Please Notice: For fastest support from PowerArchiver team, contact us via our Support page

Wrong behavior when extracting .pae?

• hi guys 🙂 long time no see

I’ve been using PA as usual. Lately I’ve started using the encryption feature, so creating .pae files with password.

When extracting files from .pae’s I noticed a strange behavior, if you put in the wrong password: first, PA extracts the content…at the end of the process, it will give you the error for the wrong pw.

Now, I’m not that techie as for archive formats so I don’t know whether this is by design, but I definitely think that PA should immediately warn of the error! The current behavior means a lot of wasted time waiting for the extraction to complete, esp. in case of big .pae’s.

see this upload video I created.
    http://www.mediafire.com/download.php?xt2kzhqnoin

what do you think?

thank you!

• conexware

@manuangi:

hi guys 🙂 long time no see

I’ve been using PA as usual. Lately I’ve started using the encryption feature, so creating .pae files with password.

When extracting files from .pae’s I noticed a strange behavior, if you put in the wrong password: first, PA extracts the content…at the end of the process, it will give you the error for the wrong pw.

Now, I’m not that techie as for archive formats so I don’t know whether this is by design, but I definitely think that PA should immediately warn of the error! The current behavior means a lot of wasted time waiting for the extraction to complete, esp. in case of big .pae’s.

see this upload video I created.
    http://www.mediafire.com/download.php?xt2kzhqnoin

what do you think?

thank you!

this is per design for pae format… you should use 7zip aes or zip aes if you want to behave otherwise, and they offer same strength of encryption.

actual reason is that it makes format safer, even if it is a bit more inconvenient, as it significantly lengthens brute force dictionary attacks.

thank you,

• thanks, I had imagined something similar.

Looks like your connection to PowerArchiver Forums was lost, please wait while we try to reconnect.