Download this ZIP file: http://dslstats.me.uk/files/dslstats32W-6.5.zip
Everything in the ZIP file is in a directory “dslstats32W-6.5”.
However when I extract using right click “Extract Here” the name of the directory created is “2W-6.5” !
I am running PA 22.00.09 on Windows 11. I have seen the same happen with some other kinds of archive too.
If I compress a folder to a .pa using right click, Compress to folder.pa and use the new Windows 11 menu then the Options, Configuration, Miscellaneous, Use normal relative path setting is always enabled.
But I like this option disabled so I have to use the old style menu in order to get PA to compress a folder in the way I wish.
Just tried using the Modern (Windows 10) Icon set and seeing a few missing icons in both PowerArchiver Burner and PowerArchiver Encryption screens . They are all there in the Minimalistik icon set and the only difference I can see is the former is blue and the latter grey. In version 22.00.9
there were some security issues fixed in 7zip:
As it seems, that PowerArchiver and PACL use the 7zip libraries, could you please update them to the latest version?
I noticed that the version of ZPAQ used is older than the latest released 7.15 https://mattmahoney.net/dc/zpaq.html also there seems to be a newer fork that adds several features https://github.com/fcorbelli/zpaqfranz
It would be useful to implement this latest version (it also maintains the same syntax and behavior as the latest official release if used the -715 flag) and add when opening a zpaq file a choice of the version of the files to show (e.g. as dummy folders represented the various versions present). Since any previous changes are stored with this format, it is possible to extract a snapshot of a certain date/version.
If I open a password-protected zipper file (created with WinRAR but I think that’s irrelevant), open it with PowerArchiver and run “Remove Encryption” on the same file, then reopen it and add a password with “Encrypt Archive,” the resulting archive will be protected with the old ZipCrypto algorithm and not AES as indicated.
(this can be verified, for example, by trying to open the archive files with Windows Explorer, which does not support the AES algorithm)
PA 21.00.18 running on Windows 7 64 bit.
I made a big .PA file and thought I’d check it was made correctly with Menu / Actions / Test.
a) PA always issues a UAC prompt to do this!
b) PA always says there are many errors in PA files.
Wrong decompressed size when printing to .txt or .html
I have a zip archive with 5 PDF files in it. De total decompressed size of these 5 files is 1091 kb as seen in the attached screen shot.
Next thing I do is selecting “Print File Listning” –> “to HTML document…”. The HTML file is saved and then open. Now the decompressed size is set as 2182 kb as seen in the attached screen shot.
If I then go back to PA who is still have the zip file open, the decompressed size is now set as 2182 kb in the lower right corner. If I close the archive and reopen it, the decompressed size is the correct one of 1091 kb.
I looks like when printing to HTML or TXT the decompressed size is always set as 2x the correct size.
It’s not a big issue for me, but it’s still a small bug in the application.
Version tested on: 11.64.01
Just tested that myself and you are right it does exactly as you say it does.
Good catch. :)
thanks Micke, we’ll log it in!
Just tested this in PA version 12.12.02. The decompressed is now displayed correctly in the html document.
You can close this report.