Please Notice: For fastest support from PowerArchiver team, contact us via our Support page

Extract with One-Click

• Winrar has a button that can be added to the toolbar which extracts all the contents of the archive into the same directory as the archive. I used to use that alot.

Now, in PowerArchiver, I have to click Extract and then find the current folder on the popup menu and then click OK for the same functionality.

Isn’t there a button somewhere with simple one-click extraction into the same folder as the archive like winrar?

• conexware

current folder \ archive name?

• @orbidia:

Winrar has a button that can be added to the toolbar which extracts all the contents of the archive into the same directory as the archive. I used to use that alot.

Now, in PowerArchiver, I have to click Extract and then find the current folder on the popup menu and then click OK for the same functionality.

Isn’t there a button somewhere with simple one-click extraction into the same folder as the archive like winrar?

If you use this a lot, then set
    Configuration / Folders / Default Extract Location - To current folder

• conexware

maybe we can do this better in the modern toolbar in the future…

• Thank you for the config setting.

That got extracting down to 2 clicks…

Click Extract Button
    (the current directory is now auto-selected)
    Click Extract in the Dialog

I guess there’s no one-click option?

• conexware

shell> extract here? 😉

• @spwolf:

maybe we can do this better in the modern toolbar in the future…

The only problem with the ribbon style in general is that it is difficult to customize the ribbon for all programs which use a ribbon actually.

Luckily, there is the quick access toolbar. Maybe Powerarchiver can just make it possible to add a one-click extract button into the quick access toolbar with the same as winrar functionality.

It would even be nice if multiple “quick-extract” buttons could be added. They could be configurable buttons where the folder for extraction is preset. So there could be one extract button which extracts to the current folder, and another which extracts to a customizable folder etc. And there could be “default options” for each button. The only problem would be that there would be identicle icons for each extract button on the quick access toolbar. I would say the best way to deal with that is to make each “customizable” extract button have a custom color. Then I could make a Red Extract button always extract in a download folder or a Blue Extract button extract to documents and a Green Extract goes to the current folder for example.

I’m sure there’s more than just me that would find that kind of functionality useful.

• conexware

are you often extracting to same folder? or they different folders each time?

• Well,
    a folder for text/docs
    a folder for programmes/updates (one sub-folder per program)
    a folder for videos
    a folder for testing
    etc.

• conexware

well, i am thinking extract MRU has 10 fields… so as long as 10 folders are used, it would be perfect to use 🙂

• Actually, I usually use drag-n-drop and shell 😃

Looks like your connection to PowerArchiver Forums was lost, please wait while we try to reconnect.