Dual shell extensions bad idea!!!

• I just installed PowerArchiver Professional 2010 11.64.01 and now I have dual shell extensions! 😞

There is no need to have dual shell extensions on my computer.

How can I remove them?

Why in the world I want to make more of a mess to my context menu then it already is?

Can you please explain to me why I need to have “Extract” Here and “Extract To” twice in the context menu?

• conexware

you dont have them at the same time, do you? that could only happen if you had old version instaed next to the new one, instead of overwriting/uninstalling it first

• @spwolf:

you dont have them at the same time, do you? that could only happen if you had old version instaed next to the new one, instead of overwriting/uninstalling it first

I installed the new one right over the old one. And now have 2 shell extensions of everything.

I am going to uninstall PowerArchiver then reinstall again and I bet that will fix it 🙂

I’ll let you know the results.

• This was strange!

I went to control Panel and Programs and features and uninstalled PowerArchiver and restart my computer and when I get back to my desktop I see that PowerArchiver is still installed. However this time the extra shell extension is gone 🙂

Why did I not have to reinstall PowerArchiver again?

So all fixed now 🙂

• conexware

I guess somehow it had two installations. Usually Windows Installer uninstalls previous version, leaves the settings and then installs new version (this is all during normal installation).

Since we created new shell extensions (before we had same name for 32bit and 64bit), if this uninstall doesnt go correctly, you could be left with 2… this is not how it should be of course :).

Dual reefers to both 32bit and 64bit, but they are never shown together… 32bit shows only in 32bit programs, such as PA or explorer windows when launched with 32bit programs, because then explorer is 32bit too.

Suggested Topics

Users

Topics

Copyright © 1998-2018 ConeXware, Inc.
All rights reserved. Privacy Policy