Please Notice: For fastest support from PowerArchiver team, contact us via our Support page

PA file icons

• Banned

I decided to look at a couple of the skins.

Didn’t really like any of them.

But now the icons associated with file types are messed up (just shows a generic icon).

I can do this type by type by looking at all file associations. However, I thought there might be an easier and global solution.

Is there?

• Banned

It appears the standard PA icon file is gone. Perhaps if I reinstalled it.

Is there a way to do that? Or must I reinstall PA 2011? (Although then I lose my settings.)

• Banned

A repair install didn’t work.

I had to uninstall, reinstall, enter registration intro, redo settings, set up ftp profiles, the works.

You might want to figure out a way to make sure skins don’t do this.

• conexware

If you selected Default Classic for instance, it should have re-associated itself with icons (it shows UAC screen first and then once you answer yes, it goes back).

• Banned

I choose default toolbar. No luck.

I did get them back, but only in the roundabout way I mentioned. It might have been a hiccup in my system.

I did, though, try to reassociate some of the file types with the appropriate icons; however, the system couldn’t find the PA icon file.

• @Socrates:

I did, though, try to reassociate some of the file types with the appropriate icons; however, the system couldn’t find the PA icon file.

I get this often - it’s a program installer issue. If I navigate to the program’s EXE file or even a DLL, the correct icon can be ‘installed’.

DrT

Looks like your connection to PowerArchiver Forums was lost, please wait while we try to reconnect.