POWERARC -e filename.ext
    –> extracts “filename.ext” to current directory

POWERARC -e filename.ext “full_path_where_to_extract”
    –> extracts “filename.ext” to directory specified as third parameter

POWERARC -es filename.exe
    –> extracts “filename.exe” to subfolder named ./filename/

POWERARC -et filename.exe
    –> starts dialog where user can select folder for extraction

The problem is when I use POWERARC -es testrar.rar, it does not make the folder testrar and extract to it, instead it extracts to the current directory.

When extracting too many at the same time I get false extract errors. I just want to send extract commands to a simple gui for queued extraction. I’d prefer the gui remain visible when there’s a problem, and disappear when there isn’t. I think PA will do this….

This works: POWERARC -e testrar.rar c:\temp\test\testrar

This does not work POWERARC -e testrar.rar .\testrar

So I have the extract part working, but it is NOT queuing, it is opening a new window for each extract.

• conexware

you need to use PACL for that…

• @spwolf:

you need to use PACL for that…

PACL manual doesn’t say anything about queuing.

• conexware

by the definition, when you write bat file to execute several actions, they are done sequentially, so “queued”.

• The bat file is called from the context menu, so it get’s the path. It does several things, then calls winrar and exits.

So, PA will queue but GUI operations.
    PACL does not queue at all.

Is there some way to accomplish this?

• @Bugglers:

The bat file is called from the context menu, so it get’s the path. It does several things, then calls winrar and exits.

Sorry I don’t understand this. Can you show us the batch file you are trying?

P.S. I promise not to criticise for using WinRar instead of PowerArchiver 😃

• "c:\program files (x86)\powerarchiver\POWERARC.exe" -e "%%a" %1"!desti!"

rem Works with WINRAR: start winrar x "%%a" * "!desti!"

Batch coding has become quite obnoxious with the quotes and the % and the !.

Win7 x64 btw.

The script is called from the context menu. I’ve got it setup so I can right click on the folder and press 1 to make it find the rar and send it to the batch to extract and such.

I could do more dde type passing, just hoping to find something to work with what I have already.

• Ah, you’re still trying to use PowerArchiver.
    spwolf was saying to use Batch file with PACL instead.

Something like

FOR %i IN *.rar DO paext %i

Of course you can use parameters to Batch file to allow choosing folders/archives etc.

• conexware

i think he is calling separate actions, so how do you queue that?

you have to use PA2010 and PA starter.

• @TBGBe:

Ah, you’re still trying to use PowerArchiver.
    spwolf was saying to use Batch file with PACL instead.

Something like

FOR %i IN *.rar DO paext %i

Of course you can use parameters to Batch file to allow choosing folders/archives etc.

spwolf
    i think he is calling separate actions, so how do you queue that?

you have to use PA2010 and PA starter.

Right, I’m not trying to extract multiples from the same folder.

Whats’ this PA starter?

• A batch-queue wont work for me because it doesn’t know when there was a problem with the extract, so it will wait forever.

It needs to use the GUI queue that’s smart enough to continue on to the next extract.

• @Bugglers:

Right, I’m not trying to extract multiples from the same folder.

Whats’ this PA starter?

PA starter is the PowerArchiver Queue.
    If you did not enable it on install then it can be activated using the QUEUE under Options/Configuration menu.

• conexware

@Bugglers:

This is from the help file:

The problem is when I use POWERARC -es testrar.rar, it does not make the folder testrar and extract to it, instead it extracts to the current directory.

When extracting too many at the same time I get false extract errors. I just want to send extract commands to a simple gui for queued extraction. I’d prefer the gui remain visible when there’s a problem, and disappear when there isn’t. I think PA will do this….

This works: POWERARC -e testrar.rar c:\temp\test\testrar

This does not work POWERARC -e testrar.rar .\testrar

So I have the extract part working, but it is NOT queuing, it is opening a new window for each extract.

simply enable PA Queue option in Config> Queue… this is what you want!

• The queue checkbox wont stay.

When I reopen the config menu, it’s unchecked.

• i would like to see pacl intergrated into powerarchiver can be done irfanview has done it

• conexware

@Bugglers:

The queue checkbox wont stay.

When I reopen the config menu, it’s unchecked.

you need to start PAStarter.exe, maybe you keep turning it off? It is responsible for running the queue.

• It doesn’t queue even with the system-tray “always queue” checked.

What’s up with entering a Captcha every post?

• conexware

keep in mind default minimum for queue is 9 MB, so try larger files or decrease the limit to 0.

• conexware

(In config> queue)

• @spwolf:

(In config> queue)

Yes, that is what I used before. In the main interface, it’s Options, Configuration, Queue (std), “Always use queue”

It will not stay checked.

I check the box, press OK, Options, Configuration, Queue (std), and observe it is unchecked again.

Note that after doing this, the system-tray PA Starter Always-Queue option is now unchecked.

The “Don’t queue files smaller than” is set to 20mb.

Kinda buggy…

Users

Topics