Lost Ziped Data After Changing Internal File Name

• Hi,

Newbie here. Was extracting a file from a multi-file zipped folder. From the folder, I selected a file. I wanted to name the file to separate it from the other nondescript files. When I changed the name, the entire zip file emptied. Now I cannot open the zip file with Power Achiever. Help?

Thanks. Bob

• conexware

Hi,

did you try repair zip tool, under tools? It might not work for multivolumes.

What version of PA were you using? (You can check under Help> About).

thanks

• It is 11.61.07. BTW, I have tried to register my purchase and the Nag continues to come up. My operating system is Windows 7.

FYI, I downloaded the folder again and extracted the folders again. Everything works fine now.

Still, I will not try to rename a file when viewing it and before extracting it. Maybe that is the problem.

Thanks.

• conexware

@aimfair:

It is 11.61.07. BTW, I have tried to register my purchase and the Nag continues to come up. My operating system is Windows 7.

FYI, I downloaded the folder again and extracted the folders again. Everything works fine now.

Still, I will not try to rename a file when viewing it and before extracting it. Maybe that is the problem.

Thanks.

can you send us an link to that zip file/folder? To support at conexware dot com.

We will answer that nag screen question there as well, easier to keep track… thanks a lot!

• The file is about 800 MB. I can’t email it. Any suggestions?

• conexware

if you email support and refference post here, we will send you our ftp info so you can upload it there.

much appreciated!

Users

Topics