Please Notice: For fastest support from PowerArchiver team, contact us via our Support page

New virtual drive issue in 2011 RC2

• Hi all,
    Not sure if anyone else has this problem. This morning I upgraded to 2011 RC2 (Pro Legacy), and I found a problem when trying to mount a new virtual drive. On the forums I found this thread that seemed similar (my message just a but different – it just says the Virtual Drive drivers are not installed, no mention of StarPort), however that fix did not initally work – what fixed it for me was to rename PAVD2010.exe --> PAVD2011.exe. If I do not do that I always get the ‘patchbeam’ window when I click on the ‘Virtual Drive’ button.
    Regards,
    Johan

• conexware

Hello!
    Somehow you had the old PAVD exe installed, please delete it and click virtual drive again to download the latest VD drivers through patchbeam and you should be fine.

• OK now its even more broken. After I followed your advice, it would not work anymore. I have now uninstalled everything and deleted all the original folders. But still the problem persists – no PAVD2011.exe (plus I wiped the old one 😞 )

• conexware

You deleted PA’s installation folders? If theyre in your recycle bin, restore them.

if you have deleted PAVD2011.exe
    simply go to Burner, click on Virtual Drive, you will be asked if you wish to download the drivers, click Yes and they will be downloaded through patchbeam

• Aaaahhh wait – now I see the problem. My programs are all installed in D:\Programs, but somehow everything EXCEPT the PAVD2011.exe is installed there – no, THAT file goes to PROGRAMFILES/(X86). Moved it to the correct location then all was well. Probably an installer bug.

• conexware

awesome! Tested and confirmed, logging it in!
    thanks

• conexware

@crohan:

Aaaahhh wait – now I see the problem. My programs are all installed in D:\Programs, but somehow everything EXCEPT the PAVD2011.exe is installed there – no, THAT file goes to PROGRAMFILES/(X86). Moved it to the correct location then all was well. Probably an installer bug.

did you have same installation folder with PA 2010 and VD2010 got installed in proper folder there?

thanks!

• Yes, I did an in-place upgrade at first (hence my first ‘fix’ “… was to rename PAVD2010.exe”)

Looks like your connection to PowerArchiver Forums was lost, please wait while we try to reconnect.