Unmounting Virtual Drive

• Unmounting a virtual drive used to be almost instant. Lately, it has taken a few seconds (win 7 32 bit). One has to wait until all the notifications have gone (yes, those saying that the unmount has been successful šŸ˜•:)) until one can delete the image that had been mounted. Trying before that moment results in a delete failure as the file (image) is still in use. Using RC5.

Regards

DrT

• conexware

hey DrT!

Which method are you using to unmount?

• Right-click, unmount. I have always used this method.

With kind regards

DrT

• conexware

is it the same for you with all ISOs you try to unmount? no matter the size?

just tested some here, unmounted instantly.

• Hi,

Try and delete the ISO as soon as you believe it has unmounted. When I try to delete, it is after the blue ā€œvolume unmountedā€ notification has appeared. So the unmount may have appeared to be successful, but the ISO is STILL in use by PA - there is a PA icon in the taskbar until the ISO becomes deletable - which is when the blue notification goes. I can produce a video of my screen showing all of this should it help.

I would not have noticed this if I did not want to delete an ISO as soon as unmounting.

With kindest regards

DrT

• conexware

Thanks!
    Yes, tried it and was able to delete it immediately.

have you tried another ISO file? same issue?

• conexware

since this has not been changed in a while, check what could influence that on your computer side.

• @ Mili. Yes all ISOs affected.

@ spwolf. Will do.

Thanks to you both.

DrT