When can we next expect a new version of PA ?

• I know I’m impatient, but when can we expect to see a new verision of PA ?

Also, what is likely to be fixed/improved in this new version ?

• new fixes are coming out all the time just keep checking as to a new version it will take some time as it has to alpha tested to make sure it does not have a problem before release.

What you can do in the mean time is help bug test the present version witha s many different archives as not all are the same.

There are always bugs in any program if you search hard enough.

this is the most complete archive utility around no other offers this type of forum (well they do now cause of pa)

• conexware

@deipotent:

I know I’m impatient, but when can we expect to see a new verision of PA ?

Also, what is likely to be fixed/improved in this new version ?

Heh… Well we know that next new major release will be within next 3-4 months.
    We will release one maintainance release this week most likely, and another feature release withing a month.

Generally speaking, we release updates every two months that usually offer good mix of improvements, features and fixes. Plus there is usually an major release once per year that pretty much changes most of things. As David said, problem is not adding features and releasing them, it is testing that takes time and fixing issues related to new features.

thanks - being impatient is an compliment :-).

• @spwolf:

Heh… Well we know that next new major release will be within next 3-4 months.
    We will release one maintainance release this week most likely, and another feature release withing a month.

Generally speaking, we release updates every two months that usually offer good mix of improvements, features and fixes. Plus there is usually an major release once per year that pretty much changes most of things. As David said, problem is not adding features and releasing them, it is testing that takes time and fixing issues related to new features.

thanks - being impatient is an compliment :-).

Cool!! Thanks for the update. 🙂

• New update is out now

Version 9.11 [December/2004]
    Maintenance release

Changes:

• Faster ZIP compression in certain situations.
    • Improved support for HP-UX file systems accessible on a LAN.
    • Drag and Drop improvements.
    • Various fixes and smaller enhancements.

Users

Topics

Looks like your connection to PowerArchiver Forums was lost, please wait while we try to reconnect.