to simultaneously open more than one color dialog by clicking multiple colors at the bottom of the dialog without first closing the color selector dialog. The problem is, only one can be closed afterward. The other may become hidden behind the Configuration dialog. However, even if it’s exposed, it can’t be closed by either OK or Cancel. Nor can any other dialog be closed. I had to terminate the PowerArc.exe process at this point.

Confirmed as well 🆒

@ardax:

I have recordings of both bugs from the Windows 7 Problem Steps Recorder. However, some personal information is visible so I don’t want to post them publicly. If you’d like the files, I can submit them for viewing.

No need. Description is good enough (for these anyway).

• Yeah, Virus Scanner is OK for me as well.

Weird. I could have sworn that I’d tested it, but my recording doesn’t show it and it’s testing fine for me now.

There is another oddity though: Use the folder icon by the Virus Scanner to get to an open file dialog. Navigate and pick a program (doesn’t matter what). Virus Scanner fills in correctly. No big deal.

Now click on the dialog icons for either Viewer or RAR Archiver. The path to the virus scanner is filled into the dialog box’s file name.

• conexware

thanks ardax!

• conexware

please check with 13.00.16 (Patchbeam it!)… these should be fixed?

• Everything in this thread is fixed for me in 13.00.17. Thanks!

Users

Topics