Please Notice: For fastest support from PowerArchiver team, contact us via our Support page

Lost Ziped Data After Changing Internal File Name

• Hi,

Newbie here. Was extracting a file from a multi-file zipped folder. From the folder, I selected a file. I wanted to name the file to separate it from the other nondescript files. When I changed the name, the entire zip file emptied. Now I cannot open the zip file with Power Achiever. Help?

Thanks. Bob

• conexware

Hi,

did you try repair zip tool, under tools? It might not work for multivolumes.

What version of PA were you using? (You can check under Help> About).

thanks

• It is 11.61.07. BTW, I have tried to register my purchase and the Nag continues to come up. My operating system is Windows 7.

FYI, I downloaded the folder again and extracted the folders again. Everything works fine now.

Still, I will not try to rename a file when viewing it and before extracting it. Maybe that is the problem.

Thanks.

• conexware

@aimfair:

It is 11.61.07. BTW, I have tried to register my purchase and the Nag continues to come up. My operating system is Windows 7.

FYI, I downloaded the folder again and extracted the folders again. Everything works fine now.

Still, I will not try to rename a file when viewing it and before extracting it. Maybe that is the problem.

Thanks.

can you send us an link to that zip file/folder? To support at conexware dot com.

We will answer that nag screen question there as well, easier to keep track… thanks a lot!

• The file is about 800 MB. I can’t email it. Any suggestions?

• conexware

if you email support and refference post here, we will send you our ftp info so you can upload it there.

much appreciated!

Looks like your connection to PowerArchiver Forums was lost, please wait while we try to reconnect.