Please Notice: For fastest support from PowerArchiver team, contact us via our Support page

Drag and Drop to check for existing directories before extracing…

• I have a 7zip file with 8500 files in it. I drop the top level directory to the desktop (which is games). PA then extracts all 8500 files to the temp folder which takes about 8 minutes. Then Windows attempts to copy the files to the destination directory (Desktop). The only problem was that there was a Games folder already there and Windows asked me if I wanted to overwrite it (which I didn’t). So I told it “No” and had to extract it again which is another 8 minutes.
    Is there a way to get PA to check the destination directory first before extracting?

• Whoops, wrong forum, I didn’t realize I was in the command line forum. Can this get moved to the PA2012 general tech support forum please?

• conexware

i am not sure what would it help? It is Windows copy function, it will not delete old folder, but copy files inside it?

Looks like your connection to PowerArchiver Forums was lost, please wait while we try to reconnect.